I struck a Thai. Your thoughts?

Pom_Jao_Choo

There is no criticizing you, you've done it, that's all. If we want to talk about how to act in Thailand when such abuses happen, I would think better the punishment not over-exceed the crime.

A strong reprimand/insult in your best thai probably would have been more appropriate, but again, we were not in your shoes.

Most interesting would be to find out what the witnesses think who at the end comes out having done the most wrong to the situation. It seems to me, that however understanding of a farang plight they may be, thais will point out most likely to having had the wrong response as the main spoiler of the moment.

I guess both on the surface and deep inside, it may have to do with creation of more negative Karma instead of calming things, poisoning the atmosphere ( vs a non-violent move that hardly was noticeable), showing too much of one's emotions to unintimate people like neigbours, casual friends or acquaintances, etc.....

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the original poster:

I understand you reaction. Where I come from if someone grabs your dick you better be ready for an all out fight or worse... However you are a guest in someones country no matter who you have THAIS with! When in a situation where you are in someone elses turf and your THAIS are not with you, you need to adjust a bit. I cannot say what I would have done in that situation but I always take care in Thailand to be preventative. I react quickly because of my street skills and probably would have seen his hand going for my body (anywhere on my body) and gave a defensive blow to his hand but who knows, if in your position, I could have been thinking about my school lessons, the bargirl from last night etc. and done the same thing. What I would do at this point and I don't know if this is the right thing, but I would buy this guy a huge Singha. When you saw him sitting, if not a bar, go to the nearest store, buy a huge Singha, go to him place it on the table, wai him and keep getting up. Let those who you have connects with know what happened and maybe have the tourist police (yes 1k baht or two would be nice in their palms) jokingly visit him and let them give him your side of the story. Giving him a mean look only lets him know that you are still "into" this. See, you LIVE there, I don't. I always have a policy of "never bitching up" no matter where I am. However I can be on the next thing outta there and you probably can't because you have made a life there. Touchy situation and you need to stand down a bit and seek Thai help and next time in crowded situations like that just be very aware and very PREVENTATIVE if you at all can.

My two cents.

Oneye

Hi,

it's of course depending on the situation what the reaction will be. Some years ago I was walking in a gay soi (probably Pattayaland Soi 3) in Pattaya, 2 katoyes wanted to speak with me in the middle of the street. One of them placed his hand on my cock, I didn't do anything special - just told him I'm not interested in men or katoyes and I think my cock confirmed that! :neener:

If it had happened in an other soi I think my reaction would have been totally different, but after all I was walking in a gay area so there was some defence for his (not "her" for me) action! ::

:beer:

elef

Pom_Jao_Choo said:

Anyways, I saw him sitting outside the store today, we both gave each other an ugly stare and then I decided to postpone my shopping. This is day 2 since the incident. I don't regard myself as being out of the woods, but possibly he has realized his error.

What you should do in this instance is call him over to you, politely.

Explain in the simplest terms that you like ladies, not men. Shake his hand, smile and voila! Situation defused.

[color:"red"] When you saw him sitting, if not a bar, go to the nearest store, buy a huge Singha, go to him place it on the table, wai him and keep getting up. [/color]

That ought to convine the guy he's not gay.

Seriously, aren't people going a bit overboard here. The guy grabbed his cock, he got a little smack in the head in return, a few words were exchanged.

Really it's nothing. If the two of you quit eyeball fucking each other, or at least you just ignore the guy, it will all soon be forgotten.

But if you keep it up and make a big deal out of it there will be problems.

Let it go, don't bring it up or talk about it and soon enough all involved will "forget."

>>>What I would do at this point and I don't know if this is the right thing, but I would buy this guy a huge Singha. When you saw him sitting, if not a bar, go to the nearest store, buy a huge Singha, go to him place it on the table, wai him and keep getting up.<<<

...and make a complete fool out of himself.

jeezas, we, who do live in thailand, have to suffer all the time from some dumbfuck farang who have nothing better to do than make fools out of themselves.

pleeeease, show a bit of backbone here. the guy was wrong to toch a complete stranger's dick, and absolutely outside of any gay bar. pom_jao_choo might have overreacted a bit, but what happened happened.

no frigging reason to loose face by waiing to some twat before anything happened.

he should either face what might come or move away from the area.

but waiing to some misbehaving arsehole, pleeease!

also, guys, don't overestimate that head thing please. that is tourist guide stuff. in a conflict such as this there is no difference if the guy was slapped in the head or given a kick in the balls. thais do fight all the time - and the same as everywhere else - the face/head is a perfectly permissable target.

or do you think that before a thai is in a physical fight he wagers if the seriousness of the situation is enough to slap the other bloke in the face or better go for a kick in the shins?

get realistic, please.

pattaya127 said:

Aberrations and will be soon forgotten in another hundred years

------------------------------

Says who????? :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Says me of course. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Also have you looked at any recent high school history books? These guys receive mere blurbs. A hundred years from now unless someone founds a religious sect based around these guys they will merely be a name on a building, a statue and a paragraph in a history book. They will be reduced to mere historical facts and footnotes.

any recent high school history books? These guys receive mere blurbs.

----------------------------

Indeed, their influence will be of the kind that transcends rote learning and history books recitations.

Time will tell, but i think their legacy has more to do with the message of non-violence, the gift of oneself to a larger cause than their political and personal failures and achievements (another case of the message being stronger than the messenger).

I mean, it's because the world is such a violent place that their message resounds. If the world was to become all "peace and love", that's when they'd be forgotten. IMO. I think Elie Wiesel said something like that once ("That's because no one listens to you that you must absolutely speak and testify").

Hi Fly,

"also, guys, don't overestimate that head thing please. that is tourist guide stuff."

I don't say you're wrong, but most thais I know regard somebody not family or friend touching the hair as an insult, but not rest of the head.

elef

Archived