I struck a Thai. Your thoughts?

Pom_Jao_Choo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think that Thai gays tend to take "liberties" with Farangs that they would not take with another Thai. Notice that you don't see the khatoeys bothering Thai males along Sukhumwit!

I was "groped" once on a crowded bus years ago. I just told the khatoey to sod off in less than polite Thai. He got the idea, plus those around him knew what he'd been up to. But then I had lived here for years already and knew that just having one of them near me on a crowded bus was putting me in a position where that could happen.

Note that Thai women CAN touch you, while it is very impolite for you to touch them without a clear invite. Maybe the khatoeys figure that as wannabe females they have the same touching rights as women -- or at least "working women"?

>>>I don't say you're wrong, but most thais I know regard somebody not family or friend touching the hair as an insult, but not rest of the head.<<<

touching head/hair is not really the thing - especially if you are strangers. but where i am coming from in the west it also is not really good manners to do that.

you constantly see mates though here pissing around, slapping each other over the head jokingly, same way as mates do back home.

but in this situation of conflict it did not make a difference if he slapped him over the head, or would have given him one in the balls.

head had nothing to do with it. it was just a conflict.

i wouldn't really bring any thai angle into it other that some bloke took some liberties he should not have in any society, but might have been inspired to do that by his misconception (?) on us farang. it simply was a human incident. could have happened anywhere.

anyhow, if pom_chao_choo would have taken up the other's offer i guess the head would have not been that sacred anymore during whatever might have happened in privacy later on... :p

Just read this thread.First I ever heard of this happening.

I think this guy is an asshole no matter where in the world he is from.Besides probably poking fun at you,in Thai ,right in front of you, he grabbed your johnson-(I would wager he commented on the scale of a Farang tool.)

This is un acceptable behavior.

Ignore him but keep an eye out.

He is an asshole dont buy him a beer for chris sakes

Go about your life. ::

I don't buy the you only instinctively reacted to the situation excuse. Others that support this excuse must not have had many physical altercations in their life or never learned how to fight.

You hit the guy because you wanted to IMO. Instinctive fight or flight occurs when you feel threatened. You were not attacked and I am sure you realized that as the actions occured. A guy invaded your personal space and touched you in a manner that pissed you off so you decided to smack him for it. You did two complete actions the first was to clear space between you and him to eliminate the perceived threat(that may be considered instinctive) and the second was a smack in retaliation(that was not instinctive).The smack was intentional to punish the guy for what he did. The fact that you smacked him and did not beat his face in, shows that you assessed the situation and responded in a manner that you felt fit the threat level.

That is not instinct that is thought.

I don't buy the you "just reacted without thought" excuse. Hey you hit the guy because he pissed you off, nothing wrong with that. I have done it as have many others in the world have. You just have to ready for the consequences.

What you should do in this instance is call him over to you, politely.

Explain in the simplest terms that you like ladies, not men. Shake his hand, smile and voila! Situation defused.

That's probably what the Pope would have said as well, but you must understand that not all people *have the ability* to remain calm after such rudeness.

I, for one, couldn't. Experience has told me so and no matter how much and hard I concentrate to do the 'right' thing, I can't. I simply can't control my reflexes after such unexpected and very provocative gesture.

I don't blame PJC because of the fact that it was a very unexpected move. It's quite a different situation when the guy smiles at you, looks at your dick, grabs the package etc....then he actually gives ME time to think and act properly and HIMSELF the avoidance of a deserved beating.

IMO I also believe his reasoning for doing what he did in a crowded elevater creates the assumption of expecting no real (or public) struggle which would be a fantastic motivator for me to ignore.

Besides, do you honestly think that a person who does such thing will have ears for your explanation of having a liking for ladies, smile back and ... voila? I don't think so.

Notice that you don't see the khatoeys bothering Thai males along Sukhumwit!

------------------------------

Maybe that's because thai males are not the ones who travel across the oceans to stay in a heavily sexed part of town, like single farangs along sukhumvit are assumed to be.

Most katoeys get away with this, because it happens in this type of location. I doubt it would happen in less nightlifey surroundings, unless the farang plays along with it.

Archived