How Far they Fall

Nervous_Dog

Jimmie Blonde wrote

"But I also think that guys like me and old hippie might be crying out for love too, and can't understand why we get regejcted."

About old hippie I cannot say anything..I dont understand if his rejection syndrome is a 'board pose' or something he wants taken more seriously but as you write the story she seemd to reject you 'nobly' and protectively, half ( one tenth?) concious of the fall to come......

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<<but as you write the story she seemd to reject you 'nobly' and protectively, half ( one tenth?) concious of the fall to come...... >>

Could have been, I think she knew she could have had anything I had, and I would have given it too her, as I said, she is a strange one, stranger than most withalso quite a different background, yet the same background,

For example, she is a muslim, drinks hard like me, but would never step foot in a Wat. So the usual Budhist reasons (ie acceptance of Fate) that help a girl become a whore don't apply with her so much

JB

Hi rompandadam,

Good post. This crossed my mind many times while thinking about the subject of this thread. It would seem to be compulsive self destructive behaviour, on many levels. Getting in to reach a goal, and then simply walking away, once it is achieved. And then starting all over again.

Same could be said of many punters who seek out relationships with these girls. They get chewed up and spit out, and then go right back to the original source of abuse, for more of the same. ::

And I think you are right in your assesment of many having a low self-asteem, and not feeling good about themselves, in a general sense. More than a few times I've had a girl mutter to herself, that she is 'no-good', and a 'bad girl'.

It's this type of prevalent behaviour, and many other things, that forms my opinion that personality traits have much to do with a girl involvement in the scene. Many, many times the amount of Thai girl's involved in prostitution, are in the same situation of having been left by a Thai husband, with 2 kids to raise be herself. Only a small fraction chose prositution, as the answer to their problems.

So given identical situations, why do some do, and by far, most elect not to do? To me, and I know many will disagree, it comes down to personality traits. For most Thai girl's, being a prostitute is simply not an option, no matter what.

Disclaimer: All this is all in general terms. Of course, you will have situations where a family member is in a life-death situation (medical, etc.), and the money that prostituting yourself can bring in, is the only option to save them. These situations are much different than what is being discussed here. I only say this, because it's a touchy subject, brought up before here, and often ending in a closed thread. Nice to see is being discussed very well, and in a mature fashion, so far. :up:

HT

HighThaid, one thing you point out <<Getting in to reach a goal, and then simply walking away>> as a trait of the girl.

Oddly enough, this is also a trait of mine, once I reach a goal, I then walk away, which is really often can be destructive behaviour when applied on a personal level.

Hadn't thought about this before, but perhaps that was another trait she and I shared?

JB (Lying on the couch in the Psychiatrists office, Dr Nana)

Hi JB,

With your post, I will rest my case. ::

>>>>>Oddly enough, this is also a trait of mine, once I reach a goal, I then walk away, which is really often can be destructive behaviour when applied on a personal level.<<<<

Makes you think, doesn't it?

HT

pattaya127 wrote

"(the premise we debated on, I checked again)"

assiduous as ever! ...ok I scratch again ( my previous post not addressed to you)..must get ready to go to uk....really you give so much to this board, it is phenomenal...might I be invasive enough to ask if you are so generous in other areas of your life?..but that is probably a matter best left for that drink I guess......

Archived