How Far they Fall

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi OH,

>>>>I might add, that some may figure "...I've gone this far in fucking my life up, why not go further, keep going until there is no road back..." then the end is easier to take...>>>>

This is a huge factor in my mind, but more along the lines of some, maybe feeling that after so many guys, that what is one more? "I've prostituted myself, so what is one more going to make a difference, and change that fact?"

I doubt many woman could ever walk away from the fact they were once a prostitute, after engaging in that line of work. It's a stigmatism that is not only placed upon them by future suiters, but more so, upon themselves.

Kind of like..."gosh, I'm am/been a whore now, so how do I turn back the clock". It can't be done, which they clearly realise, and a sort of resignation comes into play. Especially for the ones with low self-esteem. "I've become a whore, and because I chose that road, there is no way of turning back". Kind of like a resignation to their lifes course.

Many Thai's feel like their course in life is pre-determined, so might explain the appearant resignation to a B/G's acceptance to her decisions, and looking upon it, as her fate in life, and thus, why question it? ::

Just another angle to it. :dunno:

HT

Guest lazyphil

IME (which I hope is valid here?) things are pretty different, a few of the girls I know from the biz here and elsewhere can and do move on, just like we do/can. This stuff about Buddhism and fate is a bit simplistic and just a cop out. I do know one girl here though who fits the stereotype and is doomed. I think men who approach this in a 'I'm gonna save this girl' have got it all so wrong.

Good answer, LP. This is a subject you know a lot about directly. And i do indirectly with my friends here who are P4P/farang couple here.

Many girls simply do not feel like they are fallen angels, wrecked prostitutes.

Their biggest concern is to make money and take care of a kid or 2, or parents. That is what is of most importance to them, not that they have to sleep with so many guys (which is important, but not as important).

When the girl starts feeling that she is just a stinking hole for horny males, and the job becomes overtaking all other aspects of her life or pay other habits, then that's where you have the sad stories. IMO

LP, P1MIL,

I think HT, JB and I are speaking of the girls we know/knew/loved who can't break away, and why this is so. Clearly, there are many who do just fine later in life. We are questioning why some don't.

HT, JB,

As I said, I agree with this as a factor. As I said, the one girl I know, has a fortune teller filling her head with "you will have a lonely life" crap, and I think she believes it to the point it has or will become a self fullfilling prophecy...

ThaiHome said:

So true.

And I don't think we can ever understand growing up really poor in rural Thailand 20 or more years ago. I have tried, but it is just too different for me to ever really grasp it.

I think the closest thing in the west is the sports figures from the deep urban ghettos, and they don't generally do well in the long run.

TH

understanding rural thailand (and life in the slums which is in some aspects not that much different) is the key to understand the whole thing. we can never fully understand it, but we can come close to it with enough effort (and there one needs just to begin with a working knowledge of thai plus the access of the people into their personal lifes, which takes years if one is not a trained anthropologist).

We are questioning why some don't.

--------------------------------------

And also if it has anything to do, relevant to the location where it happens, ie. Thailand.

Prostitution can wreck and seriously distort one's life, up to the point that self-destruction becomes almost like a lifestyle or a calling for an individual. Like drugs, alcohol, etc.....

My feeling is that it's less worse in Thailand. So many girls seem to have a safeguard frame of mind about it for all kind of reasons. i may be wrong....

LP <<I think men who approach this in a 'I'm gonna save this girl' have got it all so wrong. >> Very true, the wisest words I ever heard was someone telling me Thailand is the only place in the world where men come to date whores.

I say that not bitrterly, because I did it myself once, and it is a mistake though.

Fly, I disagree about the "Understanding the rural Thailand", many other countries just as poor, or poorer, do not have the same evolved sex industry, the answer is that there are many factors, Budhism, rural poor, city poor, idle rich girls even.

To many factors, one thing though, don't come here and date bar girls etc.

Play the game as its meant to be.

JB

Archived