Ex-Pats and Non-BGs Stunners....

cardinalblue

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>She has many 'issues' about dating a farang. For example, she says she honestly hates all farang, as do her friends. (I think it's because she never really knew any of them.) She says it pains her to see a farang guy and a Thai girl together. They are too different<<<

Does this imply that you're not a farang?

>>Wealthy women tend to follow in the same circles as expats. <<

Don't agree with this statement.

Can you tell me of a social place where Thais and Expat Farang meet on regular basis?

I am not talking about social functions that are attended out of necessity due to one's work. I am talking about general places were people go to meet other people.

Hi,

"Western parents are different, however, it does not mean that Thai parents do not want the children to be happy, it is more complicated than that."

Sorry, but I disagree. If you had said "want their sons to be happy" I might have agreed, but forbidding a child (nay, a daughter, as I rather doubt this would happen with a son) to marry whom they love hardly qualifies as wanting your children to be happy in my book.

Sanuk!

I am a farang, but been living in SE ASia for many years. Maybe that's why I'm (barely) acceptable.

It was a real struggle to get her to go out with me even though our first meeting (which sort of turned into a date) went unbelievably well. Like something you see in the movies.

Even though she's very 'Thai', she does have some typically Western traits. Such as liking Western food and not liking spicy food. She's very punctual, and if she's late, she'll always call and let you know. Very time conscious.

But in most other ways, she's a very traditional Thai woman.

One thing that I found unusual and it took me a year to find this out: She has never called her boyfriends. She always has waited for them to call her. Interesting habit. I wonder if that's typical.

Western parents are different, however, it does not mean that Thai parents do not want the children to be happy, it is more complicated than that.

Jasmine,

From lots of stories I heard regarding my wife's friends, the way I see it is that Thai parents are WAY too involved in their kids' life.

Giving advice is one thing (much appreciated of course) but making decisions for them or threatening with the "no parents if".. is unacceptable for me, needless to say that that's not situation here. (perhaps because my parents-in-law are divorced).

Agree with KS that the "face" issue in this case is unhuman.

Jas,

Forgot to add...the "no parents if" is actually no joke as I initially thought.

My wife's friend (26) loves a divorced Thai man (35+) and married him against the will of her parents. All those threats resulted in an earlier leave than planned from parents' home and a legal marriage behind their back without a ceremony. She found her happiness and I deeply respect her decision to follow it instead of allowing her parents to get in her (their) way. Especially for a Thai girl. Many do get intimidated, unfortunately.

The wealthy parents have stopped financial support and contact with her since then. While she may not be the daughter her parents wanted her to be, she's the women she wants herself to be. She regrets the fact that her parents make a great effort to ruin her life, but she's very happy and that's the only thing that matters after all.

Truth be told MOST Thais do not like foreigners (especially thos in their 20s). The term "farang" is not a very nice word and you HEAR it all the time. This situation is not getting better, it is getting worse. I find that whenever my gal and I go to Siam Sq and eat Thais stare daggers at us...and it is mainly by the early 20 somethings that do not remember the "crash" and have achieved political conciousness under TRT. "Regular" clubs that I used to feel welcome in (on Thong Lo and such) now present an almost hostile face. In fact, I was out with a friend and his white skinned Thai-Chinese gal at a nice restaurant and one Thai guy looked at her and said, "Why?" Amazing!

Therefore I think it is quite logical that you see very few "hi-so" Thai stunners with farang.

GS

You mentioned that her family is very poor. So she might be a stunner, but does not come from the hi-so.

It does interest me how a TG from a very poor background has become very successful and financially independent in her own right. It'as not that this doesn't happen at all, but it is quite rare, unless there was some outside sponsorship for her to reach her goals. Perhaps her beauty was an asset to this.

Perhaps you share some info on this.

Funny thing with very successful and very well educated Thai women is that many of them remain single. Perhaps they have no time for serious relationships, but on the other hand Thai men generally do not want wifes that have a higher education or a better off financially then themselves. A Thai woman with a PhD will have a hard time finding a suitable Thai husband, but many will have BF's for play, in many cases younger than they are.

Tokbet says-

In addition, there are some very rich Thai guys chasing after her and giving her a hard time about me. One of them, her most recent ex (of 4 years) proposes marriage to her almost every day and has presented her with a huge diamond engagement ring, which she rejected because of me. But it does tear her apart in some ways, because by her traditional Thai standards, it would be a 'good' marriage.

She has many 'issues' about dating a farang. For example, she says she honestly hates all farang, as do her friends. (I think it's because she never really knew any of them.) She says it pains her to see a farang guy and a Thai girl together.

She sounds like a pain in the ass / 100,00 baht a month maintenance?

Why is she even talking to the Thai guy?

She hates all Farang She sounds extremely insular and typcial of the worst of Thais.

IMHO you are headed for a troubled heart For your sake I hope it is ok but...

Archived