educated farang, uneducated poor TG

pattaya127

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>"I doubt there are a lot who would have gone for a farang girl of the same background. " That is the key here. It amazes me that people will marry someone here that they would not give the time of day to in their home country because they are too different. I just do not get it. Just a receipe for diaster IMHO.<<<

Aren't you over estimating the educational or intelligent level of those that marry an uneducated TG?

Many TG's, especially in the nitelife scene maybe uneducated, but many are intelligent. The difference between them and the uneducated farang they meet is that the farang had the opportunity to obtain higher education but didn't get it, usually because of lack of interest or intelligence. The TG's lack of education is most probalbly because of lack of opprtunity earlier in life.

One could actually wonder why so may TG's opt to marry uneducated farang with low paying jobs back home. Why do they keep thinking that they have hit a goldmine, whereas the truth is quite the opposite.

I was in a cross cultural marriage for eleven years with a women who had an extremely high level of education ...Phd from an Aussie university but still i found we had a lot of communication problems and sometimes we just didn't connect as a result. There were things that ballooned out of control as a result of misunderstandings both of a cultural nature and a verbal nature.

The thing is that you need to be aware that if you get into a relationship with someone from a very different cultural background and i would include Thailand in this category you will probably have to work very hard at it to make it a success.

For me these days i like to have fun with the Thai women but am definitely not interested in a committed relationship as i have neither the patience nor the inclination to go down that path.

As for the notion of love i would contend that it is just as easy to love a women from your own culture as one from another culture. Love after all in my opinion is what develops over a period of time in a relationships through shared experiences good times , bad times etc.

If you are talking about lust and physical attraction well it is hard to beat some of those Thai beauties in that reagard.

I was in a cross cultural marriage for eleven years with a women who had an extremely high level of education ...Phd from an Aussie university but still i found we had a lot of communication problems and sometimes we just didn't connect as a result.

I think you may have had different needs and/or interests (apart from the cultural stuff) but certainly not communication problems (conversations at a basic level) as you wrote in previous posts.

As for the notion of love i would contend that it is just as easy to love a women from your own culture as one from another culture. Love after all in my opinion is what develops over a period of time in a relationships through shared experiences good times , bad times etc.

I agree with you that love is what develops over a period of time, but not sure it's for me personally just as easy to love a Thai woman or a Western woman.

Can't really figure out how to explain the latter. Maybe due to my experiences in the west, but personalities/behavior/attitudes/etc differ and I'd opt for the Thai woman. Doesn't seem to colide that much with my own.

Suadum "I doubt there are a lot who would have gone for a farang girl of the same background. " That is the key here. It amazes me that people will marry someone here that they would not give the time of day to in their home country because they are too different. I just do not get it. Just a receipe for diaster IMHO.<<<

Same opinion here

Orandenodes

" Aren't you over estimating the educational or intelligent level of those that marry an uneducated TG?"

It's usually easy, especially when U pass by thai farang couple in french or german streets, to notice the social position of the western guy. They often look as unsophisticated as their GF.Yet I seem to read on this forum abt people with good professionnal situation who settle with TBGs,

" Many TG's, especially in the nitelife scene maybe uneducated, but many are intelligent. The difference between them and the uneducated farang they meet is that the farang had the opportunity to obtain higher education but didn't get it, usually because of lack of interest or intelligence. The TG's lack of education is most probalbly because of lack of opprtunity earlier in life. "

some sweet remarks up there

"One could actually wonder why so may TG's opt to marry uneducated farang with low paying jobs back home. Why do they keep thinking that they have hit a goldmine, whereas the truth is quite the opposite."

Once they get the visa they can look for bigger fish, so it's still a useful move I guess

orandanodes said:

One could actually wonder why so may TG's opt to marry uneducated farang with low paying jobs back home. Why do they keep thinking that they have hit a goldmine, whereas the truth is quite the opposite.

I asked that too. Farangs spending money in holidaying mode is all they see, they may think it's like that every day back home.

I believe they don't understand that farangs can be poor and uneducated too and on a low pay.

The answer was something like "it will always be possible to send 5-10k back home".

Also, if a farang was able to fund his (repeated) trips to LOS, he's hardly so poor that can't afford 10-15K US$ for her house over coming 5-6 years.

Lack of education does not bother them - tbgs have no idea what education is. Said in a funny way, they take doctors and other professionals as people born that way.

Lastly, what choices does she have at home anyway?

Guest lazyphil

<<One could actually wonder why so may TG's opt to marry uneducated farang with low paying jobs back home. Why do they keep thinking that they have hit a goldmine, whereas the truth is quite the opposite>>

Bgs are obviously not as calculating as money grubbing hisos ::

lazyphil said:

Bgs are obviously not as calculating as money grubbing hisos ::

I believe they are - but anyone who can afford to go to Thai 1-5 times a year would be able to provide for what they need.

Really need, no speed boats or mansions or tons of gold.

That makes them look modest when compared to "HiSo" people. Really, are they not?

Guest lazyphil

<<Lack of education does not bother them - tbgs have no idea what education is>>

You are very wrong imo, I think tgs are very aware of the need for education (to assume good work, my brother in law has a pretty good job in bkk) When I explained I could have gone on at school, free, till I was way beyond the age I did she is confused, yep, at a young age its easy to make irrational choices that can affect ones life, i.e. leaving education early, that said, cant grumble with my lot.

Archived