Lost my sympathy for Bigley

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh BB, I thought you wanted to address in the PM you sent me? But I would rather address it here.

Why is it that you feel compelled to tell Mailuk that his post doesn't belong on the board when there are other posts earlier in the thread that are equally as inflamatory in a political context?

Since you are a mod, it would help your cred if you ogt the fork out of your tounge, so to speak. Oh, but I forgot, I guess the other members didn't see the PM's you sent me.

That's what the fuck my problem is buddy.

Oh BB, I thought you wanted to address in the PM you sent me? But I would rather address it here.

Up to you :dunno:

Why is it that you feel compelled to tell Mailuk that his post doesn't belong on the board when there are other posts earlier in the thread that are equally as inflamatory in a political context?

you're misquoting me does not help you. I said the discussion (on Bush) does not belong to the board because we have a non-politics rule here, hence my reference to the bear-pit where you can have your fun with politics.

And I dont read all posts are they appear on the board, some I read, some I miss....

Since you are a mod, it would help your cred if you ogt the fork out of your tounge, so to speak
I'd love to reply, only if you could write in full words.....

Oh, but I forgot, I guess the other members didn't see the PM's you sent me.
Thats because they are Private Mails, you silly :p

BB

Hi!

There is a shortage of civil engineers here and yet he has spent many years working abroad, assumedly because he doesn't want to or like living in the UK and prefers elsewhere.

When I worked at an Ericsson R&D plant here in Stockholm there used to be an awful lot British computer and electronics engineers working here. Maybe the UK doesn't pay their engineers well enough and Swdish engineers arent exactly overpaid mind you

regards

ALHOLK

So why is it that Bigley is quite happy to accept the large financial rewards of going there, tax free, ie not share any of it with the country he used to live in, and yet when the plan backfires he expects that country to help him out.

He took a 100 to 1 gamble, with a 99% chance of walking away with a fat tax-free paycheck, and a 1% chance of losing his life. Those that are quite happy to win gambles must accept that they may lose, and shouldnt expect others to bail them out of trouble.

MaiLuk said:

>>that perversion of everything humanity strives for.<<

I hope you see that the very small minority of islamists who are slaughtering the iraqis by the hundreds have an agenda. Its not only to eject the coalition. What they have in mind will leave the iraqis in far worse circumstances than under saddam. The perversion that is going on is driven by their perverted ambitions.

You can point at GWB and say he started this mess without any justifiable reason (debated to the nth degree worldwide), but the here and now problem is not caused by bush.

well, and i hope you don't see that single causality as two completely separate issues.

no invasion - no anarchy in irak - no hostage takings, and bombs.

there is a here and now, and there is a chain of action and reaction which led to the here and now.

Mai luk said

"I hope you see that the very small minority of islamists who are slaughtering the iraqis by the hundreds have an agenda. Its not only to eject the coalition. What they have in mind will leave the iraqis in far worse circumstances than under saddam. The perversion that is going on is driven by their perverted ambitions."

Yes and that is exactly the reason why the US should not have gone into Iraq in the first place.

Yes Saddamm was bad but the fact remains the power vacuum left in his wake and the lack of a coherent policy on how to restore Iraq have put the country and the region into the sort of chaos that these Islamic fundamentalist thrive on.

Bush played into Bin Laden's hand perfectly.

The US have now got themselves into a real mess over Iraq and how they can extricate themselves from this mess is anybodys guess.

Mai luk said

"I hope you see that the very small minority of islamists who are slaughtering the iraqis by the hundreds have an agenda. Its not only to eject the coalition. What they have in mind will leave the iraqis in far worse circumstances than under saddam. The perversion that is going on is driven by their perverted ambitions."

Yes and that is exactly the reason why the US should not have gone into Iraq in the first place.

Yes Saddamm was bad but the fact remains the power vacuum left in his wake and the lack of a coherent policy on how to restore Iraq have put the country and the region into the sort of chaos that these Islamic fundamentalist thrive on.

Bush played into Bin Laden's hand perfectly.

The US have now got themselves into a real mess over Iraq and how they can extricate themselves from this mess is anybodys guess.

If only the US had done a little history lesson they would have learnt that the Brits left Iraq in the 20's with their tales between their legs and it seems that the US will suffer the same fate.

Then again they didn't listen to the French in Vietnam who warned them not to get involved.

History repeats itself yet again.

Archived