Hmong man opens fire in USA, 6 dead

MaiLuk

If someone took a shot at him I can see how he might have snapped.

I hate to say it but many anglo hunters behave in an abrasive neanderthal manner. I doesn't excuse the ensuing massacre, but it does explain how it might have happened.

I've seen numerous hunters from the "lower 48" in Alaska for their dream hunting trip in AK. I've seen first hand some of the belligerent bigoted behavior towards the natives.

Vang should have taken up bow hunting that way he could've been hunting when most of these morons aren't in the woods. Now he will be spending his life in prison.

I lived in wisconsin for a year and gun hunting season is pretty insane. Opening day sounds like a fire fight.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

I wouldn't go hunting in SEA woods if I knew drunk bigoted locals hunt whilst drunk and full of bloodlust. He should have used common sense, now he'll pay for it in a cell full of some very scary cons with tattoo's ::

gf's comment to Vangs story would be "sanuk, sanuk!" And I must admit I couldn't suppress a smile.

Here you got a bunch of gun-crazed Americans beaten on their own territory by their own means by a third-world Asian. It's a real action story like Hollywood force-feeds us daily - it's just the wrong guy who wins. There is a certain irony in it.

But it really is a sad story (and of course Vang doesn't win). And as some poster has pointed out already, gun control would have done nothing to prevent it . They would just have used knives and clubs... (cave: this is meant ironic)

:banghead:

Hi!

Statistics tell me that murder/manslaughter with firearms is more common in the US than in Sweden. My point was that stricter gun laws may be an element in the whole. If someone loses their temper and has to open a safe and load the gun before he can fire he might have time to cool down as opposed to someone who is carrying a loaded gun.

Do you remember the American that shot an unarmed Japanese student who wanted to ask for directions to a halloween party. He was aquitted, in Sweden he would have done serious jail time.

regards

ALHOLK

Guest lazyphil

Remember all you old wise and rightous Euros, Minnesota, Wisconsin have many, many Swedish settlers of only 80-100 years ago, American by law but Swedish blood pumping through their hearts :D

HI Guys

I had to post on this because of my experience with this. I agree bushpilot has got it dead right about opening weekend of deer hunting. I think every red neck hick with a gun is in the woods. I also add that most are pissed up. It gets crazy I hate even driving in the country for fear some asshole will shoot my car. I also live in a town with a high Hmong population. I have two families that live right across street from me. I feel they are some of most peacefull people around. I know what this guy did was fucked up and there is no excuse for it but he is only one person. I think it is like any group of people there is always a few rotton apples. I think to label Hmong people is bad is not fair. I will take a Hmong over a Muslim anyday. I would also guess from other post a saw was theses hunters did not ask this guy to leave nicely. I would not doubt if they took a shot first to scare him. I see they owned 400 acres of land so they most likely were rich and assholes. The moral of the story is treat people decent.Someone I know told me once don't fuck with someone unless you know who you are fucking with. If these guys would have had someone tell them that this whole thing could have ended very different.

iuytrede said:

gf's comment to Vangs story would be "sanuk, sanuk!" And I must admit I couldn't suppress a smile.

Here you got a bunch of gun-crazed Americans beaten on their own territory by their own means by a third-world Asian. It's a real action story like Hollywood force-feeds us daily - it's just the wrong guy who wins. There is a certain irony in it.

But it really is a sad story (and of course Vang doesn't win). :banghead:

Yeah, I am sure you could not suppress a smile... What the fuck are you on? A bunch of gun crazed Americans beaten at their own game? What game is that? Massacring people? The group had one (1) rifle. Does that make them gun crazed?

Great posting, Iuytrede. Guess you are proud of it.

Paillote

[Removed pointless comment - KS]

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

Statistics tell me that murder/manslaughter with firearms is more common in the US than in Sweden.

He was aquitted, in Sweden he would have done serious jail time.

ALHOLK

Is it in your capacity to write a message not including a reference to Sweden? And when it comes to doing serious jail time, please leave Sweden out of it. If I ever were to commit a crime I surely would do it there. Has it ever happened that anyone spent more than 10 years inside there?

Remember a case some years ago where 3 Pakistanis knifed a Norwegian to death in Sweden. Since it could not be established which of the 3 stabbed, noone spent a day in jail. Or what about the guy who arsened a disco where more than 50 teenagers burned to death? Got eight years and will likely be paroled after four. Or the nazi youngster that killed a 15 year old etc. Great legal system...

Paillote

Archived