Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"i, for example, do very much miss the posts of orandanodes, the maybe most knowledgable poster, maybe not on the barscene, but definately on things thai we have had."

And you are certain he left because there was too much talk about the barscene? Sorry, Fly, but unless Oran posts that himself I refuse to believe it.

Sanuk!

There is only so much you can write or say about the P4P scene and most of it has come up over the years and so the topics are not that interesting to many members who have already 'been there and done that'.

Further many memebers do not partake in the scene so have nothing to add on current developments or updates or what is going on in such and such gogo bar or beer bar.

Moral dilemmas and political topics seem more popular and offer more scope for discussion so many board members are more interested in getting involved in these areas. I don't see anything wrong with that as long as there are still posters posting about the nightlife as well.

As for whoremongers being flamed I haven't really noticed it and wouldn't really worry about it if i did. This is a cyber forum and differences in opinion happen and some guys get personal but that is life and some confrontation will always occur when two people have very strong views on certain subjects.

>>>How about a board where another person's opinion is accepted and not ridiculed, attacked or looked down upon?<<<

that would be nice. a board where differing opinions can be discussed in a civil manner.

but don't just single out the "non-sanuk fraction" - some of the "sanukers" are very fast to call anyone who does not share their opinion "fucking hypocrits" and "PC wankers". and start off that way the nasty tone. as well as some of the moddies who seem to be very easy in the use of the F word nowadays. ;)

Old Hippie I used to be like you, now I just nail almost anything...

Anti Pro sentiment. Puhlease... You have been there done that and now thou arteth holy huh? I find that funny. I think that this board does however have very intelligent posters and sooner or later they feel that they have been through that phase of whoring around and now want to settle down. I can understand that but different strokes for different folks. I think that I may grow out of it myself (as if...), but if I do I will not bash others who wish to continue.

Oneye

Here's a recent example in the nighlife forum from artview

OK, Bibblies, if you want to interpret my post as 'anti-scene', then go ahead. As I attempted to explain, possibly a few posts after you gave up in disgust, I initially posted in an attempt to provide many of the disgruntled with another option. It just seems absurd that some board members return to Thailand year after year, spend copious amounts of money, then post complaints about the way things just 'arent the same'.

I stand by my original argument that seeing other parts of Asia (and South America), whether they be 'better' or 'worse', would provide some perspective for many of us, and it may well rekindle some of the original desire for the LOS, warts and all.

If I come across a judgemental and anti-Sanuk, then I apologise - that wasnt my intention. The last time I checked, nightlife was on offer in locations beyond Thailand's borders.

>>>And you are certain he left because there was too much talk about the barscene? Sorry, Fly, but unless Oran posts that himself I refuse to believe it.<<<

don't wanna assume anything here now about others, at this point.

but, IMHO, the most harm to the board is the consistent self analyses, and the arguing over what the board should be, or what not.

there are certain more or less clear rules of conduct, certain understandable forbidden topics, but any further attempt to dictate topic matter in a media whose base is the freedom of expression is counterproductive.

i think that just going with the flow, and the least possible interference only if absolutely necessary, will sort things out in the end.

Hi,

"don't wanna assume anything here now about others, at this point."

Then why bring him up in the first place?

"i think that just going with the flow, and the least possible interference only if absolutely necessary, will sort things out in the end."

Sorry, but that hasn't really worked well. Mainly because certain people put much more of a stamp on the board than others, which skews the 'natural' process. I do not want the vocal minority to dictate the course this board should take / is taking.

Sanuk!

Archived