Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

Yeah, but KS hasn't come out and said " but the cost to the girls, and thus to society, is something that one cannot ignore, esepcially if you live here." and removed his nightlife section.

His opening statement is that he still welcomes those newbies who are going through what we all went through years gago.

The saddest fact I see is that maybe there is a increase in newbies coming to Thailand, but we are missing out on the fun of laughing (quietly, so they tell more) tales of their mistakes etc, the same ones we all made.

I see the stats that KS posted very worrying, and sad, that these guys may be intimidated NOT to post, where as I'd much rather read their posts, that anything by Jimmie Blonde, KS, Stick or Fly for that matter.

The joy of watching a newbie fall over is slapstick at time's, but I still love Lauel and Hardy, the 3 stooges etc.

Thailand is the closest you get to that in real life.

DOG - laughs at himself for all the mistakes he made, and enjoyed!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"The same reason you do!"

With one big difference, I have never spoken out against the P4P scene. Nor do I feel that it is as bad as you seem to do.

If I did, I would not accept the advertising money.

(Did not mean to anger you, looking at your reply, I might have. If so, I apologize; was just curious as I am sure many others were as well.)

"I see this board moving in a similar direction."

In a way I think it has, or maybe always has been, but lately I think the shift is too heavy. It seems that some would like the nightlife, which as you mentioned has never been that explicit on this board (nor would I want it to be), to be removed completely from this board, and I think that is going too far. It is an integral part of the board, and of expat life (well, for many anyway ;) ) in Thailand. I think the board would just not be the same without it.

Sanuk!

>>sudden they post out of nowhere stating that, that's the reason why they stopped posting to begin with.<<

Not so...if you took the trouble to check you would see that I posted this morning shortly before KS started this thread...more like serendipity...

The fact is I have stopped posting (today excepted) because as KS kicks off; "it is no fun.....(see his original post).....but you are quite right that this board is not for me as it is presently constituted....just a tiny part of the reason why posts are down I suppose but appropriate to this thread dont you think?

:)

What a great post!, Uniformguy. :up:

Very well spoken. I very much agree with all you've said.

Anti-p4p? What is that? Guys moving beyond the 'candy-store' experience, and sharing what they have moved onto? That is simply sharing an evolution of experiences. Who here, is in the same mental stature, of their very first experience there?

I will often promote the ideal of it not being a wise idea to get emmosionally involved with a prostitute, for all the obvious reasons. But that does not make me anti-p4p. And this is where many get lost. While I choose this course of action for myself, I've never advocated it for everyone else. And in fact, I LOVE P4P. The minute I'm out of my relationship, I'll be right back into the saddle, and loving it, if that were to happen. For me, fucking around on my gf does not work for me. But just for me. And what works for me alone. It's a legitamate ideal, and should have no problem being discussed here.

And that is where things have gone wrong here, to a certain degree. I've tried expressing my personal views here, and what works for me as a person, and have gotten slammed big time. Largley because, my presonal views are usually taken to an extreme value, and exstended to encompass every other relationship, known to mankind. ::

But beyond that, I see the larger problem being a lack of acceptance, and an attitude of bitterness. And this can be found so clear, within this very thread. My God...we were not even into the first page here, and a usual poster started ripping apart someone's opinions, and started calling him basiclly worthless, in what he was trying to express.

That is unacceptable, IMO. And what has left me from not posting here myself, of my recent experiences. I used to come here to share....but not to debate.

I used to think my experiences might be of interest to those reading here. And they used to be. But any more, it's such a battle to try to explain my most innoculous of actions there, that it is just not worth it, anymore. And that is fucking really sad. And needs to be closely look at. And is what KS is trying to do.

Go back and read this thread from the beginning/page one. Would you feel welcomed here, as a newbie? I disagree with the notion that this boards persona is out of our control, and am also sick of the notion that 'vigurous debate' can be used as an excuse for treating other posters badly. Conduct and attitude have to be relegated here, or no one will want to post.

Oran has left here? If that is the case, then I'm really pissed. :onfire: This guy is a treasure in 'language', and a most reasonable poster everywhere else. IMO, we cannot afford to lose quality people like this.

HT

And Anti-scene sentiment on OH's part????

The poor guy is simply sharing what he is going through. Anti-setiment??? He is only sharing his experiences with us. Let's support him, and understand what he is going through. Of course, if you get burnt, you will feel bitter, which is not even his case.

Not yet, anyway. I for one, am rooting for you! :D

HT

rompandadam said:The fact is I have stopped posting (today excepted) because as KS kicks off; "it is no fun.....(see his original post).....but you are quite right that this board is not for me as it is presently constituted....just a tiny part of the reason why posts are down I suppose but appropriate to this thread dont you think?
And I thought I was the only one who thought that the board has gradually gotten insipid over the past few months. Sorry, KS, no real "jump the shark" moment nor any suggestions for improving the board. But I'll still lurk and post on occasion!

Cheers,

SD

I was absent from this board for quite a while because I thought the posts were going round in circles, plus I didn't have access to the internet as much.

Isn't some of the reason the nightlife posts are down because of the clampdown on the bar scene?

You can barely see a bloody nipple in a go go bar these days. The bars get more boring so people have less to say about them.

KS, the answer may lie in your keyboard, you have the power. Why not restrict the access/Posting permissions to the nightlife section of the anti whoremongers (we know who you are) If they can't read it they can't get indignant and if they can't reply to it they won't drive the sanukers away. ::

Archived