Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

"...You have been there done that and now thou arteth holy huh? I find that funny...."

I never said I was better/more holy, take a bit of offense to you implying such. I have nothing against those who enjoy the night life full on, as I have done and occassionally still do. But for me, I have found other interests in Thailand, doesn't make me better.

I do agree with the comment, different strokes for different folks, but I do get a bit pissed at guys trashing bargirls for sport, and ripping them off, as I and most never did that. There in lies some of my attitudes of anti night lifeers I suppose...but as you say to each their own...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Then why bring him up in the first place?<<<

my mistake. i just miss his posts.

>>>I do not want the vocal minority to dictate the course this board should take / is taking.<<<

can it? i don't think so. people can make up their own minds.

i guess you could put me in the very vocal "anti sanuk" corner ;), but i hardly have the infuence to dictate anything whatsoever. and with tousands of threads it would be even for me an impossible thing to silence the "sanuk" fraction ;).

i believe that many here, who try to steer somehow the course of the board are more influenced by animosities against individuals, and just some perceived attempts to change the board. no one individual can change the direction of such a board. i fear that even you as the owner have only very limited power to do so. that is the nature of the beast.

KS

The board is great , but politics ( locally ) seems to have taken over what none of us can have a say in , have to ride the wave , good , bad , or in different.

Have not been to BKK since nov.03 , this year making my 8th trip to Costa Rica on Dec.29th.... :grinyes: Lot's of negative info IMO to fly 37 hrs RT and 15 times zones.... my spanish is getting alot better too.... :beer:

Feliz navidad y Feliz Ano Nuevo

( Merry Christmas and happy new year )

BadainlatinheavenBing ::

Hi,

"but i hardly have the infuence to dictate anything whatsoever"

Sorry, Fly, but you can and do. Constant debating and analyzing bores the hell out of people, and they would rather just not post than run the risk of getting their posts scrutinized over something trivial. Or butt out of a discussion once it turns into a heavy debate and stops being fun.

Not saying that this applies specifically or especially to you, but stuff like that does influence the board and the direction it takes.

Sanuk!

Since I seem to be a part of the "non-Sanuk" faction (its true - I'm completely against you bastards having *any* fun !), this is a list of 'differences of opinion' I've had with some of the hardcore nightlife crowd :

1. the free love brigade : if you flatly refuse to wear a condom, you clearly have a death wish (yours and everyone else).

2. The seriously cheap Charlies : I'm told that planes leave for Cambodia from most continents : why go to Thailand ?. I could push KS' server figures through the roof with a single 'BBBJ for $US5 !' thread, but is that really going to be a particularly interesting thread ?

3. The woman haters : I'm sure you have your reasons, I just prefer to save words like 'whore' for the tax department.

Other than that, I love everyone here ::

My interests and view has changed since my first trips to LOS in the 80s.

But this is normal i think, i don't have any problems with the comments on this board. Just the repeat posts about same themes makes me a bit boring, but this is also normal, because i'm registered since 2001.

yeah, and recently i have butted out of a debate as well. that doesn't mean that i have to be down on the whole board and can't be in some other threads which are more fun.

every single poster does influence the board, that's the beauty of it. obviously more active posters have more influence. but does that mean that they actively try to change the direction of the board? i don't think that any such attempt would be fruitful.

now, if everybody is so bored with me and butts out of the threads i am involved, well, then i would hardly find anyone conversing with me anymore, and would quickly be a thing of the past. contrary to popular opinion - i don't enjoy talking to myself. please note that. ;)

so, what do you want to do? introduce a certain limit on the number of posts one makes? because that is the only way how you can keep some individual poster's presence from influencing the board more than somebody else who posts less.

or write some sort of crap filter program, that filters out the too serious posts? ;)

Fly,

Whilst I may agree with some of KS' sentiment, I have to hand it to you - you've definitely mellowed. And your posts have grown shorter : by a factor of about ten.

Keep up the good work (as long you arent having any *fun*, particularly of a sexual nature, as you know I am very much against that).

Cheers,

Father Artie

I agree entirely with Mentors .......I have been lucky enough to have been able to spend a lot of time here over the past three years and if u do that your whole view of the 'scene' will change. That is a process of evolution and cannot really be changed. I have met a lot of people that post on this board and that still do even though they spend a lot of time here.

My first posts were very nieve and now I post from a completely different perspective. Many of the guys who post here have also moved on. At the Cat House party last Sat. there was a lot of discussion of the various boards we all post on. There are now at least four started by previuos posters on this board, that is bound to weaken and dilute the number of posts here. These new boards were started because the new mods felt that Nanaplaza was too PC, or too righteous, or not going the way they wanted......so be it that is evolution too.

In the past week I have been criticised for paying 3000 to a girl, for cheating on my girlfriend and I have posted on the changing attitudes in bars in NEP. However I accept the criticism and it won't stop me posting the way that I see the scene changing. It isn't anti scene it is a personal view of the changing scene from my changed perspective.......

Many of the guys on this board have been around for a long time and even know each other as they have met up regularly. I have some great friends now that I have met from this board, BUT we have all moved on from our first posts, both WE and the scene have changed.

Cannot say that I have noticed an anti scene bias as such, and I still partake but on a vastly reduced scale. I think that the board needs some new members as it might just be that we all know each other too well now, and get bored with posts like: What are the closing times in Patpong? and Where are the best girls? and How much is a ST now? These are newbie type posts and keep the board alive.

The board needs a constant supply of new posters to keep it alive and fresh. How many newbies have joined in the past year is there a big drop on last year and if so maybe we need to find out why?

In the meantime Happy Christmas to all.

uniformguy

Archived