Anti-scene sentiment

khunsanuk

jjsushi said:
rompandadam said:

I am a board member who has (virtually) stopped posting because of perceived "anti-sceneness" here...(actually to be fair it was a whisker more complicated and got wrapped up in another issue which is well apart from the subject of this thread....however substantially I stopped because of the sentiment KS has identified....)

I thought u stopped because no one including yourself knew what the hell u were talking about with that ambuguous writing style of yours.

And I thought you stopped because you couldn't spell. :dunno: ::

Here's a recent example in the nighlife forum from artview. (I've got nothing against the lad but, as I said in my patented good-natured way:angel:, I don't barge into the Arts & Culture forum to shout "What are you nerds doing here? Get out and parttttty!"::)

http://board.nanaplaza.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB16&Number=371597

I suggest that people not interested in a certain topic don't post in a forum dedicated to it!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:
jjsushi said:
rompandadam said:

I am a board member who has (virtually) stopped posting because of perceived "anti-sceneness" here...(actually to be fair it was a whisker more complicated and got wrapped up in another issue which is well apart from the subject of this thread....however substantially I stopped because of the sentiment KS has identified....)

I thought u stopped because no one including yourself knew what the hell u were talking about with that ambuguous writing style of yours.

And I thought you stopped because you couldn't spell. :dunno: ::

Here's a recent example in the nighlife forum from artview. (I've got nothing against the lad but, as I said in my patented good-natured way:angel:, I don't barge into the Arts & Culture forum to shout "What are you nerds doing here? Get out and parttttty!"::)

http://board.nanaplaza.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB16&Number=371597

I suggest that people not interested in a certain topic don't post in a forum dedicated to it!

Let me emphasize the misspelling "am-BUG-uous" get it?

flyonzewall said:i am in two minds about it, call it hypocritical, i don't care, but that's how i feel.

what do you want? a board that just comrises of whoremongers where any criticism of the scene is not tolerated, such as in many other thailand related boards, or a board where a multitude of opinions are expressed?

First, I wouldn't call resolving an inner conflict in forming a judgement necessarily "hypocritical". On the other hand, which is worse: hypocracy or intolerance? (In my mind, neither are particularly worthy traits.)

Second, I read Khun Sanuk's post as a belief that quite a number of former participant's have left the board for other pastures or quite posting and that he believes those who are "hypocritical" may be one of the reasons for that. From what I read, KS merely wanted to know why those who are "hypocritical" are so-disposed. It might also be asked why don't those who feel it necessary to berate the "sanuk faction" ignore sanuk messages?

Hugh (mak)

khunsanuk said:

Oh, and I think posts just as the one you just made (previous to the one I am responding to) are also a big part of the problem. Here's a guy who finally posts again and what is the first thing that happens? Someone bitches about it and him. Nice welcome :banghead:

Sanuk!

Yeah, I hear you but it sort of irritates me that a guy supposedly stops posting because he feels he is not appreciated or takes unwarranted criticism and then when someone like you brings up the issue all of a sudden they post out of nowhere stating that, that's the reason why they stopped posting to begin with. Where I come from we call that a punk ass move, sort of like a guy hiding behind a chick's skirts. My attitude is well take your sensitive butt and scurry along.

This board is like any other, some people are gong to like you and some ain't. Plenty of guys get slammed here but keep posting anyway because their skins are not so damn thin.

Guys snipe at me all the time but do I go and cry to you or the moderators or even stop posting because my feelings may be hurt? Do I PM and bitch and complain about certain posters or even posts? Nope, I keep on posting, reading and participating on the board. You either like the sushi or you don't but I like NP.com so I will continue to be an active member.

Bottom line is when u or a mod tells me to chill out, I chill yet I will still participate. None of this "I stopped posting because. . . ." crap.

>>>First, I wouldn't call resolving an inner conflict in forming a judgement necessarily "hypocritical". <<<

neither would i, but many here are very quick with applying that term.

>>>It might also be asked why don't those who feel it necessary to berate the "sanuk faction" ignore sanuk messages?<<<

it depends.

it does make for interesting debates/discussions when differing opinions are expressed.

most "sanuk" threads i do ignore, but when for example the sanuk fraction does make completely wrong statements on the whole of thai society based on the very limited exposure of only the barworld, i feel that i do have to step in and correct some of the wilder statements.

it is human nature to adapt reality to oneselve in order to justify one's actions.

Rop,

"And a return of the lads who used to share a few laughs."

Exactly! All a bit too serious, judgemental, biased and confrontational now-a-days. This board is basically a board on sanuk, be it p4p, straight scene, bar scene, gogo, disco, places to meet, eat, drink and have fun, tourist and expat alike. Let'stry to get back to the sanuk,and tell the miserable grumpy grouchy argumentative arseholes to chill out or take a fucking hike elsewhere. This board has an area of interest a forum, for just about every subject and, topic of interest, or obsession for all to enjoy the board. I am so tired of the hypocrites and reformed ex-whoremongering evangelists who seem to want to change the board into their own image of how to approach the sanuk scene in the LOS. To each their own I say. Obey the board rules and have fun. That's what this is all about. Bit tired of all the debates as well. The guys who have to challenge every fucking post and every part of every post. Lighten the fuck up dudes. It's a freaking discussion board, not a fucking debate society here. If it ain't fun,if every post by a new poster just gets attacked and torn apart it just ain't fun and why the hell would anyone want to read and post here. Personally I feel a few older posters have come to the conclusion that this is their board and they have some moral right to preach, debate, deride, chide and argue with everyone and everything they don't agree with. The board is free, everyone is an EQUAL member here. Stats and number of posts don't mean shit here. I've seen posters here with posts in the thousands, and maybe ten were decent, interesting and on topic and revelent and sanuk posts, all the rest is just garbage and numbers. Posting just for the sake of posting, or the sake of argument. I agree with KS, the anti-P4P brigade needs to get off their high horses and remember from whence they came to this board and what they have done themselves over the years. Let the newer guys enjoy themselves and tell their experiences and pass on the relevent info, anecdotes, stories and such for all to enjoy, or even ignore. New blood revitalizes the board, old blood tends to get stale, crotchety and boring. Lighten up guys. Sanuk!

Cent

Hi,

Flyonzewall:

"what do you want? a board that just comrises of whoremongers where any criticism of the scene is not tolerated, such as in many other thailand related boards, or a board where a multitude of opinions are expressed? "

How about a board where another person's opinion is accepted and not ridiculed, attacked or looked down upon?

Hugh_Hoy:

"Second, I read Khun Sanuk's post as a belief that quite a number of former participant's have left the board for other pastures or quite posting and that he believes those who are "hypocritical" may be one of the reasons for that. From what I read, KS merely wanted to know why those who are "hypocritical" are so-disposed. It might also be asked why don't those who feel it necessary to berate the "sanuk faction" ignore sanuk messages? "

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

JJsushi:

"This board is like any other, some people are gong to like you and some ain't. Plenty of guys get slammed here but keep posting anyway because their skins are not so damn thin."

The thing is that while your skin may be thick enough, that of others may not be, and it would be nice of people to respect that! This is supposed to be a place to come for some info, a bit of light banter and if so inclined the occassional heavy discussion. Most of all it is supposed to be fun, and that is most certainly lacking lately.

Sanuk!

KS,

I know for myself, my interests have changed a bit sice first comming to Thailand. Once a serious whoremonger, nailing anything and almost anything, I have now come to appreciate more of the other stuff Thailand offers. Still love a good time don't get me wrong! :) I think a lot of guys may be in the same boat. A lot of the "Anti-scene" comments seem to be more along the lines of "drink price/bar fine rippoffs" bad service etc...

Still there are one or 2 people here who claim they never induldged in P4P in LOS, which frankly, I don't believe, but what the hell...

Then again, there are some who do seem over the top at times, and a bit out of line (opinion call there) who don't seem to last long. Some of these guys do only seem to be interested in pure cheap sex, and that can provoke some peole if presented the wrong way, or with an arrogant attitude...but who really knows...?

>>>I am so tired of the hypocrites and reformed ex-whoremongering evangelists who seem to want to change the board into their own image of how to approach the sanuk scene in the LOS.<<<

well, that argument can be turned around: about the ones that appear to have a need to keep everything lighthearted and "sanuk" and that way try to arrest any sort of development. and that has put off many posters with a huge wealth of knowledge anybody could learn from. i, for example, do very much miss the posts of orandanodes, the maybe most knowledgable poster, maybe not on the barscene, but definately on things thai we have had.

>>>New blood revitalizes the board, old blood tends to get stale, crotchety and boring. Lighten up guys. Sanuk<<<

i agree that new posters are important, but i haven't seen much "newbie bashing" other than the obvious trolls, or the sad MM affair (a nasty sort of mobbing where the "sanuk fraction" took at least as much part as the "non-sanuk fraction").

i think you do exagerate a bit here.

My problem is there seems to be a often said rule that whoremongering is ok for single men, but if your married you can't do it, a number of people said as much yesterday. My tag line is there only because I try to ge a bit more of the original board back in here against the "Good People"

DOG - Cunt spell either

Archived