NPF Londoner Quiz 2005

Pom Michael

T'was a banner night for NPF II and we sent Long Gun off in style. A thorough trouncing of the competition, 127 to the second place of 116.5. We have no farking idea how that happened, but are just happy to be lucky as much as we were right.

Participants were LongGun, Goatscrot, Ultras67, Khun Kong, Poor Judge's replacement (he's gotta get a board name) and myself. Mrs Tiger was there giving moral support, but got bored and ended up getting trashed on 1/2 a margerita LOL!

We had a partial third team too, with FrogPartol, Dddave, Koh Chai and some guy just looking for a seat on a team. They did well given that, ending up in the middle of the pack, just behind NPF I, still missing their token Yank, ItsMeDave (howz dat fer comma usage 55555555).

Some questions:

-- When did the Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis comedy team break up?

-- How many Tour de Lance's, err, France's did Mr. Armstrong win?

-- When did Greece overthrow the military and install a prime Minister?

-- Who invented the telephone (anybody who got that wrong was told they were banished from any future quiz LOL!)?

-- What did Melville Bissell invent?

-- Who wrote Moby Dick?

-- What singer made a splash with his oddly heavy metal album "In a Metal Mood: No More Mr. Nice Guy"?

-- What animal has it's tongue mounted backwards (i.e., it is attached at the front)?

-- What is brimstone made of?

-- What is the name of the longest fresh water lake in the world?

-- What Chinese automaker just bought MG Rover?

-- What was Seward's Folly?

And a new twist was the addition of duets to the music portion, three questions worth three points instead of the usual two each.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to be that when a member is leaving, NPF2 come up trumps and send them away with a smile on their face.

Poor Judge went and we won, Long Gun is now gone and we won and who is next for the chop?

A worryingly consistant performance saw NPF2 win by 10 1/2 points I think it was in the end. Normally we get better as we drink more but this time we got off to a flyer and stayed there.

Farewell LG!

Hi,

-- Who invented the telephone (anybody who got that wrong was told they were banished from any future quiz LOL!)?

Elisha Gray and Alexander Graham Bell - even if Gray was 2 hours later than Bell with his patent caveat nobody knows who was the first to invent it, so the correct answer is both, or?

:)

elef

It's clobberin' time!

Well done, fellas. As I well knew, I was holding you back the whole time.

Long Gun will be missed. I miss him already (sniff). With luck he'll be back.

Let my replacement know that if he doesn't come up with a name I'll have to do it for him. That should take care of things.

Keep up the good work.

Filled with admiration, I remain,

A Poor Judge of Character

Hi,

as you may know I'm a keen collector of more or less worthless knowledge, so I give you something for training.

1) What is oenology?

2) OKH and OKW

- give full names

- name as many as possible commanders and chiefs of staffs

3) How many stars had Washington, Grant, Marshall, Bradley and Patton?

4) All titles of

Churchill (also which title did he first accepted and then declined)

Montgomery

Mountbatten

5) Explain the chaos theory

6) Was Hitler a vegetarian and teetotaller?

7) Explain Greshams Law

8) What was Carl von Linnés contribution to the centigrade system?

9) Who was Hugo Eckener and who was his more famous boss?

10) What was Lawrence of Arabias military rank, which name did he use after returning to England and which rank?

No internet search allowed.

ultras67 said:

A worryingly consistant performance saw NPF2 win by 10 1/2 points I think it was in the end. Normally we get better as we drink more but this time we got off to a flyer and stayed there.

Farewell LG!

I have to say we were fucking awesome that night and it was great to 'do the double' at me final two quizzes. I got some decent team photos at the Londoner so if Newboy, KK or Ultra want a copy, PM me an e-mail address or something. The Tiger and the Goat both have theirs already plus one for the Frog and a couple for NPF1.

Back in the UK now and feeling very sorry for myself. That feeling will surely intensify next Tuesday lunchtime. Wondering about booking a flight for the Xmas Dinner when we win the league!

Quiz time again boyz and grilz. Tomorrow night, 8PM, Londoner. And NPF2 will have a special guest...it seems that his going away party was so much fun that he is back for another one! We will try not to go to sleep, but nothing can be promised!

Be there or be square!

Cheers,

SD

Archived