Disturbing Phnom Pehn "Slave" Brothel Report-

jitagawn

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a problem with brothels in Thailand. I feel if they make a few changes, the world would not be breathing down their back. Maybe I am wrong for the way I feel but that is the way I feel. Here are some of my issues:

1. Brothel prostitutes are not allowed to have boy friends (I look at this as a human rights violation)

2. Brothel prostitutes have to have sex with whoever picks them. [color:"red"] They can not refuse a customer [/color] - if they refuse they are fired.

3. If a brothel prostitute feels the client is sexually unclean, they still have to perform oral sex on the person without the person wearing a condom.

4. [color:"red"] Brothel prostitutes have to service customers even when they are having their periods. [/color] Clients are never told which girls are having their periods.

Things that go on in Cambodia are censored but some of the above things which go on in Thailand are not censored. Those that question such brothels are quickly silenced. Because such practices continue to go on, any many turn their back to the problem, it leaves the door wide open for people on the outside to look in and wonder how 'bad' Thailand is in this area.

These nasty things could easily be resolved, but they aren't. Any opinions? . . . . . :shhh:

MightyMouse said:

I have a problem with brothels in Thailand. I feel if they make a few changes, the world would not be breathing down their back. Maybe I am wrong for the way I feel but that is the way I feel. Here are some of my issues:

1. Brothel prostitutes are not allowed to have boy friends (I look at this as a human rights violation)

2. Brothel prostitutes have to have sex with whoever picks them. [color:"red"] They can not refuse a customer [/color] - if they refuse they are fired.

3. If a brothel prostitute feels the client is sexually unclean, they still have to perform oral sex on the person without the person wearing a condom.

4. [color:"red"] Brothel prostitutes have to service customers even when they are having their periods. [/color] Clients are never told which girls are having their periods.

Things that go on in Cambodia are censored but some of the above things which go on in Thailand are not censored. Those that question such brothels are quickly silenced. Because such practices continue to go on, any many turn their back to the problem, it leaves the door wide open for people on the outside to look in and wonder how 'bad' Thailand is in this area.

These nasty things could easily be resolved, but they aren't. Any opinions? . . . . . :shhh:

I started to respond to that then I couldn't quite figure out what you mean by 'brothel'. Are you talking about BJ bars, fishbowls, go-go, full service massage, ban phoo-ying (includes ban-sao) or the kind of places where falang aren't welcome??

Which brothels are you talking about?? Many MPs are doing covered BJs, which is a good enough reason for me to stop patronising them. Besides if the only risk for the girl when she refuses to perform is getting fired, what's wrong with it?? A brothel owner should run his business the way he pleases and if the girl's not happy bye bye! And this should apply to other businesses as well.

randomshots wrote

[color:"red"] "A brothel owner should run his business the way he pleases and if the girl's not happy bye bye!"[/color]

This is one of the issues that some people have with brothel businesses in Thailand. If your boss told you to do something you believed would endanger your life would you get fired for it if you did not do it? [color:"blue"] Of course not![/color] Why should it be any different in Thailand?

Legitimate brothels in the US are not run this way. If they were, they would be brought up on human right violations. If a woman does not want to have sex with a customer because of health reasons, the threat of being fired CAN not be held over her. If she is FIRED, are the brothel owners much different then the brothel owners in Cambodia? Think about it.

Chuckwoww wrote

[color:"red"] "Still confused. What have brothels in the US got to do with P4P in Cambodia?"[/color]

Reread what I wrote.

Some people have problems with brothels in Thailand.

A lot of people outside of Thailand have problems with how brothels are run in Thailand.

In the US, the few brothels there are, virtually nobody has issues with them. The main reason is they have eliminated the issues that deal with human right violations.

To put it in terms you might understand, if you were told by an employer to get down on your knees and perform oral sex on a customer who looks like he has the clap, would you do it? And if you had an employer that would fire you if you refused to do what he said, would you consider that fair? This is a basic human rights issue.

The problems in Cambodia are basic human right issues.

Some of the problems in Thailand are basic human right issues.

I hope I answered your question.

Archived