Free Bronze Membership added

khunsanuk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, sounds like a good idea everyone keyed up now, but all seems a bit wishy washy as far as whether anyone gets 'upgraded' or not.

Do I need to think about this further?

Hi,

"but all seems a bit wishy washy as far as whether anyone gets 'upgraded' or not."

How so? If you are an active poster (and have been around for a while) you have been upgraded, if you do not or hardly post then you did not get the free upgrade.

In other words contribute to the board and sooner or later you will likely get a free upgrade; do not contribute (i.e. lurk) and you will not get upgraded.

Sanuk!

KS,

Since, LP didn't ask to be a Mod I will. If you make me a mod then take it away I promise not to whine and cry about it. Who knows, MM might be LP! Also, I have an idea for Gold membership: Why not use this as a fund raising instrument. Not in the traditional sense, but to fund all the prize money, giveaways and trips! Alot of us have large amounts of air-miles that could be given as gifts for contest winners for trips to LOS...it's an idea!

SkiBum

Hi,

"Also, I have an idea for Gold membership: Why not use this as a fund raising instrument. Not in the traditional sense, but to fund all the prize money, giveaways and trips!"

Interesting idea, but I am not fully sure I understand your proposal. What exactly would be the benefits of being a Gold Member?

As for funding contests, everybody is welcome to do so. I'd be more than happy to help in setting up photo contests, writing contest, ... . Just let me know.

Sanuk!

To be a Gold Member one is required too:

Donate a value of say 1,000 plus US in the form of cash, prizes, lodging, p4p fun...ie, marc giving rounds at eden, airmiles for free trips to LOS etc... per year, 18months, etc...up to you, KS!

The Gold membership benefits: Get silver membership free, A limited amount given out, 50% off beauty care at you wifes store for your TG or wife, whatever else or less you deem important...just a way for you to use Gold level as a means to fund more events, upgrades...(video stuff) and prizes to the masses.

SkiBum

KS,

Again it's an idea...might be a bad one at that!

It's more of a comp idea... Some of us have comps we just don't use. I get some 40,000 miles every time I fly to LOS now. I'm flying 3 or 4 times a year now plus all the miles for amenti, or CC purchases. Some have the Hilton and UA accounts that transfer into rooms, some guys have bars or hotels they want to advertise this could all work hand in hand with the site and create a gold level membership! Yeah, the www.NP.com elite card :: I'm sure you can come up with good benefits if needed. The cash you give on contests right now...where is this comming from? Wouldn't it be better if there were another source?

SkiBum

Archived