New Pope elected

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orthadox can marry, and is also considered by ordthadox to be the original church ( aclaim also by Catholic and North East African Churcches)

Maronite's, from Labanon, are a funny bunch, wow - rarely meet someone who knows them. Lebanese, with orders in Syria Egypt, Iraq I think,

They can;t marry though

I had heard as a child, that Catholic men already marriedd who wanted to become priests could?

Anyone can enlighten me?

Dog

Lots of Lebanese and Syrian Christians where I grew up in So Cal. Their families fled when the Ottoman Turks still ruled there and made things even worse for Christians than they are now. Ralph Nader is one you may have heard of. Gorgeous women, usually with norks like cantaloups. Unfortunately, they tend to have a short shelf life before they pork out.

One of the oddest things I know of is a Jesuit priest in Texas who is a Freemason and 32 degree in the Ancient and Accepted Rite (called the Scottish Rite in North America). He actually had been an Anglican/Episcopalian and had a wife and children. But when his wife died, he became very religious and finally converted to RC. He asked to study for the priesthood and was allowed to. What is strange about this is that the RC Church reluctantly allows Catholics to become Masons now, but still bans priest from joining. The Jesuit's Masonic bodies declared him a life member, so he wouldn't have any problems with his church over paying dues.

The rule that only an Italian/European can become pope will find it's end in this century for sure.

While in Europe and in the US the number of catholics is going down the numbers in Africa (14%) and Asia (10%) is going up - but the most catholics are living in South America 50% today. One of the next popes will be the first Non-European and I think that this will become the main trend in the future.

The pope after him will be younger, they seem to have to learn a lesson about age now and then.

78 yrs... What are they thinking about???

Its a laugh, how much are these people removed from life and times. Its ironic that the red regime pope Joh Paul II got praise for contributing to overthrow suffered much of the same disease at times :D

Flash, agree about the great tits, they do go to pot early, but stunning early on.

Weird thing for me was going to a catholic funeral, and at the end the priest said "X close friends would now like to say good bye"

To the amazememnt of everyone there, these Masons got up. Apparentl he was a mason and they did some masonic ritual, all in the chucrch!

Wfe obviously knew, no one else did

DOG

New Petchburi Pete said:

I've also read that some Historians now believe Jesus Himself was married; and, as fellow Saukers we must admit that he seemed to have a thing for Mary Magdelin ... a common whore! Some suggest that Jesus took her as his wife. :o

:bow:

There is no fucking way JC was married...no wife would ever believe the following story...leaves on a thursday afternoon, with 12 of his friends, on a 3 day weekend, doesn't call, no note, nothing...he comes back Sunday night...looking like shit, and his wife starts giving him crap "where the hell were you mr Savior?" and he says "honey, you won't believe it, but I was dead for 3 days...I came back because I missed you!" No way...Frankly, I never saw how the whole jeasus thing caught on...Immaculate conception? only catholics could come up with that one...maybe it was just an alibi for an out of wedlock pregnancy, and it snowballed from there...?

<< Apparentl he was a mason and they did some masonic ritual, all in the chucrch! >

The Masonic funeral service is normally done at the grave site. Perhaps it was the Ancient and Accepted Rite's service, which is done in the chapel. Were they in robes and did they place a rose on the coffin? (Chapter of Rose Croix.) I was on the funeral team for a few years.

Several past masters of my Lodge are RC. One senior officer right now is both a Mason and a member of the Knights of Columbus. The K of C were founded in North America about 120 years ago during the Vatican paranoia that banned Catholics from joining ANY fraternal organisation. The K of C is restricted to active practicing RC members and a priest is allowed to sit in a meeting whenever he wants to. Back home the Masonic fraternies and the K of C work together on charitable projects often enough. But it's most unusual to find cross membership.

Archived