Are you married and cheat on your wife?

Central Scrutinizer

Guest lazyphil

Well Dogg I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand car from you!!!! (not that I could, proberbly a Aston Martin or summet like that ::)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cent said:

<snipped>

According to the stats in the poll so far 66% of the respondents who stated they were married do have sex outside of their marriage. I find that number high, but seeing where this is being done as a poll and the nature of the board in some respects I am not surprised really.

<snipped>

Actually, 66% (for men) is about in line with reported "scientific" surveys I've seen referenced in some journals/publications of various sorts. OTOH, some surveys report that approximately 20-25% of men engage in extramarital sex. I'm in agreement that some of the factors peculiar to this board tend to push the percentage into the higher range of survey results.

Hugh (mak)

Hi!

It's interesting to se that 7% think that it's other people's business if someone is cheating on their wife. In my opinion this is root of most evil we see on the planet today. If everyone just let other people take their own decisions and live with the results it would probably be a much better world.

regards

ALHOLK

Guest lazyphil

<<If everyone just let other people take their own decisions and live with the results it would probably be a much better world.>>

Really, GWB decided to invade Iraq :clown::neener:

Cent, glad you clarified the response to lazyphil's post, because I was scratching my head as to why his post warranted the comment.

That said, I've cheated and been cheated on. I've had friends that have cheated and been cheated on as well.

Its no one's business as lazyphil says. The results of the actions may have repurcussions to unintended victims like children if the person is caught and it ends in the splitting of a family unit.

I have a childhood friend who is contemplating cheating. His wife has no interest in sex. After they had their child she lost all interest and I heard its fairly common over here. Anyway, I told him 'up to you' but also told him that in my personal experience, no married male has ever been able to carry on an ongoing affair and not been eventually caught. A one off, one night stand while on business is possible, but rarely have I ever seen a continued behavior that was not eventually found out. Some wives elect to ignore it and pretend its not happening to save the marriage or whatever, but they still know about it.

Women have this 6th sense about their men. They know when something isn't right. Also, over time, we (men) become careless and leave more and more signs and take more and more risks.

Women generally have a much easier time having an affair without getting caught than men do in my personal experience.

As far as polygamny I wouldn't call it cheating. In my personal definition, the wives know before hand and accepted it. There is full knowledge by all parties. If my wife/gf wants a 3 some with another woman and we do it, is that cheating? No, in my book. Cheating implies that all parties aren't aware of who every one is banging. And has not agreed to it.

chocolat steve said:no married male has ever been able to carry on an ongoing affair and not been eventually caught. A one off, one night stand while on business is possible, but rarely have I ever seen a continued behavior that was not eventually found out.

Quite right, and just to add my personal experience here, despite my "not getting it at home", I restrict myself to P4P in countries other than mine, with only a rare drunken episode in my home country. I do my best to shield the wifey from any knowledge. And I go for months and sometimes years with no carnal activity.

Your mileage may vary

Cheers

Coss

<<If wifey knows about it and is fine with it for whatever reason, I wouldn't call it cheating. Make sense? >>

Ahhh - while I agree with your definition, what happens in Thailand, where many of my Thai male friends are told "you can do it, but I don't want to know you are doing it"

In other words... do it discreetly. ST hotel etc, nobody hears about it, wife doesn't lose face. Simple.

Personally I wouldn't do it, at all, we have about a dozen razor sharp kitchen knives here, and mine's pretty adapt at using them! :D She's made it very clear where "Little Red" would end up should he get caught playing away.

Phil,

That's very sad to hear. I'm sorry your family had such a tragedy because of this very subject we are talking about here. Women in love can "wait for their man" for years, even a lifetime if necessary, and believe if the man truly loves them that they can do the same. I can imagine that this had a deep impact on your mother and any siblings (as well as your grandfather himself) and has impressed on you the seriousness of infidelity and the harm and trauma it can cause a family. (As it would others as well reading this.)

I myself also feel that infidelity is harmful to a relationship and especially any children involved in the relationship. I define 'cheating' as having sex with others outside one's marriage without the knowledge and permission of one's partner. It can destroy a family, leave lasting mental and spiritual scars, and cause so much pain, anger, and resentment. And even, as you point out in sharing this story of your grandparents tragedy, lead to the loss of a loved one.

I imagine this had a big influence on your own thoughts and opinions on this subject since you were young. If you don't mind me asking such a personal question (if you do I understand perfectly), how did your grandmother find out what your grandfather did while he was so far away?

Thanks for sharing that, Phil. It does show how serious this subject is and how much harm can be caused to a family.

Cent

Archived