Midnight Over for Me

Maybe because I just got my haircut (I like Buzz number 4) which is like a cop or army. I haven't visited in awhile. Most remember me but some don't.

thanks for the answer, Gummigut...

>I'm asian. I look Thai to doormen, Japanese to bar girls, >and Chinese (or Thai/Chinese) to everyone else.

well, that explains it!!

>I couldn't believe the reception I got at Rainbow 4. There are so many very attractive women there that the hard sell was well in effect. In half an hour, I had three girls jam their >tongue down my throat as an introduction. All three very >cute.

gee, rough life! ::

One was very pursuasive, but kept saying "hanata". Once, twice, even three times is okay. But after I tell this girl numerous times I'm not japanese and she says "hanata" for the gadjillionth time, I've got to wonder just how dumb is she? I ask her if she's drunk. Her reply was amazing! "Not drunk. You like drunk? Me drunk soon!".

:spin: :spin:

I like that answer... hmm, I think I have heard it before... that wasn't ( name ommitted ) , by any chance???

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarisin wrote:

Actually, ST, I am a little surprised at your line of thinking above as I always considered you to be one of those guys who takes the sanuk with him and makes the best of ANY situation given him. Again, every night and every bar will not be great, but you just roll with it and move on. I am sure you would agree as that is what you do. Just have fun experimenting with possibilities and I am sure your positive attitude will return.

Not to worry, I think my sanuk (while in LOS anyway) remains as good as it ever was. :) It's just that when I read about the demise of Midnight, which BTW has been a favorite bar of mine for some time now, my fear is that this trend may spread to the other Cowboy bars. I know that beer prices and barfines have increased significantly on the Soi and many now equal NEP prices (very high). In the past I always considered prices to be a bit less among the Cowboy bars compared with NEP. But they seem to be more the same these days - I especially noticed this in Tilac last visit sigh? :(

For these reasons I now prefer to spend most of my vacation time in Pattaya, it?s just a better value and the bars there look like the very best BKK bars USED to. That said I am encouraged when I read reports about the loosening up on the no nudity policy among some BKK bars. Hope this trend continues and is not just a temporary thing. Doubt if there will be any rollbacks in pricing though.

ST

I think you are bright enough to not believe everything you read here and also to realize most of the time it is just an opinion. Of course, if it is a guy you know expressing that opinion (like goatscrot in this case who knows the scene), then you put a little more into his opinion. However, in my view, you want to verify first and then form your own opinion.

Again, if there were just say, oh 6 bars in Bangkok, and one of them came up a crapper, I would be very concerned. But, there are just a few more than 6 aren't there. You just say the hell with the lousy bar and find another good one.

I feel a little sheepish writing this here as I am just not into the nightlife scene anymore, but last Wed. when some of us went out after dinner, the first thought was to go to Midnite - we did that in the past. However, recalling the write-up here and the experience of one of the guys with us (Oaktoad) in Midnite where he said the music is ear-splitting now, we skipped Midnite and went to Sheba's and Spice Girls (same owner as Midnite, I believe?) and had a fun time.

I guess with so many choices available, and with you only able to choose a couple of bars, why take a chance on one that has been dissed here and elsewhere. So, this is a perfect example of the Power of the Internet and specifically this site as it took some business that evening aways from Midnite. Multiply that a few times and Midnite has lost some baht.

It's been discussed to death, but, yes, IMO Pattaya for P4P is likely better than Bangkok - cheaper anyway if that is of interest to you. However, again, there just is not much else there. So, if you want the cheaper sanuk, Pattaya is your place to be.

khunsanuk said:

And it would most certainly be appreciated. Always enjoyed your writing, too bad it was always so difficult to get feedback from the columns (and still is :( ).

Sanuk!

Thanks, KS. The lack of comments was disappointing, but I just accepted it and got used to it.

I'm thinking of a couple of things and will send you a suggestion. Of course, I would not accept any pay and THAT should make you smile. :rotfl:

Hi,

"The lack of comments was disappointing"

Yep, never really understood why there are sofew comments to the columns.

"I'm thinking of a couple of things and will send you a suggestion."

Suggestions are always welcome.

"Of course, I would not accept any pay and THAT should make you smile."

Well, I am a stingy Dutch guy after all ;)

Sanuk!

From today's Asia Bugle:

"The owner of Spicy Girls, Midnight and Dejavu has managed to not only alienate every other bar owner in Soi Cowboy but has insulted a senior policeman. As I reported last week when the newly open Dejavu was caught showing, a 30-day ban was expected. In an attempt to circumvent that outcome, he got hold of a senior cop and agreed to pay a large sum. Unfortunately this Camel Jockey has never been taught about manner and face. When he met the said officer he threw the money on the table and told him he could now F.. off. That was when the 30-day ban was not only not rescinded, but increased to 60 days. Of course the real problem for him is the Old Bill now have it in for him big time. I would not be at all surprised if both Midnight and Spicy Girls are not caught on some irregularity in the next 60 days and closed. In fact I think I will avoid both places, as I have no wish to be caught up in a police raid.

This guy's purchase of Midnight has destroyed one of the most interesting gogos in the soi. The action is now very staid, the prices have all gone up and the staff look miserable - as well they might!"

Som nom na

>>he threw the money on the table and told him he could now F.. off. <<

It would take a person of exceptional character to be that retarded. Which causes me to wonder if the reporter is fabricating this. I notice that no info on the source of the story was provided.

if the guy owns other bars he has "played" with the boys in brown before,

If he did "throw the money" he is a bigger idiot than we already think, some people lose their temper at the worst times :(

But now that its in print the offended cop has to do something so he does not lose face........

not good for Midnight....

I will say that a) the Asia Bugle guy (who posts here BTW) does a pretty good job of sniffing out facts and B) while that is not exactly what I heard happened, I was told (by an extremely well-connected but anonymous source) that he did something equally as, unadvised, if you will. I can't say more than that.

However, due to certain complexities, Midnite may be OK...but his other bars may be in the line of fire. Hard to say.

I know, as clear as mud. But that's all I can say publically.

Cheers,

SD

As I was strolling down the Soi (taking the shortcut of course on my way to somewhere important), I noticed the aforementioned bar owner sitting in front of Spice Girls (one of his). I don't believe the shiner covering his right eye was a painted tattoo.....

Archived