Midnight Over for Me

They are getting freaking paranoid.

A doorman attempted to bar my entrance into a Nana bar.

Went to the other nana bar with the full on shows and 5 seconds after I entered the warning was given and the show girls ran to the dressing room and regular "dancing" commenced (though that might be a coincidence).

At another bar I was quizzed by the papasan and then a girl was sent over to check my story.

Back to the topic at hand.... Midnite. Been there twice in the recent past and both times I was hit for drinks right before the girls went up to dance. That just irks me in general because what are you supposed to do in the meantime? Twiddle your thumbs for 20 minutes? They didn't even bother introducing any friends.

<<burp>>

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David,

I rented a condo a few years back. Chateau Dale condos, just before Jomtien beach. Nice place. Had a 2 bedroom 2 bath shared with a friend and his lady for a month. Could walk to Jomtien. Some nice bars and places to eat nearby as well. The pool area was VERY nice, the staff was cool and competent, and the area was nice and quiet with decent security. Only drawback was a long driveway to the street from the condos. Rent a motocyke. The girls were always bitching about the hot walk down from the street during the daytime in the sun. ::

Came to around 40,000 baht for the month for everything. You will need to pay for electricity and water for the month. I enjoyed the place and the area. I don't have the contact info any more, but they may be on-line now. There were a lot of condos being built around there while I was there that time. Shouldn't be hard to find a decent one for a month.

Cent

Have not been back for that long, I will take your "recomendation" - and blame you publicly here if I have a sh#ty holiday

Please feel free to give me hell if you somehow fail to enjoy yourself there, but you don?t have to take my word for it. Do a search and you?ll find many recent upbeat posts recommending Pattaya over BKK for nocturnal activities. :)

Thinking about it a bit more, as someone already said their is a bit more to do in Pattaya during the day, when I get bored with / need a break from drinking, so I should really give it a "proper" go again

Here I beg to differ. While it?s true there are a number of gogo?s operating during the day in Pattaya (and I don?t think that?s what you have in mind) other than maybe a trip to Jomtien beach, there really isn?t much going on during the day compared to BKK. Places to go and things to see during the daytime in the Big Mango are virtually endless, while about all Pattaya has to offer is bars, bars, and more bars. I think most here would agree BKK wins hands down in this respect.

ST

"Of course, I have always maintained that many guys have the sanuk inside of them and they take it with them wherever they go. But, I agree, in the past when I had a bad experience such as goatscrot had, it is just time to choose from one of the many other options."

Very good point and I agree. Problem is for gogo action there aren't many alternatives to choose from considering NEP has fallen out of favor and now Cowboy may be headed in the same direction. Guess that only leaves Patpong which is OK by me, but I know many here hate the place. On second thought, I suppose you may have been referring to other bars in the same area?

ST

PS: Recently had some very fond memories re-reading some of your old Convention reports since KS opened up the pay site. Haven't browsed there in years and IMO your reports still stand as the best material there.

short-time said:

Very good point and I agree. Problem is for gogo action there aren't many alternatives to choose from considering NEP has fallen out of favor and now Cowboy may be headed in the same direction. Guess that only leaves Patpong which is OK by me, but I know many here hate the place. On second thought, I suppose you may have been referring to other bars in the same area?

ST

PS: Recently had some very fond memories re-reading some of your old Convention reports since KS opened up the pay site. Haven't browsed there in years and IMO your reports still stand as the best material there.

Actually, ST, I am a little surprised at your line of thinking above as I always considered you to be one of those guys who takes the sanuk with him and makes the best of ANY situation given him. Again, every night and every bar will not be great, but you just roll with it and move on. I am sure you would agree as that is what you do.

Just have fun experimenting with possibilities and I am sure your positive attitude will return. :)

As to you PS above, I sincerely appreciate your words. I really enjoyed living the life and writing about it before. As I mentioned on another site I was archiving the convention reports, stories, etc. I wrote on various sites (and some never posted) and have over 300 now.

I am racking my brain thinking what I can do to help Khun Sanuk in terms of writing for this site. Obviously, no Sarisin stuff like before, but if I can come up with something, I would like to help this site and KS any way I could.

Hi,

"I am racking my brain thinking what I can do to help Khun Sanuk in terms of writing for this site. Obviously, no Sarisin stuff like before, but if I can come up with something, I would like to help this site and KS any way I could. "

And it would most certainly be appreciated. Always enjoyed your writing, too bad it was always so difficult to get feedback from the columns (and still is :( ).

Sanuk!

Maybe because I just got my haircut (I like Buzz number 4) which is like a cop or army. I haven't visited in awhile. Most remember me but some don't.

I'm asian. I look Thai to doormen, Japanese to bar girls, and Chinese (or Thai/Chinese) to everyone else.

I couldn't believe the reception I got at Rainbow 4. There are so many very attractive women there that the hard sell was well in effect. In half an hour, I had three girls jam their tongue down my throat as an introduction. All three very cute.

One was very pursuasive, but kept saying "hanata". Once, twice, even three times is okay. But after I tell this girl numerous times I'm not japanese and she says "hanata" for the gadjillionth time, I've got to wonder just how dumb is she? I ask her if she's drunk. Her reply was amazing! "Not drunk. You like drunk? Me drunk soon!".

Aaarrrghhh, lol.

<<burp>>

Archived