Racial hatred rears its ugly head in Bangkok..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

I think she was racially motivated to a point. I think everyone has racist/prejudice thoughts even if they wont admit it, but we dont exhibit them with violence and words, maybe its just me :o

suadum said:

That negates any "psycho" defense as it should as too many people get free passes for doing heinous things by claiming they have diminished capacity.

Regards,

SD

She doesn't just use some "psycho defense", she actually did spend years in treatment in the different mental institutions. According to the reports that seems to be well documented.

elef said:

IMO you can defend both opinions

- a psycho with paranoia is not racism

- on the other side what was Hitler and his belief in jews as the root of all evil?

Hitler copied a lot of his antisemitic theories from Henry Ford's writings. Hitler might have in later stages developed clinical megalomania, but was hardly a nutcase. It would have been far better for the world if he would have been though.

Hitler is supposed to have started going barmy after he was gassed in WWI. Also, from about mid-WWII or maybe even earlier, Hitler was literally stoned on medication given him by his doctor. The "final solution" idea may well have come when Adolf was floating off in Lalaland.

p.s. Good old Thailand ... front page photos on the Thai papers today of the nutter showing how she entered the school and attacked the students. Apparently, she used a downward strike with a butcher knife ... rather like the shower scene in "Psycho"!

CRIME KNIFE ATTACK AT ST JOSEPH'S

Doctors need a month to say if suspect is sane

Bangkok Post

A psychiatrist said yesterday that it would take a month to confirm whether the alleged attacker of four teenage schoolgirls at St Joseph's Convent School is mentally ill.

Kampanart Tansitbutkul from the Galya Rajanagarindra Mental Institute tested Jitrlada Tantiwanitchasuk, 36, at Thung Maha Mek police station yesterday.

If she is not ill, she will be prosecuted.

The woman was detained at the station and police are to seek court permission this morning to prolong her detention.

BNH hospital director Krittavit Lertutsahakul said two injured students, Chayamon Trailertsamut, 14, and Jinjutha Rerksirinukul, 13, were ready to leave the intensive care unit. But Apistha Boonnam, 14, would remain in intensive care even though she was better physically and mentally. All three girls were stabbed.

Meanwhile, two opinion polls have found that the public is losing confidence in school security following the stabbings.

In an Abac poll of 1,403 people in Bangkok and suburban areas, more than two-thirds of respondents said they lacked confidence in school security, and worried that similar incidents might happen in other schools.

Similar responses were given in a Suan Dusit poll carried out among 1,497 people in Bangkok and nearby areas.

<< If she is not ill, she will be prosecuted. >>

And if she is, they'll turn her loose???

That's what happened about 20 years ago to the Chinese-language newspaper reporter who gunned down her AUA English teacher in a bank. Apparently, the guy had gone out with her and several of her friends a few times, but nothing came of it. She followed him into a bank one day and emptied the .38 cal revolver she had bought on the black market at him. Four bullets hit the teacher in the chest, killing him on the spot. He was a 26 old American, reportedly well liked by his students.

The gal was tried, found mentally incompetent -- and released to walk the streets! Scared the shite out of a lot of other English teachers for a while. Open season on Farangs?

As to security on campuses, it is non-existent on most. Several years ago, a group of female students were robbed at knife point by some motorcycle thugs on the Rangsit campus of Thammasat Uni. It was NOT reported in the papers. About the same time, a couple of men tried to rape a student on that same campus. She was able to break free and run away screaming, her cries for help frightening off the perps. Again, not a word in the press. Don't want to go upsetting parents now, do we?

Way back in the late '70s, when I was still a Peace Corps volunteer, there was a shoot out on my campus. Police got a tip that a wanted gunman was at a brothel about a block away from the campus. The police raced to get him. He saw them coming and fled down the street towards the campus, exchanging fire with the police as he did so. He ducked into the campus and ran under an acharn's house -- one of those with the living quarters upstairs and the car port on the ground floor. Then he and the cops shot it out, with the archan and his family scared shipless upstairs throughout the whole thing.

Finally, a police major decided to throw a grenade at the perp. (Thai cops carry hand grenades?) As the major rose to throw the grenade, the gunman shot him several times. The major dropped the grenade, which exploded, killing him and two other policeman. But as the gunman had to stand up to fire, the other cops quickly shot him to pieces.

All this went on on what is now Naresuan University's original campus at about 4 AM. I heard the firefight and wondered what the hell was going on. I found out later that morning, when I saw the monks out chanting to rest the spirits of the four people killed.

And guess what the newspapers reported: the gun battle took place "near the university". Near it? Hell it was right in the faculty housing and just north of the girls' dorms!

Archived