Racial hatred rears its ugly head in Bangkok..

My first teaching job was at St. Joes - very weird place for voiolence.

I worked there for 3 days - maybe 4 - laughs - back in 1999. I had all the Thai Nuns laughing a giggeling at me. It was too far so I quit.

They have guards there - you have to pass by just to enter the parking lot area.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've worked at five Thai universities, and at only one have I ever seen them checking student IDs. And that was just on rare occasions when they had something special going on, like a live band performance for the students and wanted to keep freeloaders from coming in.

Still, I'd expect a secondary school to have more security than a university. But I've never been stopped when I've had occasion to enter a primary or secondary school campus. If a male Farang can walk in without any trouble, a Thai female properly dressed surely wouldn't be bothered. Of course, from the pics in the papers that knife was a bit hard to conceal!

Flashermac said:

Hitler is supposed to have started going barmy after he was gassed in WWI. Also, from about mid-WWII or maybe even earlier, Hitler was literally stoned on medication given him by his doctor. The "final solution" idea may well have come when Adolf was floating off in Lalaland.

That is difficult to say. There is a lot of speculation about Hitler, especially about his alleged drug dependency. Nevertheless, in first hand accounts such as Traudl Junge's book (she was one of his private secretaries, and was there during the last days as well) i could find no indication for this.

A lesser known fact, though extremely interesting, is that Hitler had a son from a relationship with a French women during WW1.

Not yet, but i will. Thanks.

In the recent few years several excellent books and studies came out about that time that make use of previously secret archives. Some of those add a very different, and far more disturbing dimension about the realities of those days, especially the international involvement with the nazis. I am sure there is far more to come.

falangjon said:

My first teaching job was at St. Joes - very weird place for voiolence.

I worked there for 3 days - maybe 4 - laughs - back in 1999. I had all the Thai Nuns laughing a giggeling at me. It was too far so I quit.

They have guards there - you have to pass by just to enter the parking lot area.

::

I'd say most have shown the same response as me. The woman was a lunatic, period, and ran amok. Feel free, or others to see it as a case of "racism" showing its ugly head. I will stick to a demented woman blowing the fuses, racisT or not. Glad for once, I am a follower in that thread.

I think my question was pertinent. If Susu meant to make no points at all, with his title , it's fine too.

Funny you feel like barging in when no insults, and just a few quips were exchanged.

oh well......

Hi,

I was not refering to agreeing with him on the racist comments, I don't. I was commenting on your post which in my eyes served no purpose.

"Funny you feel like barging in when no insults, and just a few quips were exchanged. "

Guess there is no way I'll ever get the moderating thing right so I don't get complaints. Oh well...

Sanuk!

Archived