Best Italian Restaurant

gummigut

Well, chatting with a friend who mentioned that Stick put forth Angelini's as the best.

The best Italian food I experienced in Thailand was at Enoteca. Though my Thai companion would differ. But what would a Thai know!!!! :)

Now I'm especially unedumacated about pasta's and sauces, which may be surprising as I grew up with I guess one would call a 'rated' Italian chef. Had the stupid posters all over the place about the gadjillion of different pastas blah blah blah... But my palatte knows what's good and what's not.

Enoteca's is exquisite.

They are a bitch to find though.

It ain't cheap. So if yer on a budget ya might want to skip this place.

Here's a small map.

The menu isn't the largest. And one might call it frugal.

But the food is heaven.

map.jpg

<<burp>>

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to give it a go! My longtime fav and benchmark is L'Opera. Have you been there?

I just had a unique serving of lasagne here in Jakarta. It was served in a bowl, swimming in a quatro frommaggi sauce. Heart attack on a plate! But it was tasty. If I had an unclogged artery in my body before that dinner, I am sure I do not have to worry about that now LOL!

Cheers,

SD

There are a huge number of Thai restaurants and outlets in Bangkok, and I've only been to a few, but my personal favourites are, in order:

1. Angelini

2. Zanotti

3. Rossini

4. Limoncello

For a BARGAIN lunch, go to Zanotti. 260 baht ++ for 2 courses or 290 baht ++ for 3 courses.

Note: Angelini is MUCH better in the evening than at lunch time.

I was there one evening in may, very crowded in the restaurant and hard to get a table. Tried to book a table a week ago but full both evenings in BKK. IMO one class higher than my former favs giusto and Zanotti.

suadum said:

I'll have to give it a go! My longtime fav and benchmark is L'Opera. Have you been there?

L'Opera was always my favourite as well and when I lived on Soi 39 I went there once a week. The only problem with it was the owner who has a horrible squeeky voice. I haven't been back there much since I left LOS but on the occassions I have been back I have felt that the quality isn't what it was.

However a couple of years ago the L'Opera Bistro opened next door, which is run by a young enthusiastic Italian guy, and it is really excellent. Quite pricey but great food and great ambience.

Archived