Best Italian Restaurant

gummigut

What about Paparazzi on Soi Ruam Rudii in the Chateau de Bangkok?

I have not been to Bkk for about 3 years but they used to have a great Sunday Brunch. All you can eat of select Italian dishes for something like 250baht.

Anyone know what the food is like these days and if they are still doing that brunch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have another newcomer to add to my list of best italian restaurants: Beccofino on Thonglor (close to Soi 4). the place is pretty large and is full on the weekend with mainly local Thais. the italian "owner" (probably more coowner) is also working in the kitchen.

i had one of the best Pasta dishes i ever had: Tagliatelle with duck liver, onions and broccoli. they also have large pieces of meat served by the italian chef at the table.

not cheap though. small mixed antipasti for 400 THB, pasta dishes between 300-450 and large pieces of meat around 800. Tiramisu, warm chocolate cake and other desserts for around 200-250.

the winelist has a broad selection of italian wines and also from other countries topping with a Tignanello for around 6000 THB

At the end Soi 11 is a spot called L'Piola. Based on the traditional Italian Inn. No menu , they just serve you whatever the chef has prepared for the day. Not cheap but well worth the indulgence. Cater for herbivours and carnivors.

bust1

This sounds great. Is it easy to find??

I always have a "mid trip crisis" where I find myself really craving a good quality falang meal (and often end up badly disappointed)

Will give it a try just before Xmas, provided of course, I can find it...LOL...

Thanks for the info

"LA PIOLA"

31/4 Sukhumvit Rd., Soi Sukhumvit 11, (CHAIYOS)

KLONGTOEY NUA, WATTANA BANGKOK.

If I wasn't such a "techno-pesent" I would paste a map.

Head down SOI 11 as far as you can until you come to the dog-leg near the bars and where that nite-club is, you know the one in the shape of a toilet roll. Straight past the toilet roll, turn right, head past the 7-11 and you can't miss it. Happy journey.

Archived