Best Italian Restaurant

gummigut

Old Hippie said:How are the prices in Fabbs? Is the entertainment Jazz? or other? Thanks...

att Fabb prices are of course higher than your average food stall but not as high as in Angelini, Biscotti or Rossini. 2 persons, 2 courses and some housewine should take you to not more than 1500 THB; of course more if you order some of the pricey bottles!

it is good old fashioned Jazz with usually a trio or a quartet playing classic Jazz songs.

here is what bangkokgigguide writes about Fabb:

Fabb Italian Restaurant and Jazz Cafe

Mercury Tower

540 Ploenchit Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Tel: 02-658 6200/9

Open time: 11.30am-2pm and 6pm-midnight

Credit cards accepted

Music from: 8.30pm

As the name would suggest, this is a place for jazz fans. The house band is a class act, combining a subtle swing sound with good vocals at a decibel count that allows conversation. Fabb's décor is clean and modern with a hint of art deco in the high ceiling and round cornice over the stage. The food from a good Italian menu is excellent, professionally served and, like the music, has a touch of class

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
samak said:
BelgianBoy said:Mais enfin ! Opera iz velly mut Francais

i believe opera is the same word in english, french and italian! only the thai word is different: ÅäÃà¾Å§

The origin of the word is French........ like a few other 1000s words in English.......

gummiman ,

taking into consideration that probably 99,5 % of the average punters do not leave the upper suk area at any cost it might be an idea to mention the Pasta 'n Noodles opposite Nana Skytrain station . The italian food apart from their Pizzas is shite but the waitresses are lovely.

BuBi

i know Germans are not good in geography! why else would they have lost two WW! :neener:

lower and upper refers to the numbers of the Soi's!

lower Sukhumvit is from Soi 1 - 21 (Asoke)

middle Suk from Soi 21 to 53 (Thonglor) or Ekamai (63)

upper all above (Sukhumvit road goes not just to Pattaya but through Rayong, Chanthabur until Trat (300++ km)

BuBi verstanden?

samak said: it's neither called L'Opera Bistro nor Winetec. it's called Pizzeria L'Opera........Winetec: probably you refer to the Winetheque, that's the winebar in the same building. but you can as well eat there!

No, I was not referring to Pizzeria L'Opera, I was referring to Winetec or Winetheque (whatever) and obviously I know you can eat there otherwise I wouldn't have referred to it in response to "Best Italian Restaurant". Anyway I'll be celebrating my birthday there on Monday so I'll check the spelling while I'm there!

Archived