Best Italian Restaurant

gummigut

The_Munchmaster said:

However a couple of years ago the L'Opera Bistro opened next door, which is run by a young enthusiastic Italian guy, and it is really excellent. Quite pricey but great food and great ambience.

Just been informed that this place is actually called Winetec. Definitely worth a visit.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's neither called L'Opera Bistro nor Winetec. it's called Pizzeria L'Opera. an Italian would certainly not use a french word (bistro) in the name of his venue!

in comparison to the main restaurant they offer a reduced menu with significant lower prices (100-150 THB). for 2 persons (2 courses and a carafe of house wine) you can get away for around 1000 THB.

Winetec: probably you refer to the Winetheque, that's the winebar in the same building. but you can as well eat there!

my favourites are

Gianni's

Rossini

Biscotti

Angelini

l'Opera

now about the other mentioned in this thread: Duilio's has been one of the worst of the 30-40 italian restaurants i have been to in Bangkok. Pan Pan has a nice dessert (dolci) selection and is pretty inexpensive. Scoozi is mainly into italian seafood which is not my preference. Enoteca is great in antipasti but the pasta selection is a bit poor (and pastas is my favorite part of the italian cuisine). Giusto has a very pleasant interior, the food is good, but not excellent (maybe a irritated perception as i ate there with a Thai Hi So (and yes i agree with you gummigut, what would a Thai know about Italian food!!!), who gave weird comments about food and wine.

Limoncello is the only one i do not know; where is it?

Archived