White-faced refugees from Islam

Chlp

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chuckwoww

"But if the Indians and Pakistanis you're talking about are British citizens then they marry who they want. "

I understand what you are trying to say... But not exactly.

Males may be able to marry who they want, but not females.

Pakastani Girls normally do not have any say in who they marry.

Just recently in Newcastle, an example from a Pak/Brit Girl I know

Her parents picked a guy for her who could speak absolutely no English whatsoever from Islamabad (also had never ever stepped foot outside of Islamabad), sent her over to Pakistan for the Wedding. 4 weeks later Himself, His children from a previous Marriage and his brothers, are living in the UK and applying to the DHSS.

She has 3 sisters all in the same situation

I met them all.

Well I don't know what their legal status is (the kids who get married off)....but all British citizens have the same rights don't they? If Anglo/Pakistani (this seems to be the PC term) girls don't want to marry some bloke in Islamabad then the law should get behind them. I suppose they either go along with their parents or they're just plain scared to go against the family. If the girls get beaten or killed then obviously the law should step in.

Either way it's far to late to send immigrants back and there's no law that says they have to assimilate culturally if they don't want to. So long as they live within the law there's no point in complaining about their customs. They've been arranging marriages for centuries.

I imagine a girl with UK citizenship must be worth quite a bit of money. Some of those kids must be terribly confused.

Hi KS

"If so, why not move to the Middle-East and live the way you want to?"

Oh they do.. But for one simple reason though.

American, Canadian, British, Australian and NZ passport holders are the Highest paid in the Middle-East.

I know quite a few who have lived in the U.S. etc for a few years got their US Passports and have now been working in the Middle East for the past 25 years. While owning several properties/Businesses in the US, which they are making money out of. All towards their retirement wether that be in Pakistan, Syria, Jordan etc. where they originally came from. (And even more so the Filipinos, who can still keep dual nationality. Make a fortune out of an American Passport then live like a king in the Philippines)

STDAY3 said:

I know quite a few who have lived in the U.S. etc for a few years got their US Passports and have now been working in the Middle East for the past 25 years. While owning several properties/Businesses in the US, which they are making money out of. All towards their retirement wether that be in Pakistan, Syria, Jordan etc. where they originally came from. (And even more so the Filipinos, who can still keep dual nationality. Make a fortune out of an American Passport then live like a king in the Philippines)

Nothing new about that. Greeks, Irish, Jews (Israelis), Chinese, Italians all do it. I was born in the UK and made money in the US. I owned property there until a few years ago. And I've got 2 passports. :)

"I was born in the UK and made money in the US. I owned property there until a few years ago. And I've got 2 passports."

I don't think you quite understod what I was trying to say.

You were born in the UK..

Did you then go to the US get a passport and return to the UK to work because the UK pays Higher Salaries to US Passport holders.

Then buy property in the US make money off it, so that you can you retire to the UK.......?????

And I have two passports as well :neener:

STDAY3 said:

"I was born in the UK and made money in the US. I owned property there until a few years ago. And I've got 2 passports."

I don't think you quite understod what I was trying to say.

You were born in the UK..

Did you then go to the US get a passport and return to the UK to work because the UK pays Higher Salaries to US Passport holders.

Then buy property in the US make money off it, so that you can you retire to the UK.......?????

And I have two passports as well :neener:

You make it sound like some kind of competition. I'll be happy to talk about my life over a beer sometime. I'm not plastering personal stuff over the Internet. cheers :beer:

Archived