debts

FAT_AUSSIE

[color:"blue"] Off topic a little bit, knowing your perfectly justifiable opinion of prostitution, i.e. bad news--i've asked my cousins husband who is one how it feels to make money defending (to get a lighter sentence or get off the hook!) someone he knows has committed rape or murder etc even though deep down he knows he should not be walking the same streets as his daughter.....he says ?its just business?....kind of like a hookers answer which is the less

moral career choice?

[/color]

Your opinion is well taken Phil. Yes, a lawyer is just a profession like my profession, nothing to be proud of :: and yes we walk the same street with prostitutes, step on the same dog poop and use the same toilets. :neener:

Career choice? As a mother who has a daughter like me, there are many career choices and I am sorry that I do NOT want my dauhgter selecting being a hooker as a career! Sorry that I see more career choices for the poor Thais more than a choice of a hooker, or am I blind? Enlight me how come that there are more poor Thais who are not prostitutes than the prostitutes? Is it a stupid choice not to go for prostitution career? :topic: Perhaps, as usual, I don't understand because I have never been THAT poor?

If poverty is viable cause then why doesn't stealing is a viable choice to get rid of poverty too? Phil, we discussed this old issue before, you and I will never agree that prostitution is the right career choice for anyone. I am a woman/mother and I cannot imagine openning legs for anyone that can pay, sorry my opinion is such! So if the money is spent on the children's education from prostitution is ok? Let us all hope that those children are proud of that education and can use it for their own goods, I do sincerely feel that we are beating the old dead horse again. ::

Jasmine :soapbox:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I do sincerely feel that we are beating the old dead horse again. >>

:o Yes!.....although i was trying to ignite it again using the lawyer angle, a lawyer is obviously the wiser career move, the only career move out of the two, but morality of the proffesion?????

[color:"red"] If poverty is viable cause then why doesn't stealing is a viable choice to get rid of poverty too [/color]

Also off topic, but I would say yes it is - but I don't view all stealing as wrong! Just when it is aimed at me!

I am not rich in Farang terms by any stretch of the imagination, though of course doing better than some - but if my part of the capitalist pie dried up and their were no other "real" opportuntities for me (I am not counting a Mcjob here), I would have zero hesitation (moral or otherwise) in claiming / obtaining my "share" of the pie from any source I could and in WHATEVER manner I saw fit.

I would certainly not be sitting on my arse thinking it is all part of the Great Plan of a higher being or thinking "it is just one of those things" and that I will therefore have to accept my new place.

My "reasoning" would be based on education in that I KNOW that their is no real reason why some people are poorer than others, it's not natural selection - it's because someone somewhere is f#cking you over, to one degree or another - even if you can't identify them by name - because their is no single person. At the moment other folk do have part of "my" share, but I have enough of the pie to be getting on with and also I know that I have not made the most of my opportunities in life through laziness, so I am not complaining. I also know that in fairness I have someone else's share of the pie. At the moment she is probably getting butt f#cked in a s/t hotel.

Having sad all that I am quite a laid back guy :), just that the concept of "don't fuck with someones rice bowl" is something which strongly resonates with me. :D and I have never been one to beleive in "rules" designed to keep folk in their place.

Hmmm......not entirely sure that I should post this.......And of course not aimed at anyone!!!! :D :D :D

[color:"blue"] Yes!.....although i was trying to ignite it again using the lawyer angle, a lawyer is obviously the wiser career move, the only career move out of the two, but morality of the proffesion?????

[/color]

Now Phil, you are judging a profession :: By the way, there is a joke about lawyers "How can you tell whether the car hit a lawyer or a armadillo?" - "If there are break tracks on the road, that was an armadillo, if there is none, it was a lawyer, ones never hit a break when running over a lawyer!"---Another one "Why do you think a shark will never eat a lawyer? ---It is a professional courtesy".:rotfl:

Give me a break Phil, a career move between hooker and lawyer? :) Perhaps we all should select prostitution, for it is LESS investment and pain of going to school, eh? If you compare such 2 jobs equally, then never send any kid to school, raise the daughters just to maturity and send them off to the bars just like many families do in many parts of Thailand :yeahthat: And make sure we all have daughters! Err-- may be sons can do that too, there are many of them, male prostitutes in the world! Let us get rid of all schools, such a waste of time for the brains to develop, what between our legs are more important! I sure like to pay less tax for school now Phil, I can use the extra money for my travelling!

Jasmine :soapbox::rotfl:

[color:"blue"] Also off topic, but I would say yes it is - but I don't view all stealing as wrong! Just when it is aimed at me!

[/color]

Of course not, Robinhood didn't do anything wrong. Also, a Thai stealing fro "farangs" is not wrong either, he has some to share, non? :yikes:

[color:"blue"]it's not natural selection - it's because someone somewhere is f#cking you over, to one degree or another - even if you can't identify them by name - because their is no single person. [/color]

I think I understand your view-points. :: Being poor does not mean that someone did you in one way or another, IMO. I posted before that when my police father got killed in action when I was 16, we had no money left and my mother worked on banana farms to send us to school. No we never ate 3 meals, never had more than 1 set of uniforms which we washed every night,and a pair of shoes. But we KNEW that the education would take us out of the poverty. Wrong thinking for certain people I am sure, for why not grab what we can now is a lot of people's thinking.

I am glad that you share your pie and want to share someone else's pie. Some of us share our pies no matter what but the ones we share with, we would like to select if you don't mind for it is us who make the pie, fair? :topic::soapbox:

Talking about "laziness", many officials in the current Thai government did say that the poor Thais are lazy and I don't agree 100%. Many people being Thai or whatever are not lazy, just not knowing the opportunities and money managment. I do agree though that most real Thais are laid back and my family is 80%Thai, other blood is European and Chinese. It is the brains of some of us who could never see opportunities. For me and my little brother, if we don't have education, we wouldn't know what to do for a living. :(

Jasmine

Hi,

Could be wrong, but what I think that Phil is trying to say is that if a girl makes a decision to be a prostitute then there shouldn't be any reason to look down on her for that. And certainly not for moral reasons as there are many other professions who also set aside their morals in order to do the work required of them.

He used an example of a defence attourny having to defend someone knowing the person is guilty of a heinous crime. I personally would not be able to do that, and while I understand that the criminal (I guess I should say defendant :) ) has the right to legal counsil, I, as his defence attourny would have a very hard time justifiying things to myself. Especially if I got him off.

On top of that everybody lives his or her live to his / her own set of morals. What you may find utterly disgusting and immoral, I may not have a problem with; and vice versa.

One of my friends mentioned talking to gay friends about whether gay marriage should be legal. They (obviously) thought it should definitely be so as who is the government to tell who one can love.

The next question was should people be allowed to marry more than one partner. This however was met with outrage and comments of "absolutely not" as this was immoral.

Now think of how a Mormon (I think those are the ones with multiple wives) would have answered those questions.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling now so I'd better shut up :)

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

<<a lawyer is obviously the wiser career move, the only career move out of the two,>>

<<Give me a break Phil, a career move between hooker and lawyer? >>

Lay of the xmas liquor jassie and please re-read what i said :: :drunk::xmassmile

Guest lazyphil

<<He used an example of a defence attourny having to defend someone knowing the person is guilty of a heinous crime. I personally would not be able to do that, and while I understand that the criminal (I guess I should say defendant ) has the right to legal counsil, I, as his defence attourny would have a very hard time justifiying things to myself. Especially if I got him off.>>

Thats what I was trying to say, thanks.......

I dated a farang gogo girl for two years. She was working her way thru law school so "a career move between hooker and lawyer?" is possible.

Jasmine said: >>Sorry that I see more career choices for the poor Thais more than a choice of a hooker, or am I blind? Enlight me how come that there are more poor Thais who are not prostitutes than the prostitutes? <<

It may not be a good idea to support a statement that prostitution is immoral by pointing out that the majority don't do it. The majority will not choose to clean septic tanks but it does not follow that cleaning septic tanks is immoral.

But your arguments are well made. It seems to me that the majority stay away from prostitution because they believe sex for money is a bad thing. But that is no more than a belief right?

If you compare an uneducated girl slaving her life away in the factory to the freelancer who goes with 1 customer a day and makes 10 times as much money. No doubt the freelancer has taken the easy way - at least from my perspective. Maybe the FLer would say otherwise? Anyway, the FLer has an easier job but my question is why is it immoral?

>>Let us get rid of all schools, such a waste of time for the brains to develop, what between our legs are more important! <<

Its true that a girl does not need school to sell her body. But one does not need school to work the farm, cook yum woon sen or deliver ice to restaurants. I am not trying to argue but I would like to know why so many believe prostitution immoral.

why do you all think that being a prostitute is taking the easy way out. their job is a lot harder than being a so called factory worker. the money is better because it is a harder job. anyone and their brother can work in a factory. not many have the good looks and personality to be a good hooker.

what i dont understand is how the ugly girls of bangkok make a living hooking. maybe for the ugly ones it is just like working in a factory.

Archived