Sin Sot, when is 1,000,000 baht too much?

steffi

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flyonzewall

Not a sanuker are you? must feel a bit out of it on this board, no? with all these guys around you dicking gorgeous little dolly birds young enough to be their grand-daughters. Good grief. Some of them might even be kidding the kidders. I’m not too old yet but when I get to 75 I’d like to be comforted between 2 supple eighteen year olds every night till the day I die. What do you think Khun Flyonzewall?

Incidentally you’ve ignored all major points with the exception of the family’s ‘wealth’ (3-bed house in Khon Kaen and a potential mill from good old Steffi is all I know so far. where is he? He’s staying awful quiet). and you’ve resumed your habit of making personal attacks. Try to break it, it’s not very mature or constructive. I am also guilty but I was trying to help you collect you thoughts more coherently.

You say: ‘but that’s all’ !!!

Houses are THE major asset owned by MOST people. Steffi could tell you what part of town it’s located in sitting on how much land. That will tell you its value. Steffi knows more than he admits. Little furniture implies an inadequacy. Sufficient good quality furniture is not more comfortable than ‘flaunting’. Yes, many Thais flaunt there wealth ostentatiously, being the elitists that they are but this family doesn’t because they don’t have any in all probability. You speculate yourself this family does not flaunt their wealth, don’t you? Yes?

Your attempts to diminish are worthless and out of place, merely proving you can’t keep your eye on the ball.

You wrote: “no, no previous relationships”.

--Well then. Not much experience either. What would the wise Chinese think about that?

Jingjoh's post is quite plain. what is it you don't understand?

And frankly I could care less if they love me. Just so long as I don’t fall in love again. Phew. What a balls-aching headache that was.

I’m back in the UK right now and had expected to be here for untold months, even years but had some wonderful luck and it’s BACK TO SANUKVILLE THIS WEEKEND for a long long stay and I might even sit down and learn the language properly. Good idea. had a series of teachers in the village who the wifey got rid of as fast as she could because she didn’t want me understanding what she and her slimy family were talking about. I was the focus of hundreds/thousands of their conversations.

A nice definition of a cynic is someone who cannot cope. I cope very adequately.

The Oxford Concise Dictionary: one who sarcastically doubts or despises human sincerity and merit.

This I do not do. I despise human insincerity, lies, deception, cunning, plots, trickery, conspiracy, double-crossing and double-dealing, more especially when camouflaged by 'love'.

farangbaa,

i gotta answer you tomorrow coz i am just too drunk now after a great evening out in the bars with my mates, not getting laid, not misbehaving, just simple sanuk.

having fun, going home to the wife, feeling good.

p.s.

defending your baht is good as Khun Zane advises who enjoys sampling young ladies as much as you enjoy a night out with the lads even if you view him as unqualified in the macarbre business of satisfying avaricious parents' excessive demands on their daughter's young suitor.

bahts are important and best left in the hands of qualified sanukers for payment on merit, not guile and base trickery.

farangbaa said:

>The Oxford Concise Dictionary: one who sarcastically doubts or despises human sincerity and merit.

This I do not do. I despise human insincerity, lies, deception, cunning, plots, trickery, conspiracy, double-crossing and double-dealing, more especially when camouflaged by 'love'.<

Yeah, and you see the lies, deception and conspiracy lurking everywhere. It seems that i have to apologise, you are not a cynic, you are ouright paranoid.

That is the main reason i did not answer your "main points", they are nothing else than paranoid assumptions.

Just one relationship which is still working is maybe not much of experience, but somehow i seem to have had enough experience not to run into one of your famous conspiracies, scams and rip offs.

>Steffi knows more than he admits.<

you said. So what? He posted what he wanted to post, i answered based on that. you have been reading a big time scam into the information steffi was willing to give.

You started to develop some wild conspiracy theories on everyone who made a post about their relationship which ended in advising another poster on his relationship:

>...... if you carry life insurance CANCEL IT NOW.<

ever heard the expression THINK POSITIVE? or the term "self fulfilling prophecy"?

dundee wrote:

>I did see around me many divorces from Thai/Farang couples, and I would say that for 90% is all about face, status & money. The girl needs to adapt a bit from her side, as I have to do it from my side and this takes time and energy.<

Very true. Only some people do not seem to be able to adapt, that is why i see the same guys running from one problem into the next here in Asia, until they end up seeing the wildest scams lurking behind every corner. Are you one of these people by chance?

Qualified sanukers? You gotta be kidding me! so, do you mean only after having a endless list off fucked up relationships behind oneself, one is qualified enough to enjoy life?

Or do understand under sanuk the serious business of avoiding falling in love by all means, only fuck and forget?

Does one need now a license to go out and have "sanuk", the terms defined by you?

I start having real sanuk on this board now!

“Very true. Only some people do not seem to be able to adapt, that is why i see the same guys running from one problem into the next here in Asia, until they end up seeing the wildest scams lurking behind every corner. Are you one of these people by chance?”

Flyonzewall

NO mate, your guess is not correct.

I do not have any problem, never had a major one, and I do not see scams behind every corner. Both you and me are running long enough in this part of the word to know very, very well on the issues like face and status (equals money) along Thai people.

This is the point what I tried to make to Steffi as his G/F appears not to play an active role in the negotiations. I cannot judge nor did I say that the G/F or the parents or both are after the money, but I would defiantly give it some more time.

In my home country we use to say “watch the cat out of the tree”. Give it some time, time will tell.

My opinion is that the Thai women have to be play an active role, otherwise she may not be able to workout this relation as the is herself putting in between the parents and her husband, facing continue pressure on materialistic issues, rather than living a live.

I know a Thai family in my wife’s village, that once the daughter came home with a farang, her parents saw just only $$$, keeping pressure onto the daughter to take as much she could, because farang would dump her within a couple of years. This started off with paying a dowry more than average. They went into a marriage, but this resulted into that the farang said after a couple of years and near bankrupt “fuck you all” I’m off. His Ex. went straight to Hat Yai, leaving 2 small kids behind with them grandmother.

Thanks lord that anybody who comes to my wife’s with a reque$t for loan$, gift$ or other bull$hit are getting (not physically) thrown out of the house, without my help.

Nevertheless, I do wish Steffi all the luck with this situation and I hope that he can take some points on the number of messages, on this board.

quote:

I know a Thai family in my wife’s village, that once the daughter came home with a farang, her parents saw just only $$$, keeping pressure onto the daughter to take as much she could, because farang would dump her within a couple of years. This started off with paying a dowry more than average. They went into a marriage, but this resulted into that the farang said after a couple of years and near bankrupt “fuck you all” I’m off. His Ex. went straight to Hat Yai, leaving 2 small kids behind with them grandmother.

I really love these stories where, in this case, the parents convince the daughter to screw her man, financially, as well as any other way, 'cause he's a farang and will bugger off eventually anyway'. Man grins and bears it but as the pressure mounts he goes downhill eventually to upsticks and decamp. Parents console daughter with "told you so" and "all farangs are bastards".

Is this what is known as a self fulfilling prophecy?

I guess in a culture where it is hard to admit to your own mistakes the real reasons get ignored.

For the record ,I paid. She did explain it first though, money in the pot, a nice big fat wad, everybody sees what a jai dee chappy she got, money out of the pot and into her bank account minus a little for mum, everybody happy. She will not touch it and keeps adding to it, hmm, so that's where the houskeeping went. Says it's for the kids and I don't disbelieve her.

For Steffi, no way mate a mill is way tooooooo much, even for the energizer bunny with a 150 IQ and a mirror in the attic . But it's a tough one and I would echo many others comments here that the GF should be a major participant in this. She really needs to grasp the facts, the more you give to others the less there is for her.

Good luck.

M.

Archived