Japanese... is it right? do they care?

There is no doubt in Oldtimer's mind. the Japanese are the best behaved blokes one can encounter in the Thai night life scene. This is because when they get drunk they usually get quiet and sleepy rather than rowdy.

And it terms of entering night clubs in Japan, it is true most gaijin are turned away because of the fear that they may not know proper manners. But if one is introduced by a local chap it is quite different, because the local will be held responsible for one's behavior. After that you may return as often as you like.

In Thailand Oldtimer also has no problem entering Japanese only bars because he talks quite a lot of both lingos. Its true that most of the Thai ladies inside are more pretty that one will find in farang bars.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is an open market economy. I dont hear ppl reasoning much from the girls point of view. Some girls are personally or culturally more adaptive to Japanese or Asian men then farang men. So they choose to work in J-catering bars. The girls wear different clothing then in the ggbars, are dressed more like pretty dolls but 'decently' covered. They dont have to deal with loud mouthed not so well mannered farangs who are not always dressed top notch. They dont have to engage is sex talk since that is not streamlined with J-culture. Plus J dont have very many big dicks. J-culture however different then Thai culture is a lot more convenient for the kind of Thai girl -that eventhough she is a hooker- does not want anybody to know she is one. She can be in denial of selling her body for sex and the J-culture helps her do that. She can still judge other gals in Farang scene as being "bad'. Just like Cowboy girls judge the girls from Grace coffeeshop as dirty considering they have Arab as clients who "stink".

If you look at the prostitution scene for Thai men, many a girl is sitting there with their blouses buttoned up till the highest button. Take these girls out of the brothel and touch them! What you will see is they dont like that you are touching them in public. It is unThai. Farang touch easily, Japanese dont. So why dont we let everybody have its choice? The J are in general not good in English and dont mix with farang very much, stick to their own kind of secret society. So they get what they want, the girls get what they want and the farang and farang adjustable sluts get all the rest of the bars and they get what they want. What is there to complain about? Is this racism? What about Israeli's they have got exclusive restaurants etc. every where they go? It is catering to a certain niche in the market. The J-guys are paying through the nose for it. They are a closed society. Maybe there should be new J-bars opened to keep them out of the farang bars. Give them all the space they need. Thailand has got the resources.

As far as I can see there is a lot of really cool ppl on this Thread who are fighting against racism. And Wendella you can make your language more articulate. You might mean well but some of the things you say can be read in very different ways.

<<What about Israeli's they have got exclusive restaurants etc. every where they go?>>

Point is I can go into their restaurant and eat if I want too, in the muslim restaurants in Bangkok which I think you may have been too, I sometimes sees jewish israili eating there, no problems from anyone! (Note they both have same "basic" dietary restrictions)

However I can;t go into a jap bar if I want too.

And that sucks and sorry but I think it's VERY wrong, regardless what anyone says, I don't support any type of discrimination.

DOG - Balck and White

<<In Thailand Oldtimer also has no problem entering Japanese only bars because he talks quite a lot of both lingos. Its true that most of the Thai ladies inside are more pretty that one will find in farang bars. >>

Sorry that doesn;t hold as I went to a Jap only bar with a Jap mate of mine, we both got kicked out once they worked out I wasn;t japanese.

DOG

The reason I am not a fan is that they kill the fun in a place. Thermae used to be a lot of fun with girls dancing, partying, and being quite aggressive with the customers. As the place became more and more Japanese the fun slipped away...as they prefer mroe sedate girls. This seems to happen in the go-gos they invade as well...

GS

<<So you both could be correct.>>

No - just takes one bar that has the total ban for me to be pissed at it.

I am happy to say the one that I used to try and "enter" in Soi 5, eventually closed down, Friday, 6.30pm, they'd see me coming, run inside and lock the doors, in fact it ended up being a bit of a fun game, but again, just takes one bar. No both is right

DOG

Nervous_Dog

I still can't figure out why you or anyone else would want to go to a bar or nightspot where you weren't welcome. Every city in the world has bars, clubs, etc. that cater to a niche group or dominant customer base. If you're not part of that demographic, you're not going to have any fun. Why insist on going in? Even if you do get in, aren't you worried about about the bartender spitting in your drink?

:devil:

Goatscrot is making a good point here. Hi Goatty!!! Nice to see you again!

The J storming into 'our' farang bars influences the bar culture. This is why I dont object that there is special bars for J's. If I look at the travelling J's they are 98% on themselves, speak very little English, their idea of getting stoned is laying on your back with your head over your head. In short they are an introverted ppl who like class and good behaviour. That's what they offer in the special J-bars. I can not get my head around that Doggy is barking down those doors. The whole scene is quite different and really not so fun-loving atmosphere as the farang bars. Unless you are doing business with J-s or you are good friends I see no reason to go to these bars. Unless you are an introverted person your self that likes class and good behaviour and your hooker dressed in a Barbie dress. Then you are culturally adaptive of the Japanese culture.

Archived