What changed in P4P the last 15 years?

Topcatta

I used to hang out a lot on Soi Cowboy and NP about 15 years ago. I am really curious what are the changes besides the prices. So this Thread is for the more Thai sexperienced amongst you...

For instance the ordinary beach places I used to hang out. Many I dont go to anymore since the tourists are rocking in and out there so fast the Thai ppl are getting tired of not having real contact with tourists anymore and are facing burn out and less open to tourists.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For instance the ordinary beach places I used to hang out

I don't want to upset you, but I think they must have built over the beach in Nana and Soi Cowboy.........but I DO drink a LOT when there ::

Not been back for a year, but used to live IN Nana Plaza - first started going when it was "all wide open fields"..........well, before the BeerBars got built in the Courtyard anyway :: :D :D

I think it is just that life moves on. For the Farang the rose tinted specs eventually fall off - they probbaly do not love me or even I am starting to suspect regard me as particulalry handsome :(:D (Although I tried keeping mine on with increasing amounts of Booze, it just wasn't the same) and the Gals are just more aware of the money making opportunities from Mr Farang in addition to selling a "pop" at a hole each night, rather than seeing it as money making scheme until they could snare a ticket to Farangland. I blame the internet! (Actually E-mails AND Mobile Phones).

As I said, life just moves on.

Shame about the Beach though, I must of just missed it :( :: :D

Having a neighbor who lived in BKK in the mid 1960's - much has changed according to his stories.

I recall Nana Plaza without the beer bars on ground level. This area was a parking lot. All open.

The bars at Nana Plaza did have a closing time but they did not close. I recall walking into one bar at 02:30 in the morning and all was going full tilt.

Times seemed a lot less hectic back then. But memory sometimes plays tricks.

With the advent of stricter closing times, I was amazed at the number of gals just hanging around near the Plaza after 02:00 AM. In the street, sidewalk, and parking lot of Nana Hotel. Lots of gals trying to get that first or one more catch.

The Tuk-Tuks were everywhere years ago and taking a cab was unheard of except traveling to airport.

Sid and Izzy were frequently in the lobby of the Nana Hotel . .

"And right now, financially things are not good"

???

Gotta be kidding.

In my apartment, everybody now has a brand new car, the parking lot is overflowing, they have to park in the soi.

Prices for prostitutes and condos are going through the roof... a sure sign for easy money and quite the opposite of 1998.

Siam Paragon now thinks, exhibiting a Ferrari is not good enough, they have a plane there now.

Yes, salaries are not going up, but you can always get money from your farang bf (farangs are everywhere now), the village fund or newly opened GE Money Bank

Bangkok is not Thailand.

I see the village life and yes, more houses are built, many just 50sqm. all on credit.

The gf's parents have what they have (house, TV, fridge, sofa) because the 6 children - in fact just the 3 girls btw - bought it all.

Now, these children only have one child.

Rice farming? You can not even feed a family of 3 from this activity. How will this new generation survive 30 years from now?

I dunno :yikes:

Also the approvisionning of BG's is coming to a halt. Imagine the bG-less gogos in the near future....

Archived