Pizza

Kite_Flyer

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like Pizzanotti which is predominantly a delivery service. Also, Limoncello in Sukhumvit Soi 11, is very good too.

I?ll go against the grain here. The Mrs. and I tried Basilico in Soi 33 a couple of weeks back and neither of us were impressed. It wasn?t bad, I just feel that there is much better out there, though will stress that we?re talking personal preference here.

Stick

Guest lazyphil

Me and the Mrs ate here a few years ago, absolutly delicious with a nice view to boot, more than impressed we were....not very practical for bangers residents though ::

phil.jpg

my kids like pan pan near soi 33. nice, but still " pretent size" not the hang over the tray stuff we get here

Imho, still have not found anything to match my local place here in usa

I think Dulio's is OK too. I've had lots of pizzas from there - most have been pretty good or reasonable (but then again, I've stuck mostly with the trusty salame piccante :p ). I like the odd pizza so have tried a few and, imo, it compares well to Pan Pan, Paparazzi, etc, for the money.

The Pickle Factory, near Victory Monument, used to be good but I reckon it's gone downhill in the past couple of years to the extent where it's no longer worth the hike from Sukhumvit.

Guilio's in Soi 23 is my latest favourite. I had a lovely spicy pizza from there the other year. It was delicious even the day after, consumed cold from the box. Yum, cold morning-after pizza... :p

ND!

an australian claiming to be a expert in italian food! :neener:

you should go to Antonio's Trattoria; the best english i have ever heard from an italian chef; he is Italian but grew up in Australia! and certainly better than your Duilio!

Bibblies, the one on Soi 23 is Giusto; that's a good one! they just have recently added a wine bar!

Pan Pan is a very reasonable priced restaurant, which was there before the italian food boom in Bangkok brought us dozen's of new restaurants. i like their broad selection of italian deserts.

Pan Pan, is OK. And you can get deliveries to some soi 33 bars. The veal marsala is :up: :up:, but I found the pizza just average.

I remember a few years back Mrs Tiger and I went there to eat. Good food, but the manageress and waitress made the mistake of treating the missus (in her opinion) as a bar girl, by ignoring her and only talking to me, even when she was talking to them. BIIIIG mistake, if you have ever met a pissed off Chinese bird...I bet that manageress' asshole is *still* a foot wide after wifey got through reaming her out for that! And she still will not go there, after half a dozen years.

But no issue like that at Basilico. We like to share a pizza and a plate of the lobster fettucini with white wine/chili sauce for two (that dish is ~B1500 but worth every satang).

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

Speaking of pizza, Pizza Company has increased its prices. I just ordered a medium pizza and 8pcs of chicken wings, 359 Baht!!!

Unfortunately I do not know of any alternatives. Don't really care for Pizza Hut and I doubt any of the delivery places mentioned in this thread deliver in the Sutthisan area.

Sanuk!

One vote here for Limoncello on Soi 11 just behind the German Beergarden. Great calzones and pizzas of very generous portions.

Plus I still like to have a pizza at Madrid now and again even though the place's pizza is certainly not up to snuff against somewhere like Limoncello... It is about ambience.

Cheers,

the_numbers

Archived