Would you allow...

AF16

My wife went out alone with some friends last time we were in Thailand. I had to stay home and watch our baby.

Did not ask where she were going. Not up to me to 'allow' her to go or decide where to go.

I don't belive that putting restrictions is a good way to keep someone in a marriage. If you allow them freedom, you might risk they go away, but in showing respect I think you increase the likelyhood of them _ choosing _ to stay. If they really want out of the marriage I don't think it's any good 'keeping' them there by controlling their behavor. It's better to decide wether you are willing to do what it takes to make a go at it or choose to end the relationship.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi af,

I agree with your comments.

To OH - I guess my answer would have to be yes. A couple of years ago now gf went to Q Bar with an old friend visiting from your part of the world (SF). She is married to an American. Also tagging along was another ex-bg from G-Spot and a girl who was still working there. I went in with them, but once I had served my purpose (buying a round of drinks) I was encouraged to leave. Before leaving them to it I needed to take a pee and by the time I came back there was some guy obviously about to move in on gf.

Anyhow, she only stayed an hour or so and while there may have been some chit chat, I am sure nothing undesirable actually happened - to my gf at least.

In line with af's comments, though - if it's going to happen, it will happen whether they go out on a girl's night out or not.

Khwai

I doubt if she would ever go to Nana disco, but occasionally she goes to Radio City or the Absolute place is Soi 7 with GF's. Why not ? she was quite relaxed when we went to some bar with a Brit mate & his GF while some girl from the bar had my todger out giving it a bit of air.

Shyguy,

NOT Married, this is a hypotetical, for the purpose of discussion. I agree, if you can't trust her, you shouldn't marry her...but some habbits die hard if ever...

AF,

we are talking about NANA disco, a haven for freelancers, this is not a respectible place it is a place where, it is safe to say 99% of the women are on the game, as in selling......

Dog,

I missed you that much! :)

AGAIN, we are talking about NANA disco, or another venue that is primarily oriented towards freelancers and pick ups...if your wife was an ex hooker, would you still let her go...? Even if she used to work there? would how she is dressed make a difference? Discuss again...

Old Hippie said:

.... NANA disco....... it is safe to say 99% of the women are on the game......

Hi OH,

I would say 99% is a low estimate.

To answer the question, I think I would, if she wanted to go with her mates. I think we underestimate just how important places like this, and their former bar, are in their lives. Hey, the former bar just about was their whole life while they were working.

And, as said before, if you can trust her there will be no problem - if you can't trust her then ......

Khwai

"...the former bar just about was their whole life while they were working...."

Yes, this is why I think a lot of the girls have a hard time leaving a bar when they have a problem there, it is all they know and who they know...

Though I'd say if she was "dressed to sell" I might have an issue...

OH -lots of questions about marriage, is there something you are not telling us?

"Before leaving them to it I needed to take a pee and by the time I came back there was some guy obviously about to move in on gf."

I never make the assumption a TG is a BG unless it is so painfully obvious by the venue I am in. While there are quite a few girls on the make at Q bar, I would never make that assumption.

I get the feeling this thread is not so much how we feel but about how we should feel. :bow:

The only problem I would have if she wanted to go to Nana disco is the cover charge. What I would prefer is Nana Entertainment Plaza. If she wanted to go with friends, that is fine but I would also like it if we go together.

[color:"blue"]I do not know what is the beef about the wives going out if we can go out. Shit, this is the 21st century! [color:"black"]

Archived