Should Buffhello Continue to post news stories?

PhilAnders

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I just ignore them because frankly, 99% of the time I either have already read it in the paper or just don't give a shit.

But the issue is bigger. I think they should be deleted IF Buff does not post exact links to the exact article, thereby giving credit to the author/publication.

Why? Let's look at the Stanford Fair Use website:

Posting involves a user sending information from the user's computer to the website (sometimes referred to as "uploading"). Once posted, others can view or copy the material. If your site does not offer users a chance to post material, you can skip this section.

EXAMPLE: A member of a discussion group posts a chapter from a John Grisham book to the group's chat room on the Web, making it available for others to copy.

While the person who uploaded the material is the actual infringer, whoever maintains the site can be held liable for allowing the material to be posted at the site. As with any unauthorized material, the wisest approach to dealing with unauthorized uploads at a site is to remove it quickly or disable access to the material pending resolution of the dispute.

Therefore, K. Sanuk should be concerned about this constant misuse of copyrighted materials. A link lessens the problem because it would theoretically send users to the originating website, giving them traffic and therefore "payment" for their work. More proper would be if Buff posted just a few sentences of the article with the link if the reader wanted to read the rest.

Cheers,

SD

Guest lazyphil

Wasn't that long ago josh ingu took you to task on plagiarism on a post you made, I cant remember exactly what the article was, something humorous i think, the way you posted it made it appear it was your work :: can you recall this?...josh ingu?....i've a feeling i'm going to have to spend 5 hours going through your posts to back this up :banghead:

Ya. A joke that was sent to me via email and I pasted it as I received it, with an opening line that I thought added to it. I posted it in the Board Bar where that kind of thing is supposed to go -- as in nothing there is to be taken seriously.

Now how does one credit a joke unless it is a very specific style of a famous comic? I dunno either, but it sure pissed off Josh for some reason. I read several posts daily that Josh *could* jump all over, but he seems to have something personally against me -- especially since he has been very quiet over this BuffHello (and other similar) stuff.

C'est la vie.

Regards,

SD

once Josh has decided you are not his equal (over compensation on his part?) you are are in his unrelenting sights.

he has actualy followed me to other forums with his over compensation related harrassment.

+ you, as a former NCAA football player, represent something more than he can comprehend.

+ he is a mod bully over at NP, thankfully KS remains in charge here

.. constantly reminding his 'inferior targets' of his superior status in that very very very small brackish pond in which he resides.

He never resides in the Land of smiles (= no, 0.00, sense of humor)

if you posted a joke he probably did not get it.

I assume you reviewed the NP postings about you when you chose to disappear from josh's brackish little pond..

josh = scuba without the dot.

An Internet forum is like a daily newspaper, people read it for different reasons. Some buy a newspaper mainly for its sports section, others for business news or local events or entertainment listings or recipes. They may skim other sections and a very few read the whole thing, but mostly it's one section or the other.

Two very simple ideas present themselves, as have been noted by others:

1) Buffhello should post his clips in the appropriate section;

2) If you aren't interested in one of his items, don't click on it and read something else.

Case closed.

EP

:devil:

Archived