Should Buffhello Continue to post news stories?

PhilAnders

EP - I couldn't agree more, and I am not calling the OP names, just commenting on the 'spirit of this thread'.

I have been guilty of the same thing in the past....posting something that cannot, from any interpretation I can imagine, be considered constructive.

BTW - what does kafir refer to? Is it a derogatory name for people of color in South Africa?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teddy said:

Have to agree with you, this thread should be deleted and the wanker who started it should apologise to Buffhello.

Why? :dunno:

I think it's a fair enough question. After all, these posts seem to take up half the lines on the page sometimes when you look at the latest posts. And, frequently, they lead to threads of length of... er.. 1. Finally, it's fair enough to ask whether, if people wanted to click on news links to other sites ... cough... they could go to the fucking news site themselves ::

How about this guy posts the fucking weather report too? :D

Personally, it doesn't annoy me yet but if he increased it by say about 10-20%, it'd be taking the piss. It's a valid question to ask.

Tex, while you are correct, I will defend Josh in that he is not at all like his online persona in real life. In real life, he comes across as a decent guy and very interesting -- I always learn something when talking to him. Much like our old buddy Fly. Guys like that puzzle me. I am the same cocky, arrogant, sanctimonious arsehole in real life as I am online, and I generally assume others are too (maybe that's naive?).

Scooby I never had an issue with, always a gentleman, and he is absolutly one of, if not *the*, smartest person I have ever met. He is posting on the 2Bangkok forums now, in some *very* interesting political discussions.

Nope, I never went back to read anything on that NP after I left. One because I did not care, and two because for some reason my comp config with ZoneAlarm and Win2K would not let me log into Delfried after they made some "upgrade" and it was not worth trying to figure it out (not logged in = no posts marked as read = pain in the arse!).

ZZZZ - I remember that! :D I voted yes, but we lost. So y'all are stuck with me 5555555555.

Cheers,

SD

I say let BH continue to post. Sure, you can go to the BKK Post, Pattaya City news, etc to get the same info but having it here is like going to a convenience store. One stop shopping.

He is taking the time to copy and paste and for his trouble he gets to be the editor.

buddha said:

EP -

BTW - what does kafir refer to? Is it a derogatory name for people of color in South Africa?

It's the same root word as "kaffir" (derogatory South African term) but I'm using it in its original sense. "Kafir" is aderogatory term used by Muslims, Arab and otherwise, for non-Muslims. It literally means "infidel," but on the emotive level it is the equivalent of an English-speaker refering to an Arab as a raghead or sand n*****

EP

:devil:

Ãs your link makes clear, the name of the fruit is the kaffir lime, the leaves of which are an important ingredient in Thai cooking. Again, the root word is the same, but this time round it means "lime of the infidels."'

I'm proud to be associated with anything that's kafir. I wonder if KS would let me use one of the Monhammed cartoons as my avatar.

EP

:devil:

Archived