WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

a little note of one of the best Players of the last 10 Years.

Zidane decided to come back to International Football to play in the WC.

OK,he's past his best but in his Day was one of the best Players of his Era.

what a moment for him to end his Football career by playing his last competitive Game on the biggest stage there is...........

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:

[color:"666666"]But I also wanted to see your first, heat of the moment, typical fan comments in the moments after the match! :D[/color]

nah, it would have been the same

they shot 2 goals and we zero goals, they also didn't try to cheat nor they were playig over defensive as usual, so what can I say?

I had a few beers with italians and all was cool!

And so we are down to one game remaining....

Glad the final is at 1 am here as these 2 am matches have been brutal.

Anyhow, is anyone really surprised by the two results over the last two days? I'm not.

Despite all the naysayers, I picked France to win the World Cup before the tourney began. Everyone said I had lost my mind. Defiant as usual, the night before the first match I went on the web to put a nice wager on the Frogs, and indeed the betting web site where I belong was blocked by the authorities here. Bloody hell! OK, enough of that.

I know there are lots of France haters out there (and I am generally not much of a France supporter myself), but this French team is loaded with experience.

All this talk about age is nonsense. I never did quite understand it. They are very fit, and have tremendous pace in Henry up front. Their back four is world class as well. And Zizou and Vieira? Nuff said. Vieira was masterful against Spain and dominated poor Cesc and Co.

That France's one striker formation partially negates Henry and they are still in the final hints at just how impressive this side is.

I also agree with Syajaan about Wiltord paired with Henry.

As for Germany, they had far the inferior group (and road) to the semis than did Italy. Italy made it through a very difficult group and to date has still only conceded one goal, and that was an own goal. Germany probably achieved more than their abilities.

So, two very evenly matched and deserving sides in the final.

I know many here will disagree, but I feel the best two sides are still in the competition.

As for Portugal, the less said the better. Glad they are out (sorry, Zaad).

England? Crap. And Rooney deserved the card. No worse than Beckham's years ago yet the media are letting the pit bull slide?

Asia and Africa? Crap.

Brazil and Argentina? They never win World Cup's in Europe. No real surprise they are out.

Look for Spain in Euro 2008. Really!

froggo

Froggo,

As for Portugal, the less said the better. Glad they are out (sorry, Zaad).

Well, not really out yet...still one more to go :)

No need for apologies, both negative and positive comments are welcome. I don't hate 'my' criticasters? I need them to improve myself, just wish the players would read the board and this thread :up:

Look for Spain in Euro 2008. Really!

55555!

Thank you so much for that :grinyes:

sayjann said:

sorry Zaad,had to post this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5152784.stm

'The sorry chapter in this saga is that Ronaldo showed again against France that there is a potentially stunning talent attempting to escape from the variety of feints, step-overs and dives that are a blot on his landscape.

Ronaldo may have cried in Munich - unfortunately for him and his talent, many others were laughing'

and i'm still laughing at the useless twat.............

Keep laughing Sayjann...

And it continued, long and loud throughout a first half in which Ronaldo showed great strength of character to emerge as the game's outstanding player.

Now if the Portuguese crowd starts doing what the English do and boo Rooney for his misbehavior then it'll be the day that I'm ashamed to be Portuguese.

He, Ronaldo, apparently didn't give a flying fuck about the boo-ing English crowd. And rightly so :up:

it seems a vast majority of the crowd were booing him but i doubt wether the crowd was predominately English.

if he does stay in the PL he will have to be strong.

he will get much abuse thrown at him from all the rival fans.

of course some will blame Rooney for what happened but many,many others will blame him..........not just an English thing,it's human nature.

and he also has to win over his Team-mates.

he is not the most popular Guy in the dressing room with well documented reports of fights and falling outs.

Neville despises the useless twat and i don't think Ronaldo has endeared himself any further to the Players and Fans.

you can have him at Porto if you like..........just ring Sir Alex and put in an offer of around 2,000 Bt..........that might be a little expensive but the Club would bite your hand off.

Frogpatrol back in our midst! Good see you around buddy. Italy looked great. I am cheering for the French team (pattaya127 will like that as well) and they look good but I'm worried for them. Italy beat the home country...and in the semis! That has to give them a massive lift and they did it with aplomb. They ran at the germans. I expect a wide open, box to box match...or atleast I hope so and not the typical Italian defend and counter style.

This is such a great sport and the passions from Zaad and the rest on here are an indication of it. You can feel the passion off the posts in this thread.

What do you all think about Blatter's suggestion of 3 yellows before being out of the next match?

frogpatrol, France. frogpatrol, France... Do you know I never put them together before, frog?! :) It never clicked that you might be French.

Why are the French generally so seemingly apathetic about football? Compared to the supporters of other big teams, it seems they're hardly there!

ChristianTroy - I heard that the Germans actually miss the English supporters (apart from the war references ::) for the passion they brought (compared to the lack of passion shown by their team :(). I thought it might be true because it seemed to me that the sound they brought to the England-Portugal match, for example, was magnificently loud and never stopped.

Archived