WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

chocolat steve said:

I am cheering for the French team (pattaya127 will like that as well) and they look good but I'm worried for them. Italy beat the home country...and in the semis! That has to give them a massive lift and they did it with aplomb. They ran at the germans. I expect a wide open, box to box match...or atleast I hope so and not the typical Italian defend and counter style.

My prediction is that the italians will win it. They have the better keeper and the better people on the bench to open up the game. I will be rooting for France, but they have to find back their form. The game against Portugal was a below par performance. I don't expect an open game, because both teams play in the dreaded 4-5-1 formation. If an early goal will fall, it will be lucky goal. I don't expect the game to take off before the last part of the second half when substitions will be brought on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have to disagree.

Italy play with Totti and Toni upfront and while they might not be both in the most forward positions they do hunt as a pair.

France are not as good in that respect as Henry is not supported quickly enough.

Italy have the mindset to win the Game.

better defence and more possible Goalscorers............

if he does stay in the PL he will have to be strong.

he will get much abuse thrown at him from all the rival fans.

of course some will blame Rooney for what happened but many,many others will blame him..........not just an English thing,it's human nature.

Human nature to blame others??? 55555

Posting and drinking don't mix Sayjann :drunk:

Just think about it..Sven asked the media boys not to kill Rooney so they kill Ronaldo instead. The media is very poweful as we can see, just look how they influenced so many people so easily.

They need a culprit and Ronaldo it is. Rooney should be thankful to both Ronaldo and the media which spared him A LOT of criticism. Still he'll receive his share but would've been more had these two not stepped in.

you can have him at Porto if you like..........just ring Sir Alex and put in an offer of around 2,000 Bt..........that might be a little expensive but the Club would bite your hand off.

Excuse me, Porto??

I'm a Benfica fan, remember?? and of course he'd be a great addition to my club but can't see that happening.

He's extremely skilled, you can't deny that, no matter how much you dislike him.

bibblies said:

frogpatrol, France. frogpatrol, France... Do you know I never put them together before, frog?! :) It never clicked that you might be French.

Bibblies,

I am about as French as French fries.

But I do appreciate their footie. And I wholeheartedly agree about the keeper (and their fans).

The moniker frog patrol takes its name from a certain legend around Soi 4 several years ago who, shall we say, had a particular talent with frogs (not the French variety).

Zaad - you have a super attitude even when the rains pour down upon you. Good stuff.

MaiSabai said:

good analysis there FP - I'll look out for Spain again next time or even move there! :beer:

I second that. Madrid is an incredible city. I used to live there. Tapas and drinking all night, the Bernabeau at the weekend, lovely Madrilena women.

I was there for that horrid loss to France in the Euro 1984 final (but equally bad was how Portugal lost in the semis (3-2 on a Platini goal, if I recall)

Short of moving to Espana, MaiSabai, I'll at least meet you for a beer there. Deal?

Steve - see you soon.

froggo

Fuck me Froggo , I was in on the 1st or 2nd page of this thread and gave up trying to understand this stupid game and got blasted for it. Anyway , am I an uncle yet ? That is what is important for me.... :beer: And for the soccer dudes , isn't it ironic that France and Italy are going to do " battle " on German soil for " world supremecey ".... :rotfl::boxing:

Bada :tophat: Bing

Old Hippie said:

Funny, this time the French going into Germany and winning...maybe...I'll go with Italy, as I like their food better...

OH , WTF are you doing in a " sports " thread ?? nothing personal , but I would have thought your " sporting interests " would have been in the , errr never mind...... , just glad you decided not to bend over..... for the escargo's , viva lasangne's !!!!!

Bada :beer: Bing

Archived