WORLD CUP TALK.

sayjann

'Human nature to blame others??? 55555'

of course it is,i personally have never done anything wrong in my life or made any mistakes.

it's the other people who blamed me that got me into trouble.

'Rooney should be thankful to both Ronaldo and the media which spared him A LOT of criticism. Still he'll receive his share but would've been more had these two not stepped in'

come on.

it's quite obvious looking at the Ref that he had no thought of even speaking to Rooney.

he had given the free-kick and hadn't even looked at him.

it was only AFTER Ronaldo got involved that he punished Rooney for the push.

the Ref has said that he sent Rooney off for the 'foul' on Carvalho but there was no indication of that at the time.

the Final will be interesting with the same Ref taking control.

with the reputation of both Teams for falling over he might want to avoid controversy after the Rooney outcry.

he'll either let everyone get away with murder or book everyone in sight.

but answer a question i asked earlier.

why is Rooney being investigated by FIFA.

THEIR rules say that if a Player is punished by the Ref on the pitch then they have no power to intervene.

so why are Media reports saying that Rooney risks a 4-5 Game ban if he refuses to explain or apologise for his conduct?.

if this is true then why aren't they taking Figo to task for his headbutt?........a coward for doing it behind the Ref's back.........

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course it is,i personally have never done anything wrong in my life or made any mistakes.

it's the other people who blamed me that got me into trouble.

That explains your point of view on this matter :grinyes:

why is Rooney being investigated by FIFA.

THEIR rules say that if a Player is punished by the Ref on the pitch then they have no power to intervene.

so why are Media reports saying that Rooney risks a 4-5 Game ban if he refuses to explain or apologise for his conduct?.

if this is true then why aren't they taking Figo to task for his headbutt?........a coward for doing it behind the Ref's back.........

I don't think they're investigating anything Sayjann other than determining the duration of his ban.

There are different degrees of a red card depending on the foul. A 'regular' sent off (such as Deco or Costinha) automatically results in a one-match ban.

However, Rooney's sent off was one of a dirtier caliber. Same goes for elbows or other moves which are more often seen at cage fights.

And this is EXACTLY what pisses me off! :onfire:

It's like missing a penalty for Christ's sake, COME ON!!

A splendid opportunity to throw a few quality jokes and all I get is lame verbal diarrhea.

Disappointed big time Teddy, I expect better from you :up:

BadaBing said:
Old Hippie said:

Funny, this time the French going into Germany and winning...maybe...I'll go with Italy, as I like their food better...

OH , WTF are you doing in a " sports " thread ?? nothing personal , but I would have thought your " sporting interests " would have been in the , errr never mind...... , just glad you decided not to bend over..... for the escargo's , viva lasangne's !!!!!

Bada :beer: Bing

Hey, I like some sports...don't really get into all the hype crap, but watching a game is fun, actually, my favorite sport is Muay Thai, tough to see here...as for bending over for anyone...no...what they do in the locker room after the game is of no interest to me... :)

Zaad - however skillful they are, some of your players just piss people off by diving, feigning injury (yes, they do - I thought of another example against England where even the referee directed Rio Ferdinand not to kick the ball out of play because he thought Maniche was faking it!) and appealing for a foul or yellow card to be shown on nearly every single tackle. As the Kaiser says, something has to be done. Don't kid yourself that it was just English people hissing Ronaldo in the France game. Skillful as he is, he has simply become a symbol of this malady.

However, apparently they're not the worst at this World Cup (and England aren't the fairest). Go to http://informationbuilders.co.uk/ontheball/wcuk.htm and sort by IBI Foul Play index. Paraguay come off worst (scoring especially high on "fake injury"), followed by Italy then your boys. Trinidad & Tobago are the fairest, with Brazil, Costa Rica and Sweden close behind! :D

BadaBing said:

Anyway , am I an uncle yet ? That is what is important for me.... :beer: Bada :tophat: Bing

Uncle Bada Bing - does have a ring to it. But not in the cards yet.

For those who missed it, some vintage Bing was on display at Livingstone's during the USA-Ghana match. Bada lasted all of 5 minutes watching the match before departing for the pool table to play pool with the ladies.

Every now and again, we would say "Bada - goal to the USA: 2-0 America" at which point he would express his pleasure and resume his pool game.

Let me tell you, this guy is pure Motor City, Motown, D-Town, "D", Renaissance City, Detroit Rock City!

froggo

sayjann said:

he was winning by a Mile but after the England Game an e-mail campaign (Zaad will say that everyone will have been from an Englishman) lost him the Title.........

I actually think it was you and your 10.000+ aliases.

BTw, since we're on the subject...if I were to give you a Ronaldo shirt would you burn it regardless the Man U colors or wear it despite the Portuguese name? :D

Archived