Revenge on BG

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

remember the old farmer who was repeatadly broken into by local thugs, he shot one in the end on a midnight break in and he died, another got hit and tried to sue the farmer for damages.......as for ASBOS dont get me started, they dont work, unruley kids get 'respect' for getting given an ASBO.....lock the little toerags up and take away their rights, until the law cracks down on thuggish, antisocial behaviour things will gradually erode away. One of two things will happen if you challenge louts (because the police will not show up to deal with them, until perhaps the next day to inspect any damage caused!), you will get beaten up by them or if you do give one a kicking you'll end up in the dock.....

Old Hippie said:

I think the basic concept of Bhuddism is they don't pay the price in this lifetime...hence, revenge/teaching them a lesson is good.

Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The effects of those deeds and these deeds actively create present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain in others. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well.

Just want to know, how does revenge make one feel better, what's the gain on your part? How does it change the events in the past??

"I think the basic concept of Bhuddism is they don't pay the price in this lifetime...hence, revenge/teaching them a lesson is good."

I find the lack of the judeo-christian 'guilt thing' quite refreshing. It changes my attitude, and allows me to operate at an almost 'ski-bum' level when I feel the need; however, taking revenge on a bargirl is a two part equation, and a bit lower than I am willing to sink. Both parts seemingly have the punter playing the role of 'silly boy'.

Part one: Seeking out the 'GFE' and falling for it...

Part Two: Theres no better business bureau for 'bad whores' so...I'm gonna get that bitch...

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?'

Sorry, but I don't take it in the chocolate factory for fifteen bucks. Perhaps you should think about that before you start throwing around the word 'karma' and getting upset at girls who will do just about anything for the price of one converse chuck taylor.

The concepts of christian ethics and buddhism are great for discussion, but you must agree that nobody really applies this type of thinking on themselves due to selfishness - 'the human condition'. I mean the simple fact that buddhism and christianity exist today is proof enough that nobody ever listened to buddha or jesus.

From reading books about Buddhism I picked up that selfimprovment is the key, as in getting above petty things like revenge or worldly goods for that matter.

From reading Buddhist texts I learned that it was a bunch of random stories with some wisdom in it and some simplisic BS, just like the bible.

I like my view of 'Buddhism', as I do the view of what 'Christianity' should be like, but don't care for either in real life.

Thats the incident that I was thinking of. No wonder thats there are so many houses broken into in the U.K. There is very little downside to the thief and if the owner of the house defends himself/herself, they can be prosecuted in both criminal and civil court. Watching the BBC the last two weeks while in Ireland, I saw where there has been an amenesty if you turn in your knives but at the same time there were several brutal killings with knifes in Birmingham and Bristol. Of course here, the victims would have been shot dead. It just seems to me that Britian has a more resigned attitude toward break ins and puprse snatchings (and with good reason since the penalties aren't severe if you are caught).

Archived