New Zealander stabbed to death

limbo

I get really sick of people who defend the thais for their bad behaviour. When farangs act badly they get crucified and you don't see many farangs going around killing people do you?

As for thais laughing at farangs for getting scammed by bargirls....well most thai men know (not the rich ones anyway)they dont have any advantages that farangs have and wouldnt stand a chance against us.

Women want to be with farang men because we treat them better and can look after them and offer them things the average thai guy cant even dream about, so thai men have to try and find something to use to make fun of us and pretend that they're superior in some way.

This is why they try and make out that farang aren't street smart. I know many farang men and some thai men as well. none of my farang mates have ever been scammed by a girl in any way or even by a taxi driver or whatever. they are all way too smart for that.

As for the New Zealand guy, nobody expects to have a knife pulled on them in that situation and maybe the girl planned to meet the NZ and then just showed up with the thai guy. Whats the NZ guy meant to do? just go off his tit and kick them both out without knowing exactly whats going on? he probably wouldve gotten stabbed then anyway. The Thai guy obviously had plans to stab the guy all along, it was just a matter of when during the night he was going to do it.

Stop defending thai male behaviour, they have few morals and act like nutbags when they dont get their own way. Besides, if he's so smart why is he now looking at a murder rap?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ML,

Inexperience, in fact, is a causal factor of contributing to accidents or adverse outcomes. (I used facts twice to the benefit of falangman - he likes facts). Again we don't know how long he has lived and worked in LOS. But it did mention he lived in an area and a building that falangs are not known to be. My experience and belief is that newly arrived teachers and alike tend to stay in the falang ghetto until they become comfortable with the culture, learn some thai and then and only then they gravitate out towards more thai oriented surroundings. I would be very surprised he was a newbie to LOS given his choice of living. Then if he was fairly new and one of these types who wanted to "get away from falangs", then i would question his wisdom until he had a better understanding and expereince with thai culture...

Bottom line - experience or the lack of can definately play a role in accidents or negative outsomes.

Case in point...

Three americans just died on the mountains of Peru. They were 19 to 21 years old. The mountains they were climbing are known to be very advanced. The first thing out of the resucers mouth was "I wonder if they had the necessary experience for this set of mountains?" It is very possible that inexperience lead to their death. One would have to dig up what mountains they had climbed, their training, their climbing experience and were they ready for these mountains or were they in over their heads? We will see if "inexperience" will be the underlying cause of why they perished or maybe they were just caught in an avalanche; yet inexperience could play a part in that as well...

First of all, i didn't say that thais in general are low socio econ types but I would be very interesested to know the backgrounds of both of the thai parties in question. As i stated, i am specualting not these thai people will not be outstanding citizens and possess undesirable or marginal bacgrounds...

Whether this falang was experience with thai culture or inexperienced is probably not as important as other mistakes he made on this night...

I doubt this was a planned murder as some have speculated but more along the lines of anger, alcohol, over-reaction, poor judgment at the time of the outburst, and poor decision-making in selection of acquaintences and GFs.

A key in this case will be to know if there was a relationship between the two thai parites. My guess is that there was but was a bad outcome planned? seroiusly doubt it though i wouldn't put it pass thais. Yet, an english teacher and a young age, doubt any financialy gain was to be had unlike the pattaya planned murder case..

This case sounds very similar to the falang who was married to a thai, goes out drinking with thai guys in some village, say something insulting to some drunkard thai and gets axed. Did this guy also contribute to his demise?. Damn right he did! Did he deserved to die? Of course not but the fact is that he put himself in that potentially volatile situation.....

I see no difference with this NZ lad...

CB

FALANG guilty as charged.

Thai man, innocent.

This is what I am understanding the words to mean that I read. I find it hard to draw such conclusions with such very little information and from what I see, the conclusion is biased against the falang. No need for a trial and jury, the falang was wrong and the Thai man obviously is innocent.

What is wrong with this type of thinking is that it creates an atmosphere for [color:"red"]"open season"[color:"black"] on all falangs.

[color:"white"]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[color:"blue"]Maybe I should buy stock in Thai plastic bags and tape.

Well, it seems that some people DO have issues with any shades of gray and MUST have purely black and white (looking at you Bangkoktraveller, for instance).

I have given up, but I see that CB is trying. I got tired of beating my head against the wall. Good luck CB.

Cheers,

SD

Westerners should understand that when they come to Thailand all tidy logical concepts go out the window. Don't ask why. It's just the way it is. For me it's one of the attractions.

This is where gadfly pops up to tell us they should reform the education system or open their markets or stop being so darn xenophobic. I always enjoy these 'why can't they be like us?' discussions. :)

Archived