Your most expensive bar tab?

Pescator

What that concerns I am probably in a minor league.

I do recall though, one of the few nights I ever spent in Pattaya.

I was heading home at around 11 pm after a nice meal with a friend and wanted a night cap at a quiet place before hitting the sack.

I noticed a small bar with no customers, 4-5 girls and the manager.

I sat my ass down on a bar stool and started chatting with the manager who turned out to be the owner as well.

He recently opened the bar and business was kinda slow.

After a while he mentioned the name of his home town in nakhon far far away, it was like 3 miles to the east of my wife`s town where I had spent considerable time during the years. We also found out we had common acquaintances.

That was somewhat special and he thought so too. I bought a round for the bar and he the next one and so it went on until the wee hours.

All the girls were from that general area as well, so we got along very well. Before long only Mor Lam Singh was played, the girls were doing their dancing and singing and I guess everybody was having a good time.

At around 4 am I decided I needed to crawl back and asked for the tap. My new friend the manager was having a hard time to locate the right digits on the calculater, but came up with a 6k figure and asked if that was okay.

Whatever, I was totally shitfaced and didn`t give a hoot.

A memorable night it was, however. We clicked right away, Hope that doesn`t sound gay? :o

To this day he is one of my good buddies even though he at the above mentioned occasion tried to hook me up with one of his girls at the bar, actually the worst looking one and fat she was as well, `cause he noticed I spoke quite a lot with her. Hey, I speak to everybody regardless of their looks, sexual orientation or whatever.

Anyway, I was mentioning this figure to a good friend of mine and his comment to the 6k figure was: You gotta be kidding! That is pocket change.

We have a favourite hangout in Krabi and when he and his mate go there they occasionally spend 25k baht exclusively on the bur malai aka flower garlands.

Damn, I never put down more than 2-300 baht there on the flower thing, no wonder nobody wants to speak with me when those guys are around.

So what was your biggest bar tab and did you have a good time? Feel free to elaborate on the circumstances.

cheers

hua nguu

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough call...in one bar at one time, maybe 2500bht? in a single night, maybe over 4000bht. That includes a few ladydrinks, full bottles etc...another time, at Pump up (forget what it was called before the name change) They had a promotion on Chivas Reagal, 1800bht a bottle, went for a bottle and a few large servings of beer, and ran around 2500bht also, but that was for a large group, food was extra...

Yep but it was just once and as the OP asked the highest.....

(but when you pay x bottles, ladydrinks etc.... it can go up quite fast)

Yep and we were also 8+ guys and there were around 15 ladies + dj + mamasan.

So not too expensive for a one timer and we all had great sanuk partying there.

If I am allowed to bring this outside Thailand...

Larry Flint's in SFO...$2300 USD in "Beaver Bucks" for lap dances!

Some Russian bar in Bahrain where you bought a flower necklace for the young ladies dancing: $300 USD, each!

It hurts too much to remember any more :(

Like Samak, in the B10-12K range several times and for no particular reason.

Outside of LoS, I'd have to say around US$750 or so at (my then local) Hsienling Pub in Taipei's Combat Zone in the early 90s.

Cheers,

SD

Archived