What are the best prices from LAX to LOS

I thought I saw that Cathay's Deal of the Month included the fuel surcharge, but not he taxes.

But I would not book the DOTM, becuase one cannot earn AA miles. With platinum status on AA, I earn about 35K miles on a RT ticket (40K in biz class), which at $0.02 per mile is worth about $700. Therefore it would be worthwhile, for me, to pay an extra $200 for a fare on CX that earned AA miles.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and if you are lucky like I was this trip,

they will have another 100% bonus ,

so triple miles = 50,000 ff miles with my status bonus

and only 60, 000 miles for a free ticket USA-BKK RT

So work the FF program and the price does noot hurt as much :)

OC

Damen said:
Khun_Kong said:
OCgringo said:

, a FF ticket LAX-BKK is only 60K FF miles

OC

Until October, when UAL raises it to 90K!

UAL saver awards from North America to South Asia arent going up with the exception of First class. They will still be 60K for Economy, 90K for Business and 125K as opposed to 120K for First.

Here is the new award chart:

http://www.united.com/ual/asset/MP_awards_chart_060622.pdf

There doesnt seem to be any changes for economy tickets from North America to any destination on saver awards. The increases largely impact business and first class.

Thanks! I must have misread the original notices. Good to know that I don't have to give away my miles in a fire sale.

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, but just about every U.S. Airline worker has taken cuts of 30%+ and many have lost pensions just to keep the fares this low, can you imagine how high they'd be if they were still paying decent salaries? BTW, on behalf of all airline workers, you're welcome.

to me its just truth in advertising ,

tell us the truth up front on what it costs , then we can compare ,

the fine print is super small ytpe that no one can read,

Wonder where the millions the US government paid after 9/11 to the airlines , as we can see it did not go to Old Hippie and the other workers :(

OC

"...Wonder where the millions the US government paid after 9/11 to the airlines , as we can see it did not go to Old Hippie and the other workers ..."

It went into the pockets of greedy CEOs as did our salary/benifit cuts. One industry expert stated that the cost of the "average ticket" would be $30-50 higher if we had not taken the cuts...$50? BFD! the industry experts were worried people wouldn't pay it...fuel of course is still killing us all...no reliefe insight, maybe if we invade Iran and North Korea... Fuck this world is pissing me off!

Archived