Quiet here

Yehtmae

We disagree in that this may be a possibility? That is all I suggest, that it is possible that hanging out with a 'criminal' element may be in some way connected to being a 'victim'.

People who are openly in disregard of the law shouldn't be waving their finger in others faces saying such and such is dangerous...It's hypocritical.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

So, if we follow your reasoning then if I get hit by a truck while walking outside, it was my own fault because I could have stayed inside?

This sounds suspiciously similar to farangs getting blamed for traffic accidents because "if they hadn't been in Thailand there would not have been an accident".

Sanuk!

[color:red]

"Bangkoktraveler - You are not involved in, or never have been involved in P4P in Thailand?

If Yes, then you may have brought it on yourself. You consort with the lowest of the lows in Thailand, and this type of occurance SHOULD be expected with the company you keep."

[/color]

For a person who knows virtually nothing about me, and as it appears, has done nothing to investigate the two robberies on farangs that night, you have drawn together some interesting conclusions.

Even the Police did not come to the conclusions you did. They claimed robberies are occurring every night and are happening more often. They were sorry such an event happened to me.

But I guess if a person is robbed, there will always be some who will believe the person had it coming to them. What I have noticed is people who think like this seem to put the blame on the victim and like in this case, never mention the criminals involved.

I also get the feeling that some people actually believe that criminals are doing god's work in that of bringing about [color:blue]'justice'[/color].

No matter what ever happens to a farang in Thailand, it appears in the minds of some, it WAS the farangs fault.

It is too bad there is bad blood between you and me Buddha.

I think if you got to know me better and became more aware of what happened that day in which 4 men tried to rob me, I think you would draw a completely different conclusion. I talk about that day to others, hoping that nobody else has to go thru what I and the other American had to go thru.

Peace to you.

Hi. No bad blood and no conclusions.

Just a question, an ongoing unanswered question.

I think that if you are hanging out with a criminal element then you bring a certain risk upon yourself. This risk would not be present if you were not hanging with the crimianl element.

You claim that bangkok is getting more dangerous, but you hang out with a bunch of criminals. You won't answer the p4p question? Why? Do you hang out with people who break the law everyday? I do. More than a couple times a week. I realize it puts me in a different risk scenario. Do you?

KS - your analogy is not sound. If you get hit by the truck there is the possibility that it is your fault. Please don't get hit by a truck.

Bangkok traveler - I am sorry if you remain offended. It's just that Bangkok isn't so dangerous. I see a good deal of people posting that it is, yet they regularly hang out at bars full of prostitutes.....see a pattern here? Please don't get hit by a truck either.

It's just that Bangkok isn't so dangerous. I see a good deal of people posting that it is, yet they regularly hang out at bars full of prostitutes.....see a pattern here? Please don't get hit by a truck either.

It's a lot safer in bars full of prostitutes than on some Bangkok streets. I had a friend mugged and wounded by a knive when he walked away from the Southern bus terminal at 5am. Now if only he would not have taken a night bus.....this would not have happened to him.

And yes, I got hit by a car in Bangkok when crossing a street, looking in the wrong direction (they drive on the wrong side of the street here)

Hi,

"If you get hit by the truck there is the possibility that it is your fault."

Not if I am just walking around the street minding my own business.

"Please don't get hit by a truck."

Not planning on it :)

"I see a good deal of people posting that it is, yet they regularly hang out at bars full of prostitutes.....see a pattern here?"

I have not hung out in 'bars full of prostitutes' for several years now, yet I am convinced that Bangkok / Thailand is way more dangerous than most farangs think. And this opinion is shared by virtually every Thai person, and many long-time expats, I know.

Sanuk!

Buddha, maybe you got something going.

Things may be a lot safer now then they were 5 even 10 - 20 years ago. The problem is those of us who have been here or have been going back and forth for some time might find that you need to provide convincing evidence to substantite your position. Provide the evidence, let us ponder over it, and then we can get back with you if we have any questions or need clarification.

As for questions regarding my P4P activities - does that include the time I spend at Starbucks?

And would you please define what P4P is and what it curtails?

As for bad blood between us, it is still there.

For some reason, you can not seem to accept the fact that 2 farangs were attacked one night and that the purpose of the attacks was robbery. The police claim this happens on a nightly basis now. I assume you disagree.

[color:blue]Your logic seems to imply we caused our own robberies.[/color] Strange thinking if this is true. Does that mean the people who died during the terrorist attack of 9/11/01 were responsible for their own deaths? Remeber, some didn't show up for work that day.

Your statement [color:red]"You claim that bangkok is getting more dangerous, but you hang out with a bunch of criminals." [/color]is puzzling. How did you come to such a conclusion when you do not know me. If I came up to you on the street, you would not even be able to recognize me.

Bizarre indeed it is I must say.

Some day I got to buy you a drink. After you finish the drink I will tell you who I am. It should be interesting to watch your reaction. I got a feeling in real life you are nothing like you are when sitting before a computer.

[color:white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]PEACE

[color:white]x [/color]

Archived