Quiet here

Yehtmae

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would tend to think corruption would florish more under an authorian dictator than under a "democracy" that is more open...
And you would be right.

It is not just theory any more. There is a growing body of evidence that shows the link between (a) open democratic societies with free markets and (B) reduced corruption. Take a look at the transparency international index and you will see the relationship. Take a look at yesterday's International Herald Tribune (New York Times) and you will see an article about the relationship between (a) corruption and (B) pollution. The article is here: Undemocractic Society = Corruption = Pollution.

Maybe it was too much wine tonight (or maybe the article in the Bangkok Post I just posted about), but I see the glass as half full. People are starting to wake up to the value of sensible open market (economic democracy) based policies. We even saw evidence of that today in Thailand.

bangkoktraveler: "You claim that bangkok is getting more dangerous, but you hang out with a bunch of criminals." is puzzling. How did you come to such a conclusion when you do not know me.

First lets not quote me out of context. The statement is based on the answer to the question: 'Do you break the law?' You have stated otherwise, but I'm not sure if you were specifically referring to the night you were attacked or in general.

I see we are headed down the annoying road of you quoting this and me quoting that....so I will drop it. It IS in fact none of my business, I just hate to see people crow about what is dangerous....

I look forward to your buying me a drink and intro....

Sarasin Road runs along the northern edge of Lumphini Park, between Wireless and Ratchadamri Road.

I'm thinking this flyover where the assaults occur must be part of the elevated walkway that runs between Lumphini Park and Sukhumvit Soi 10.

I've walked this walkway many times early mornings. I would think it would have few people using it late at night.

\"two separate attacks on the same pedestrian flyover within hours in Bangkok's Pathumvan district "

"Sarasin Road runs along the northern edge of Lumphini Park, between Wireless and Ratchadamri Road"

Sarasin rd is lumpini district. the attack occured in patumwan district. closer to siam square area

Archived