BANGKOK GIRL - typical TV documentary coming up..

Chanchao

I don't know. Her English vocabulary was definitely quite high but she seemed bright so maybe she just picked it up here and there.

By cute I mean playful, flirtatious...but there again she could just be acting for the camera. To his credit Jordan did show her in a few down moods but there's a limit to how far into a person you can get in a one hour doco.

Obviously he, Jordan, would be completely discredited as a film maker if she is still alive. I just wanted to know more details about how and when and why she died.

I thought it was a good film. He avoided making judgments but it was made for mainstream TV so obviously he couldn't be seen approving of sex tourism. The English 'teacher' was a fairly typical young punter type enjoying himself in Bangkok. Fucking great 'ere innit, beer and pussy...fucking brilliant. He may regret shooting off his mouth now.

We could go on for ever about who is the exploiter and who is exploited but it probably does all come down to economics in the end.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ND

i have used Wikipedia Germany as my source http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourismus_in_Thailand

I translate:

In 2005 travelled 13,38 million international visitors to Thailand (+14,84 % compared to 2004)

Take in your calculation the amount of people aren't considered tourists because they are residents and expats etc.. both numbers are quite accurate!

I also understand that prostition was there before the tourists came! Also consider how many million europeans pedophiles came every year to satisfy their sick desires. The more tourists came the more kids where on the streets!

For every hungry punter you will find 2 feeding girls! I am not saying that I disagree with your FACTS, I am just don't agree with your definition because the face of of cities like BKK and PTY would be entirely different! Not as many hotels, not as many attractive bars, restaurants etc... No prostituiton = radical drop in toruism as a result you have half empty hotels, half empty restaurants etc.. the nightlife would be a different one, with the closing hour at 2am probably totally unattractive for the young people and if the older guys couldn't go home with a young attractive lady anymore, what would be the point in doing holidays in BKK??? It is not exactly a city for recreation! The same goes for PTY, close all the bars and stop prostitution, what is left?

I had the same discussion with a 62 year old guy in a bar last 2 weeks ago, he was trying to tell me that the sex toruism isn't that big and that he never had anything to do with it! Turned out that he married an 18yo when he was 56! :rotfl: He considered himself not a sex torist! The bar I was talking to him was Living Dolls Show Case, which is a gogo bar. lol

I thought it was a good film. He avoided making judgments but it was made for mainstream TV so obviously he couldn't be seen approving of sex tourism.

I second that! it was produced for CBS so i am sure he had to make some compromises! As much as I love whores and paying them for sex as much I cannot approve sex tourism either! I am not afraid to admit to have double standards! Sometimes it just makes me sick to see a hot young girl getting respectlessly groped all over by a very old or fat or stinking or totally wasted man! As much I seem to have low moral standards sometimes, almost 3 weeks ago i took home a struggeling fitness coach lady which just started to work a gogo. I am not fat and no adonis but she was obviously totally into the muscle guys, i saw that when we went out for a dance that night. After I took my shower she was waiting in the bed for me and was obviously disappointed about my body since and I saw she wasn't into me at all! She tried to be nice to me but it was just some average sex. i told her to stop, and told her that I don't want her to do something she doesn't want! I gave 1k baht and 20 baht for the motorbike taxi and told her to leave! I don't want a girl to have sex with me if I can feel she doesn't want it. Double Standars, I know! I went out with her and my friends for 10 nights in a row and she started to like me, we tried it again and it was just great!

The English 'teacher' was a fairly typical young punter type enjoying himself in Bangkok. Fucking great 'ere innit, beer and pussy...fucking brilliant. He may regret shooting off his mouth now.

Typical Brit Bloke!

Horryfying teeth, stupid as a mad cow and full of shit! He was enjoying hisself and couldn't see that everyone around him was shaking their heads! :shakehead

He said he is living in BKK 6 year, he probably has lost the connection to reality already! For me los is not the real world and especially not where I live in PTY!

I second that! it was produced for CBS so i am sure he had to make some compromises!

Inconsequential, but it was aired by CBC in Canada - although I believe your statement still rings true. I'm not sure if it has had an American airing yet - at least it isn't on the film's website. Has anyone viewed Bangkok Girl in other countries besides Canada?

What version do you guys have? - who's in the credits as far as broadcasters? Maybe it is CBS.

If anyone can record this and send it to me, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

I downloaded it from the link posted previously in this thread, the bit torrent file, but if you are not able to get it send me your details in a PM and I'll burn a DVD copy and mail it to you.

I second that! it was produced for CBS so i am sure he had to make some compromises!

Inconsequential' date=' but it was aired by CBC in Canada - although I believe your statement still rings true. I'm not sure if it has had an American airing yet - at least it isn't on the film's website. Has anyone viewed Bangkok Girl in other countries besides Canada?

What version do you guys have? - who's in the credits as far as broadcasters? Maybe it is CBS.

[/quote']

For CBC Newsworld ....

Archived