Losing the plot

jonjon058

How do you help a friend when they fall for one of these bar girls? I know someone in that situation. Relative newbie to the scene. Already divorced his wife over this girl and now is working on getting her into the US. I suppose I could be wrong about her but given how they met and the 20 year age difference I just don't see a happy ending to this. Anybody been in this situation? Do you just say nothing and hope for the best?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you help a friend when they fall for one of these bar girls? I know someone in that situation. Relative newbie to the scene. Already divorced his wife over this girl and now is working on getting her into the US. I suppose I could be wrong about her but given how they met and the 20 year age difference I just don't see a happy ending to this. Anybody been in this situation? Do you just say nothing and hope for the best?

Does he need help?

Has he sked you for advice at all?....why cant it work and he be happy others have made it work...several on this board...

Assuming he lost 1/2 or most or all of his shit in the divorce, what does he have to lose? STAY out of it. It could work out. And if it lasts longer than the 3 years or so that most marrages do, then it is statistically a successful marrage, and you are wrong...let them be.

Damn. Here I am ready to critique literature. I thought this thread to be about our own C. Wow's literary masterpiece, or bound toilet paper (depends upon who you ask)...

Cheers,

SD

PS - OP, I agree with the rest, after a few times trying to "do the right thing." Leave it alone. No good will come of any meddling. Just try to be there to pick up the pieces if he is a good friend (and she a scammer).

cowards! not to help your friend and keep him out of troubles!

maybe tell him some stories about the major pitfalls some other fellow farang got into. after all he is a newbie and might not know!

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

All the times I did it nearly (or did) cost me friendships because I "did not understand that 'she was different'!"

Nope, the most I say now is "are you sure that's what you want to do?" The answer is 100% "yes," so I say "up to you," sigh, and move to the next subject.

I'm happy that you have not been tried like this before...

Cheers,

SD

Archived