America has now killed more Iraqis than Saddam did

preahko

600 odd thousand? Well, what can I say? I take an almost instant liking to most Americans I meet while in Asia. However, the ignorance of the majority of the effects of their government's foreign policy is very disturbing. Are these Americans simply too lazy to educate themselves?

I am an ardent anti-American. I believe that America is the greatest threat to peace in the world and to the survival of the human race.

I hate Starbucks, SUVs, Republicans and American arrogance, ignorance and gullibility.

I also believe that ultimately the American people are responsible for the actions of their government. Let's see 650,00 odd dead due to this war, 250,000 odd dead as a direct resultt of US sponsored sanctions prior to the war... that's 800,000.. hey we're approaching the one million mark! Can anyone say GENOCIDE?

To sum up, F**K America.

:twocents::stirthepo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...I also believe that ultimately the American people are responsible for the actions of their government..."

We are all ears as to how we can stop them...please tell us/help us...I don't see the rest of the world actively trying to stop the current regime...where are the calls for war crime tribunals etc...? How can we stop him? vote him out? that didn't work either time...to me, we are dealing with corruptuion worse than any 3rd world country.

As to are AMericans that ignorant/arrogant of their government...yes, many of us are. Look at how many just don't want to even entertain a thought unless Fox news or Rush Limbough tell them to...look at how many will vote against their own best interests, simply because the other candidate suppoorts something they don't like, say gun control or abortion...my adopted sister, a catholic convert, has boldly stated she WILL NEVER vote for a pro choice candidate, no matter what...rediculis in my book, but a ton of votoers like this...

As for us not voting these clowns out, when we do, we just get new and different clowns, too difficult to remove a politician here, how does the process work in your end of the world? As I said, we are all ears...well, some of us...let me add, the Americans you meet abroad are usually not that typical, as the typical American never leaves the country, or doesn't even have a passport/thought to do so...

"To sum up, F**K America"

Nice. It's nice to see most Americans here on the board ignore this blatant anti-American stuff. I can imagine the uproar if the Yanks on here were saying the same, "Fuck Ireland" "Fuck England" "Fuck Australia" "Fuck France" "Fuck Germany" "Fuck Italy" etc. They'd probably receive a reprimand to knock it off, and I really don't see much of the 'ignorant' American crap you see on some boards on here. Do you, Fidel?

I doubt the same would be as easily ignored and taken would it? Is this crap necessary? Is the inflammatory shit like this wanted here, or needed in these discussions?

To sum it up ... *sigh*. :shakehead

Cent

"To sum up, F**K America"

Nice. It's nice to see most Americans here on the board ignore this blatant anti-American stuff. I can imagine the uproar if the Yanks on here were saying the same, "Fuck Ireland" "Fuck England" "Fuck Australia" "Fuck France" "Fuck Germany" "Fuck Italy" etc. They'd probably receive a reprimand to knock it off, and I really don't see much of the 'ignorant' American crap you see on some boards on here. Do you, Fidel?

I doubt the same would be as easily ignored and taken would it? Is this crap necessary? Is the inflammatory shit like this wanted here, or needed in these discussions?

To sum it up ... *sigh*. :shakehead

Cent

Frustrating, in the least.

Many, if not everyone, wants to do something to improve things.

Insults are just venting the frustration.

The USA is made up of some of everyone on this board; UK, France, Germany, etc or at least our relative came from there and many still with relatives there.

Way back when, one of my profs said that the best form of government was a "benevolent dictator".

A kind hearted dictator that did not answer to anyone and could make a decision on the spot.

Cent did you read Fidel's opening lines <

>>

Fidel's hatred is something I understand, Americans keep voting for people that do these things that lead to aweful situatuions, rather than take it as just another American bashing, why not take it as fair critism and on the chin.

I am profoundly ashamed of my government, and refused a reward from them because of my disdain. I continually try to educate people of the shameful actions the Aussie government is doing and the way Australia has sadly changed.

Rather than simply reply to a America Bashing, why not try to see why people all around the world have similar thoughts?

DOG

I am not surprised that you consider reading Thomas Mann (and Goethe too, I assume) is choosing the "wrong books". So did Hitler, by the way.
I suggest you start beeing less manipulative an stop twisting the words I said! That is the 3rd time. I have aknowledged you have something to do with the press. Twist the news or whatever you do but stop twisting me! About Thomas Mann I can say that he was an outstanding author but his political observations and essays have been discussed very controversial since he lived in the USA. He wasn't there! When he was suggested as the first Bundespräsident he turned down the job! Just a few weeks ago it was revealed in the press that Günther Grass was an active Nazi, he has blood on his hands and his standing and acceptance is at 0% in this country!

Look man, you obviously read much and you are obviously american which I get from your easy made conclusions, having read stuff and expressing words in German doesn't mean you have all facts straight! If you are trying to outsmart people you shouldn't throw things you catched in a book. Comparing Adenauer und Goethe as Rheinländer is quite dumb, because Adenauer is from Bad Honnef (Nordrhein Westfalen) and Goethe from Frankfurt (Hessen) 2 different Bundesländer, with a car in the early 50ies about 10 hours away and it is not the Rhein running through Frankfurt it is the Main

Gerhard Schröder wasn't an opportunist, he said he doesn't see the Iraq as a threat so he won't participate in that war! he had the backup of 89% of the nation (source Der Spiegel) Look he was right. The USA have been the ones who insulted the Germans and the French in particular, not the other way around! Schröders SPD was also in a Coalition with DIE GR�NEN, a peace party who have envoiremental issues and peace on top of their bill. The Bundestag voted with 99,7% against a participation of the Bundeswehr, they also would have never gotten the mandate from the Nato which they need. The Bundeswehr is only allowed to participate in defence situations (Bündnisfall). The Iraq wasn't aknowledged as a threat by the UN and the Nato, so Germany could have never participated, even when they wanted! Schröder didn't mention that because it played in his cards since it was a close race in the elections against Edmund Stoiber. Americans also missed to inform their people about Germanies special situation and called them THE OLD EUROPE (Donald Rumsfeld) in the world press!!! Germany offered airspace and supplies and re-openend closed Airbases for the USA, how exactly is that opportunistic?

There is one thing you can't get from books, personal talks with people who have been there! You might have noticed that my knownledge about Germany is better than yours, that's because I am german! My dad, my uncles and my aunts are born in the early 30ies and late 20ies, they have been there, some of them has been kids some where already soldiers. Going to school in Germany means that the 2nd world war takes the biggest part in historical education, parents, grandparents of my class mates came to school and described their view on things! There was many differences in their explanations except one "if we knew what Hitler ws up to we would have never supported him" that was the common denominator! Judging all germans as Nazis is so low! We don't judge all americans as bush supporters either, why not? Because NOW we have a free press, we have the internet and we are allowed to express our opinions, in 1933 there was no such thing as free press, Hitler controlled what was allowed to say which was my initial point which you refused to answer. Instead of realising what it means to live under a radical dictator you bored me with half true german history! Did you try to make a point? All I know is that you twisted my words for the 3rd time.

like the last time when I said:

America might just look at the progress before they complain. Maybe the current PM turns out as a great man! I hate people who complain before things actually happnend. And hey!!! If Thailand decides to stay undemocratic it is up to them and only to them and not to the USA!"

You answered:

I don't agrre with your manipulative twist of my argument . I have never said that things cannot be OK in Thailand. And where do I complain? I I said that the interim prime minister has excellent credentials. I have never said that the present policy of the interim leadrship is bad. But again and again it must be just that, interim and not permanent.With this kind of persuasive manipulation on your side (on top of talkative and poorly structured way of arguing) there is little reason to continue this debate from my side. I have made my point."

Talking about opportunistic :shhh:

Sorry folks for the offtopic! Couldn't leave this unanswered.

Archived