America has now killed more Iraqis than Saddam did

preahko

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Well, yeah, but besides just ranting on it, well, where's the meat, where are the thoughts, ideas, and opinions that might help me, as an American, and others around the world reading this stuff, to maybe do something constructive to change things? Just saying "I hate America!" Or, "I am anti-American!" or the classic, "Fuck America!" gets so damned boring to read and does nothing whatsoever.

Cent, for some people it might get boring to read the same things over and over again and I really don't understand these people who say "fuck America" Actually I am not listening to the "fuck America" guys since this line tells me a lot about this person! I said it before, it is not the countries fault, so i cannot damn the entire country. On the opposite side I find it okay when people discuss GWBs actions over and over again just to remember and to make sure people don't forget! Easy to say as a non american probably! If it was my country I would most likely think different! I would assume that this is where GWB gets his support from, when foreigners are bashing the american leader, they create some sort of self defence even when they haven't been attacked!

What can people do?

The Impeachment Movement was a good idea but once again the entire US GoV machinery was more powerful than that! The polls for the impeachment movement were barely released on the media, the media didn't wanted to be a part of it and other people who stand up and go on TV to make people aware of whats going on are getting bashed live on national TV. Giant networks like Fox do NOT report news, they author them the way it favors the republicans!

If you are one of those guys who is asking valid questions in the public you will be bashed and labled as a liberal moron, as a conpiracy freak, as an unpatriotic prick! The media in the US is the strongest weapon of the government because they have the power to ban certain news if it would "hurt" the nation. It is also interesting to see who makes the biggest donations to certain networks! It is the government who sponsors the top 4 networks. You don't cut off the hand the feeds your, right?

What can you really do? Stay open minded and try to make your own opinion. Probably staying awake and aware is the only thing the people in the US can do! :(

"...If you are one of those guys who is asking valid questions in the public you will be bashed and labled as a liberal moron, as a conpiracy freak, as an unpatriotic prick!..."

Yes, have been called all those...even by *SOME* members of this board. But I digress...O.k. as you have pointed out, Americans cannot do it alone, so again, where is the international movement?

...O.k. as you have pointed out, Americans cannot do it alone, so again, where is the international movement?

Look back to history...

WW II, Hitler killing off monorities and Jews, years before WW II started, where was Europe? why did they do nothing?

More recently...Bosnia, where was Europe?

Killings going on in Africa, same question...same response from Europe, no action!

Yes, the USA screws up but the USA does something! it may be wrong but the USA tries!!! :yeahthat:

Agreed. I also notice people condem us for involvement in one place, but then express outrage that we didn't do something someplace else...

As for Nazi's etc, it could be (has been) argued that the world didn't really know, blah blah...now of course we have instant information, and the world is "smaller" in terms of how fast we can get somewhere etc, so more less no excuse...if the world is indeed pissed at USA involvement/warts based on lies etc, then the world , who claims to know about it, should rise and do something...

Oddly, some condemed us for involvement in Bosnia, yet then condemed us for not getting involved in Rawanda...seems we just can't win...Anyone have a clue as to the "official" (and real) reasons behind Somalia?

Archived