NotStickman defeats Stickman

potica69

<<1. Stick ran a highly commercial enterprise and yet tried to present himself as a public-spirited guy who gave up all his free time so that we might benefit. No problems with Stick making money from his site - good luck to him - but he treats us as fools if he thinks we don't understand his motivation is truely commercial.>>

Err then why do you complain? Ahhh, your a fool, ok!

<<2. Can a guy spend so much of his time in the lowlife areas of Bangkok, writing up about prostitution, recommending brothels and investigating sleaze, and then turn up to his day job teaching young kiddies, and expect no one to say anything. It might not be a moral case for you, but perhaps the parent's of Stick's pupils and his employers should be able to make an informed choice as to the kind of person they want in their schools.>>

So, your a parent in Sticks scchool? if so, fair enough but we KNOW your not right?

<<3. In the light of the John Kerr case, expats and teachers in particular have come in for a great deal of criticism in Thai circles. Could Stick think he really could continue in such circumstances.>>

Agreed, all web master's better keep their heads down, HEY how about that bloke who fucks virgins? Whats his name? John Something? G A ????

<<4. Stick ran his businesses in an illegally. I'd emailed him on the subject as had others, whether he had a work permit for running his commerical web site, and for his PI business. Without ever receiving a reply I assume that he has no work permit and is neither paying tax on his income. If my assumption is wrong, I'll withdraw the allegation, but until then I'll stick(sic) to my opinion.>>

Why the FUCK do you care if he ran his site illegally? Did it impact on you? are YOU the new thought police? Who gives a flying fuck?

Hang on, I dont see you saying man tours runs their sites illegally?

<>

So says

DOG

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was exactly twelve months ago that I posted on here that Stick was heading for a mighty fall, and so it proved.

(So you had a felling a NitWit like Galt, may come out of the woodwork, to shit in Stick's Rice Bowl)

The reasons I gave then were not accepted by most of the posters who replied to me, but I think I have been proved right.

1. Stick ran a highly commercial enterprise and yet tried to present himself as a public-spirited guy who gave up all his free time so that we might benefit. No problems with Stick making money from his site - good luck to him - but he treats us as fools if he thinks we don't understand his motivation is truely commercial.

(Every reasonable board member and reader of his site, I am sure knew, that Stick was making a few bucks, from advertising, so what?)

2. Can a guy spend so much of his time in the lowlife areas of Bangkok, writing up about prostitution, recommending brothels ( I do not recall, that) and investigating sleaze, and then turn up to his day job teaching young kiddies, and expect no one to say anything. It might not be a moral case for you, but perhaps the parent's of Stick's pupils and his employers should be able to make an informed choice as to the kind of person they want in their schools.

(I have only met Stick a few times, I sure he would not remember my name. Out of the 100s of Farang teachers, I met in BKK, he is the one, I would want to teach my kids)

3. In the light of the John Kerr case, expats and teachers in particular have come in for a great deal of criticism in Thai circles.(Galt, not only physically looks like Karr, from what I have read, both on his site, and here, his morality, is closer, as well.) Could Stick think he really could continue in such circumstances. (YES, and I hope he will return, as his site, indicates today. http://www.stickmanbangkok.com, "I have decided to take a break from updating this site for a short while to concentrate on my teaching. The break is needed....but it is not permanent.")

4. Stick ran his businesses in an illegally. I'd emailed him on the subject as had others, whether he had a work permit for running his commerical web site, and for his PI business. (Really none of you business, to start with, or Galts.)Without ever receiving a reply I assume that he has no work permit and is neither paying tax on his income.(More none of you business, I would not answer, either. you should keep your ASSUMMING, to yourself, in anycase, witout facts.) If my assumption is wrong, I'll withdraw the allegation, but until then I'll stick(sic) to my opinion. (Are you Galt, or a clone?)

As a submitter to half a dozen stories I'm sorry to see him go. His was an informative and entertaining site. (So am I, and a lot of others, this is your business.)But his demise was inevitable.

Stick refused to heed warnings, probably because he was making considerable dosh, and had made several influential contacts in the nightlife industry, he probably flt himself beyond reach.

The speed with which he withdrew his site indicates that he must have known he was operating in a twilight area.

Bernard Trink was shoved aside after 40 years by the new kid on the block, and not many tears were shed for NightOwl. (Trink was okay, just his time had come to retire, Stick or No Stick.)

For those who miss their weekly Thai fix, I'm sure the market will respond to fill the vacuum and you'll see somebody with a little more savvy than Stickman coming up with a replacement.

That's just the way it goes around. (SAD, but true, to many assholes out there, like ____ ?)

I think I saw Bangkokreal and John Galt one Thursday back in February. They were not on soi 5 by Gulliver's but on soi 3/1 where the alleyway between Gulliver's meets soi 3/1. They were both dressed with a tie and suit jacket and were preaching from the Bible at the top of their voice.

I stopped and listened. I listened because I never heard anybody speak so fast, so much and end up saying nothing. When finished, the other immediately stepped in, as if on cue, and began rattling away. Even to this day, I have no idea what they were trying to say.

P.S. Has John Galt posted on his site his work permit yet? [color:blue]

Remember, preachers have to get a special permit! [color:white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] :mooning:

It was exactly twelve months ago that I posted on here that Stick was heading for a mighty fall, and so it proved.

You must be referring to THIS TOPIC where you asked how much he makes, as you have no other presence on this board.

You made no predictions of Stickman's demise there, but rather posted precisely the same gripes about him that Galt/Summers used as an excuse for his holy crusade.

Prescience or coincidence? Not likely.

I can smell those sour grapes clear across the Pacific, bangkokreal, and a rotten, fishy smell it is.

Exactly what is up with this Stickman obsession of yours, Mr. Galt?

If you scroll to the bottom of that thread, you see Paul 101's post, which is right on the money. I can't understand the facination that people have with; is the website up/down and the john Gault angle. Ultimately, I could care less about the subject and can't see why it would be a big subject for conversation here.

It seems like it's politically incorrect to bash Stickman here. To be honest, Stickman is a dick and Keith is a saint.

(wind-up disclaimer)

Stick has his critics here....go back through the posts and you'll see plenty. As for Stick being a dick and Galt being a saint I'd say it was a bit more nuanced than that.

(nice try anyway)

Archived