NotStickman defeats Stickman

potica69

But Stickman put years of hard work into developing his site and had many interesting things on it, including lengthy interviews with people like Trink and other Bangkok characters.

Some of "Sticks" latest interviews with â??Bangkok charactersâ? were fawning praise-songs for Marc of Eden Club and â??Boss Hoggâ? â?? both of whom make / made their money in Bangkok solely as Pimps.

I would not want my children taught by anyone who glorifies such people.

Paul

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly do you know about Marc from Eden? Have you met him, have you spoken to him, do you know how he treats his employees? There is a huge difference betwenn gloryfying and advertising / reviewing! The customer satisfaction there is incredible, so why not giving it a review? Why not reviewing it good when it was good? Why silencing about it when it is a part of the nightlife, a well known part to be precise!

It has nothing to do with his work at school, absolutely nothing, I havent heard that Stick was trying to drag a pupil into a brothel nor I have heard about sexual harassement. I dont know Stick as a teacher, he might be a very good one, Who are we to judge???

Parents sell their virgin daughters to old men or to the highest bidders just like Geishas, these are the real pimps in Thailand. A girl of Eden is free to go, nobody is chaining them on the bed like in other brothels in Europe.

People have double standards, we all have, but noone should loose his job over our moral issues! If he is a good teacher that is all that counts for me and my kids (if I had any)

Some of "Sticks" latest interviews with â??Bangkok charactersâ? were fawning praise-songs for Marc of Eden Club and â??Boss Hoggâ? â?? both of whom make / made their money in Bangkok solely as Pimps.

Paul

Did he ever glorify it to his students? No? So what's the problem.

>I would not want my children taught by anyone who glorifies such people

So teachers are not allowed to have any private life out of school? They are "on duty" 24/7? Not sure teachers are paid for those hours. While you certainly have the right to decide who teaches your children, maybe its a slippery slope. What else are you against? Gay teachers? Lesbians? blacks? People with funny accents? Physical handicaps? We all have our own prejudices which may affect our judgement. Surely the sole criteria that should concern you (and others) is : Is he a good teacher? I am pretty sure thats what he is paid for.

Lets not forget amongst all the witch hunting of Sticks income, that he also spends time doing voluantary teaching to underprivilidged kids. How many of us put our time where our mouth is?

All in all, whatver his warts, Stick *is* one of the good guys in Thailand who adds considerably more to the life of Thailand both at the levels of overseas visitors as well as the local thais than the vast majority of us do.

Don't like what he says on the web site or disagree with him? Fine - make your comments post your views whatever turns you on. But, and here is the important point - Galt played the man - not the ball, and for that many, many people will hold a grudge (whether or not they agree with stick!). Which expat in Thailand leads a TOTALLY clean life - not even one skeleton in the closet they would like kept quiet - not even *one* visit to a dodgy bar? I am sure there are some, and I am sure they are in a damn small minority. The fact there is some whacko self apointed "vigillanty" sporting around Thailand is a cause of deep concern to many, many, many people.

From what I have heard, there *will* be a reckoning, and maybe even several independent ones - Galt crossed way over a line and the "stick" issue is in many ways besides the point....

-j-

I can definately understand many people want to go after Galt personally, I personally wouldn't know how I would react if I were ever to meet him personally. I just hope nobody does anything that will put them in harms way. I am confident Galt will be dealt with in an appropriate manner. Please don't anybody go out there and play judge, jury and executioner, things need time to be ended in a rightfull way and I am confident thet will end up in a good way!

Waerth

ji ,

whilst I WHOLEHAERTILY agree with your thoughts , my enthusiasm is considerably reduced by at least 5 misspells in your post, one of the more dramatic ones being " underpriviliged " . I regard this as a more relaxed approach on life in general for which you receive my sincerest appreciation , Christmas greetings and additionally some cash if you are in need .

BuBi

BB,

I copied and pasted J_I's post into MS word and found 7 typographical errors. We shouldn't be too hard on J_I. Even though he jammed on me about making a Falang toilet at our house in the village during the writing contest a couple of years ago.

I think he made his point. The thing is this whole thing is utterly ridiculous. I personally know Stickman having made his acquaintance way before he became so popular. He is a good guy and this Galt character is a big loser.

LL

I can definately understand many people want to go after Galt personally, I personally wouldn't know how I would react if I were ever to meet him personally.

They will go after him, independend from Stickmans wishes or if he agrees with it. The word is out for a week or so and I know some of the guys who are teaming up. It will be frekcing ugly and I still hope the 2 guys can sort things out face 2 face! Seems some very dark people here want to set an example that something like that will never happen again! It is not funny though

Archived