problems with break up...

junglesoup

have any of you guys got any good advice on how to end it with a Thai girl.

I ve been going out with a luk kreung for over a year. Part of me still loves her, but its too complicated and I like my independence and mental space.

Of course I dont want to lose her as a friend...

She is 19, and very very attached. I m trying to split up and its so obvious its not working but she wont let go.

I ve been weak by not standing firm by ending it,and feel trapped. She keeps threatening suicide and saying shes nothing to live for. This is putting me in a real tight squeeze. I can t go on t like this, as its effecting my quality of life. The constant sms, and feeling like I am being controlled out of fear rather than love. This isnt deliberate on her part, as I said shes just smitten and lost perspective.

How worried should I be about these suicide threats?

I break it off but then kind of patch it up out of fear that she ll do something, and also I really care for her well being and want her to be alright. SO i think i try to be like a friend but its not working that way.

One night i went away with my mate and we had a ball around bangkok. i left my phone in my room. I came back the next day and had 125 missed calls...thats worrying.

She leaves voice mail where she is crying uncntrollably, and hyperventilating.

Pls guys any advice?

She is a good thai girl, sincerely. She is veryu kind and never asks for anything. She has no experience with men before really...

This strikes as a fairly common thing in Thailand. This deep deep attachment.

I would find it hard to cope if she killed herself.

Cheers fellas,

chris.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Lose the SIM card and return to Farangland for a few months.

>She has you dancing like a puppet on a string. She knows EXACTLY what she is doing.<

Maybe, maybe not. Even Thai girls have the ability to love/fall in love. If that happens, a break-up would hurt. People all around the world can hurt.

I'm sorry I cannot give you any advice. I have learnt not to get attached.

I think this belongs in the relationship forum, but anyway I have had a very long experience with breaking up with my Thai GF at home in the US. We had about a 3 year relationship but I was ready to move on. She became psycho on me. Also with the suicide threats. Also would call my mobile 100 times in a night. Now almost 2 years later she still has not given up on me. I had one experience when I was breaking up with her 2 years ago and I made the mistake of talking to her in my truck. She would not get out! I wanted to go home but she would not get out. I ended up just leaving for a while and when I came back she had finally gone back to her apartment. It was a mistake to continue to have contact with her in any way. I finally just said "I don't want to see you again and I don't care if you are alone"! Pretty cold I know but nothing else would work. When Thai women fall in love it is like a waterfall not a trickle. They really fall hard and they believe it will be for life, especially if you are a good guy. Then they hold on with everything they have. It is not easy to pry those fingers loose when you think it is time to go.

LOL, and all you guys want to get involved with the infamous GTG. Well, this is what you get. Are you sure you want to go there?

Anyway, back to JS's problem. Let me guess JS, you were her first man. As in, she was a virgin before you. That would explain a lot. I have seen #1 daughter do the same thing, despite Mrs Tiger & I trying to get her to stop (we hated the boy and were far, far less concerned than she that she lost her virginity to him). It took a loooonnngggg time (2+ years and 10K miles), but she's finally over him and dating someone else whom we all like. Heard the same stories from other parents and #1's friends.

How to finish it? No real idea, since my experience is on the female side (I've never initiated a break-up with a Thai female). But you'll have to be a bit tough I'd guess. And suicide threats are totally common in LoS, but I'd say 0.01% actually go through with it, so just consider it a bit of manipulative dramatics and ignore it.

Mainsail, spot on. You should post more!

Good luck,

SD

Chris,

i am repeating myself today, I've said the same thing in another thread.

Honesty has the effect that it brings you straight to the point.

What you have said in your first lines makes perfect sense to me, you need your space and you need your freedom.

Just tell her the truth that you aren't ready for a serious relationship and that you would like to see other girls as well.

If you can't do that I assure you that you don't really wanna leave her, you just wanna have some fun without her (whatever that means)

Be honest to yourself, you wanna go out alone or "fuck around" do it! You wanna get rid off her, do it!

There is no other advice for breaking up because if she was a good girl she deserves the truth.

Just say what is on your mind!

See my zillion posts on SSG and WTFG and women in generel, ask yourself if you want to end up like me, then take Ikkrangs advice and don't get attatched. OOps too late, you are traveling down the Si Saket highway at a dangerous speed...find the off ramp before you hit Buri Ram!

You long ago passed the last chance for exit, and are headed for the stopping block at the end of the Si Saket Highway...worst case ever has been the NUmbers, poor guy is just in total denial...but you are close, I am waiting for you...JS is along the road...well, good company anyway...

Archived